Alternative To Miva Merchant

Can anyone recommend a shopping cart system. We like Miva Merchant but the costs are rather high. I have heard some good things about That's An Order LE but can't find the publisher's site. TIA

Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

thanks

thank you blacknight, btw do you know if that price is a 1-time thing or is the license per server

No idea, sorry. I just did a quick search on Google to find the link for you
    Blacknight
    ICANN accredited domain registrar

well, thanks,

I have no clue what you're looking for, but I try to stick with free stuff. We offer Miva at CTN and it's miserable, and miserably slow. When people get frustrated with it, I recommend phpShop (http://www.phpshop.org/), although I'm not sure if it'll do what you want it to. It's something to toy with possibly.
    - joey

OScommerce is free and it is easy to use.
    Easy to install and not bad looking.

thanks

thank you both

I personally recommend a shopcart that is written in a well known/open source language.

We discontinued offering Miva merchant to our customers 2 years ago, though it is still popular. Miva script engine (formerly htmlscript and now miva empresa) is something like php, however it is very limited in performance and it has many more bugs/security issues. Thats why miva corp. is time to time sending "warning: please upgrade" messages to miva users.

There was minivend (now redhat purchased it, interchange) which is quite good, open source and quite capable.

If you invested in it, you may not need to shift to another one but this may guide people who are searching for a platform for ecommerce.
    Unilay.com Web Hosting
    Want more! You won't regret.
    www.unilay.com

RedHat Interchange. This is the best shopping cart out there.

Interchange is ok for the most. It is also very easy to adapt it to non-us customers, which is very difficult for miva merchant.
    Unilay.com Web Hosting
    Want more! You won't regret.
    www.unilay.com

interchange is an amazing program which gets better and better.. the only problem is it's not exactly user friendly for the non-developer/non-web-savy user. they've made it a lot better but mom and pop users still arent interchange-ready.