Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Avoid FIRMBIT.COM

Avoid these guy’s at all cost... take your money and run. It’s a bait and switch con going here. The Ring master is Chad (note names can change fast) these people are in India (they will not tell you that) Ripped me big on a seo project (over $1,000.00 USD)… made a mess of my server and will not make repairs (too late now) or refund…will not even return messages... learn from my mistake avoid avoid avoid

Can you elaborate on the bait and switch?
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Yes, as a new member and this being your first post, it's a little hard to believe that you are not a competitor trying to destroy FIRMBIT's reputation.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Scams @ Firmbit.com

If that was the case... don't you think I would tell you all about my great business offering??? Toss out a link or two???

I am hurt very bad and have no way to reslove my issue or recover any of my money... my goal is to let others know about these people Firmbit.com.

If Firmbit.com would like to "do the right thing" and refund my money 100% not looking for the damage of lost of business or repairing the site, I would not take these actions. They have told me many times they would fix the damage (4 times) and it just got worse...

These people are likely to just rename the site and pop up again... but atleast we should try and id these people when we can

Well i cant be sure untill ive heard both sides of the story, i have a friend whos looking into them ive alerted him aswell of this.

Hi Michael,

I have not avoided you nor refused to refund any money and I would rather get this issue resolved outside of a public forum as there is no need to post anything here. For anyone curious the situation is for this particular non-admin programming job, I had outsourced some programmers to do the SEO/HTML work for Michael and his web site and had paid them accordingly and left the work to them and the job was then in their care and out of my hands. Little did I know they did not perform the job that was supposed to be done and now I am paying the consequences for hiring them.

Michael, I am still trying to work this out with them so please message me directly as I have none of your modified files, no record of the work and no way to find out what was/wasn't done.

If a moderator could freeze/close this post I would appreciate it. This matter will be resolved outside of the forum. Thank you.

Bait & Switch FirmBit.com

Chad, You have my contact information I would ask again that you reply to my emails/messages.
    I am gald you have agreed to discuss this matter . I have had to have the software repaired and this as cost me dearly in terms of loss of business and programer time... Email me I am hopeful we can work this out. I regret it had to come to this. Michael
    Last edited by mmatthew; 11-12-2006 at 07:29 PM.

UPDATE (last 12 hours): Chad W did send me a nice letter last night to which I replied with my concerns and another request for a refund. I am out over $1,000.00 USD (that is very big money to me) plus my emergency repairs and loss of customers/income.

I am hopeful Chad W and Firmbit.com have an interest in "Doing The Right Thing" soon... I just want this nightmere to end!

I will update again in 12 hours... Thank you for keeping an interest in this...

I find it strange that as a security and administration company there are no contact details (phone #, address, or anything) on the website and the domain has private whois associated with it.

This essentially means that if your root pwd is out with them and you've given them money, they could technically run away with it and your money as well.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

UPDATE (last 12 hours): Chad W sent me another email and we are working in good faith to address this matter. I am hopeful that within the next couple of hours I can report more progress. It appears at this time that Chad W and Firmbit.com have an interest in "Doing The Right Thing" I remain hopeful...

I'm confused, they just didn't do the work? Or is there more to it? I hope things get worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FirePenguin
    I'm confused, they just didn't do the work? Or is there more to it? I hope things get worked out for you.
    They not only did not do the work (so it would work) they messed up the server and the software to a point where the site lost sales/customers and then kept telling me they would fix it. I actually thought they were working on it until I changed my server passwords... (oh what a fool was I)

Chad W./ Firmbit.com admit that they subbed this work out and that is where the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by kelownatech
    Can you elaborate on the bait and switch?
    The Bait and Switch is a form of fraud in which the fraudster lures customers by advertising a product or service and then substitutes that product or service with one of lesser quality or value.

In this case, I was sold a service based on the high value relationship formed with Chad W. & Firmbit.com Only to find out later that the project was subbed out to low value programers. Chad W. Admits this in his reply that he hired other programers to do the work collected the money and walked away...

UPDATE (last 12 hours): Chad W & Firmbit.com have agreed to refund 100% of the project costs. (Chad W ~ perhaps you can confirm this by posting a message ~ think it would be helpful for people to see your committment to reslove issues)

It appears that the programers he hired have also caused him many problems which he is now making every effort to address. I have not be refunded at this time however I am willing to trust Chad W & Firmbit.com.

