eNom is learning from the no good Registerfly support!

Friends forgive all the friendly reports I wrote here about eNom as they also do not reply on support request!
    I am now 10 days trying to move accounts and one for a important customer is still at registerfly.
    They just leave the admin email on support@registerfly.com
    As I made over 10 times changes for the whois data base it does not change and the wrong email remains.

A closer look learns me that eNom is the register so wrote to them too.
    I did have a friendly contact with them as we have a large amount of accounts with domains to move to them.
    But thanks God we always first open a test account with some not important domain names and from there we will see first of all how their support is working.
    As I am forced by them to conclude that also eNom stinks! They don’t even make a reply on kind request to help us changing a simple thing such as an admin email address as they are the register.

With registerfly I am now on a daily bases updating the same un answered support ticket.
    Its day 4 now with no reply also from them.
    I have reported this also to ICANN but I serious doubt that they will do something as they should have over 30,000 complains about Regsiterfly.
    http://www.extremejourney.com regards Peter and Savo from Makserver

Its for sure a good idea to try a new potential domain registra with a few domains before you move a bulk load over. I would keep searching for an alternative registra if what you have posted is correct.

Hi Redone I am glad to see that there are more like me as its a must for me to try first before you fall
    My advice to others is always to pay special attention to small signs such as, average response time on a question send to them. I do always take under consideration the time zone difference with my time.

How friendly are they and does they really answer all of your questions
    Also like some of the members here discussed about, how is the control panel working out for you?
    With the first sign of real trouble with your register: move out and never wait until the ship sinks and your domain as well.

I did really have nice contacts before with Registerfly and that's why I have more accounts with them.
    I do not like to see and to post all the horrors they created for so many of us if they improve I will be one of the first to come back to them but again only if....

With eNom, to get back on topic it is not working out.
    When I wanted to open a reseller account the average time of reply has been less than 1 hour. Now having some trouble it takes days with no reply at all!

Are you contacting eNom about fixing a problem with a domainer at registerfly? They almost never help with this because they let resellers control those under them or domains in their account.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

No they did not help me at all.
    I sometimes have the idea that support there is not reading this but a robot picks up some lines from a email.
    As I posted here before I wrote them a detailed message over and over again about the RF problem and about their whois and RF theirs data base is different with the whois.com.
    To this other register comapnies are looking at and with pending a domain they will send an email to the admin email address mentioned on the whois.com.

So after days and days I got this message finaly back from eNom:
    Hello,
    If you wish to just open a retail account and transfer your domains to eNom, please open an account at www.eNomCentral.com - your domains will not be there just yet.

Then send an email to our CustomerCare@enom.com department, let them know you wish to transfer (thus renew) the domains in your own eNom account. Provide the login name and she will help get this process started so you can renew and manage the domain in your own account.

laura | technical support team
    Well who is crazy now?
    OK I am smiling again because user RegFly did the job and now the right admin email is on whois.com

Savo, this may help,
    especially if the domain is .info, make sure you fill out every field including address2 and use n/a if it does not apply.
    It can take up to 48 hours for AFILIAS.info to get the update through whois.

Busterz thanks but if you read the last part of my posting everything is just fine now, I am such a happy man again, so now time for a big cold beer

Quote Originally Posted by savo
    Busterz thanks but if you read the last part of my posting everything is just fine now, I am such a happy man again, so now time for a big cold beer
    Great Savo , this info worked for me (as advised by Richard - Namecheap) after messing around for days at RF, I hope it can be useful to others with similar 'painful' issues..

I have to contradict you savo. I find both RegisterFly and eNom support to be pretty good. In both cases you must use their ticket system. eNom's is rather obscurely hidden in their help pages. I suppose you are using that? Sending a registrar an email for support, just isn't going to cut it. Also you won't get a reply to a ticket request at eNom over a weekend. Other than that I usually get a reply in 24-48 hours.

As both a retail or reseller customer of eNom, you would generally be better off as a sub-reseller of an ETP (see MrZippy or Bashar) unless you have the volume and bucks to become an ETP in your own right. Opening up a retail account with eNom is just insane.
    Signature Under Construction.

Stu2 I don't agree with you as registerfly support ticket system sucks!
    I ONLY open trough their support system tickets and if you like I can copy and paste all dates and clearly you and other will see that they just don't reply.

Its the same case with eNom my ticket have been opened Monday last week and the answer reply came in yesterday. Again as you can read its not a real answer...

Also just read the reports from others here, there so many customers which don't or a very late reply.

In your case you might have a special rank there with eNom and they might not like to lose you like a reseller there.
    In my case I opened a new test account paid a little just to see where to put my domains as after the horror with RF I first will stop, look and listen before going to sign in my domains.
    Again they are not really my domains they are domains of my customers.

Well, all I can say is our experiences are worlds apart. I think you took the correct approach in testing them out first. I don't think it requires as much vitriol if your just testing a registrar as when you are using a registrar and their support goes down the drain.

Currently, I have zero domains at RegisterFly and I'm still getting my support tickets answered in less than 24hrs. Go figure

How much did you pay to have your domain transferred to eNom?
    Last edited by stub; 11-23-2006 at 08:37 AM.
    Signature Under Construction.