* Who is Chad W & FirmbIT.com?

Quote Originally Posted by niyogi
    I find it strange that as a security and administration company there are no contact details (phone #, address, or anything) on the website and the domain has private whois associated with it.

This essentially means that if your root pwd is out with them and you've given them money, they could technically run away with it and your money as well.

Roj
    Does anyone know Chad W and/or FirmbIT.com ?
    Full Names, Location (address), Phone Number?
    Doesn't seem to be available anywhere, funny?

I thought you resolved the problem you were having?
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I dont see why this industry is not run like most other industries. For example you dont pay your car mechanic until work is done, you have some guy working on your house, normally you dont pay until its done. When I go to the hospital for something minor (broken bone etc) they dont ask for any billing/insurance information until i check out.

I rarely if ever take payment until work is done. A thing like a programming project, maybe take a small deposit and show the client how it works but dont actually give it to him until they pay, thats the right way to do it in my opinion.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

well yes and well no

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalWebDan
    I thought you resolved the problem you were having?
    I think so (hope so) but Chad w / Firmbit.com will not post a reply (or hasn't yet) to say he / they will in fact refund the money and I have also not been paid yet . Chad W has told me he will but ... no money and no posting...

Given the crap of the past 4 months, I want to keep this pressure on until I have my money back 100%...

Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    I dont see why this industry is not run like most other industries. For example you dont pay your car mechanic until work is done, you have some guy working on your house, normally you dont pay until its done. When I go to the hospital for something minor (broken bone etc) they dont ask for any billing/insurance information until i check out.

I rarely if ever take payment until work is done. A thing like a programming project, maybe take a small deposit and show the client how it works but dont actually give it to him until they pay, thats the right way to do it in my opinion.
    Trust me, I will never pay again before I have the work done 100%

I am hoping this works out with Firmbit.com / Chad W and I think it will but it has cost me so much trouble... my business is almost gone. I had to rebuild my site and promote it so much this will end up costing me 5 times the total project cost...

4 months of waiting and total ******** can never be recovered... Firmbit.com / Chad W is a brand worth many thousands of dollars. They host so many sites and provide server management services to hundreds of sites they don't need this ********. They have a business to run and so do I... should only be a couple of more days (I think)

In development, seo and such contracts, never do make 100% payment up front, unless you have done business earlier with the receiving party.

It should always go in the form of percentage retainer up front - rest upon completion, or depending on the nature of the project - ie if project has clearly definable incremental steps etc - retainer, 1rst installment, 2nd installment, 3rd installment ..... final installment and such.

I agree with above. Id never pay anyone infact untill i saw a working demo of it after in which id do a full transaction after. Id continue this case anyway as it is a large sum of money to loose.

Although i cannot see any substantial information on there site they do have email address and addys for msn

"admin@firmbit.com"

as he is not posting here make new msn account or yahoo etc and contact them wait for reply and walla you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinai-Hosting
    I agree with above. Id never pay anyone infact untill i saw a working demo of it after in which id do a full transaction after. Id continue this case anyway as it is a large sum of money to loose.

Although i cannot see any substantial information on there site they do have email address and addys for msn

"admin@firmbit.com"

as he is not posting here make new msn account or yahoo etc and contact them wait for reply and walla you have them.
    Oh I can email him... but it appears he has no interest in refunding my money... he admits I got ripped off... tells me he will refund all of my money but it hasn't happened yet...

Need any help I can get to find these people... Someone must know who thier are and where they are located... Help Find Firmbit!!! I would like to go knock on the door and speak with Chad... (I will find him)

Quote Originally Posted by unity100
    In development, seo and such contracts, never do make 100% payment up front, unless you have done business earlier with the receiving party.

It should always go in the form of percentage retainer up front - rest upon completion, or depending on the nature of the project - ie if project has clearly definable incremental steps etc - retainer, 1rst installment, 2nd installment, 3rd installment ..... final installment and such.
    You missed... Have thier contact information name, address, phone number...

FirmBit does not provide any contact information... guess they really don't want people to contact them...

If you know the address, phone number or the full names of the people who operate Firmbit please post them here... Help find FirmBit

Quote Originally Posted by mmatthew
    FirmBit does not provide any contact information... guess they really don't want people to contact them...
    They have a contact page is what I am guessing you used, but your contract that you signed with them - you did not get their phone number, mailing address etc?

25. lol.... if it sounds too good to be true....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast