Post MyVPSHost.com - Xen/20GB/384MB RAM/CentOS 4.4/DirectAdmin/Installatron - $1/1st month

For limited time we are offering our myVPS plan at $1 for the first month to try our services out. To maintain stability, and ease management, we only offer one package at this time, this is non-negotiable.

Full root access is provided, which you can customize your server however you wish. Unlike Virtuozzo, we use Xen which means the limits are hard limits, which cannot be oversold, the resources allocated are truly dedicated to you. Your myVPS will only be limited by RAM, and disk space, and equal share CPU time.

================================
    MyVPS - (8 Available)

Web space: 20 GB
    Data transfer: 200 GB
    Guaranteed RAM: 384 MB

Monthly: $40.00 (1st month $1 coupon code: myVPS)
    Setup fee: $10.00

Resources

Disk space: 20 GB
    Data transfer: 200 GB
    Guaranteed RAM: 384 MB
    Swap: 500 MB
    Secured /tmp: 1 GB
    IPs included: 2
    Max CPU: 3.4 Ghz / AMD64 X2 3800+
    99.5% Service Uptime: Yes
    Internap & Level3 Bandwidth: Yes

Features

Complete root access: Yes
    Host Unlimited Domains: Yes
    Resell Hosting: Yes
    Full console access: Yes
    DirectAdmin Control Panel: Yes
    Installatron: Yes

Basic Tech Specs - (09/01/2006)

CentOS 4.4
    PHP 4.4.4/w Ioncube v3.1.22 & Zend Optimizer v3.0.1
    DirectAdmin v.1.28 w/ Installatron 3.3.8
    mySQL 4.1.21-0
    Exim 4.63
    ..upgrades/new software packages can be requested upon signup

Support

Full Service Management: Yes
    Proactive Service Monitoring: Yes
    24/7 Helpdesk ticket support: Yes
    24/7 Email support: Yes
    24/7 Toll-free phone support: Yes
    English/Spanish support: Yes

Addons

Block of 5 IPs: $10/one-time

Main URL: http://www.myvpshost.com/
    Order URL: https://secure.myvpshost.com/order/o...ype3_package=2
    Support: http://support.myvpshost.com/
    Forums: http://talk.myvpshost.com/

Sales FAQ

AUP / TOS / SLA
    Susy Reyes
    http://www.myvpshost.com - Your #1 VPS Solution

just ordered my, wouldn't mind to try this company out for a month and see how things go, if everything is fine, will migrate my clients over

I am with them for over a year and
    not one word of a complaint.
    They do what they say.
    The connectivity, RAM, max. 9 vpses per node,
    one of the best benchmarks for a vps and majority of low-mid dedi
    out there which is 191 highest 110 lowest,
    as well as an outstanding support keeps me there.

Had many vpses before so I am not new to it.
    bob
    Last edited by bwrob; 11-22-2006 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwrob
    I am with them for over a year and
    not one word of a complaint.
    They do what they say.
    The connectivity, RAM, max. 9 vpses per node,
    one of the best benchmarks for a vps and majority of low-mid dedi
    out there which is 191 highest 110 lowest,
    as well as an outstanding support keeps me there.

Had many vpses before so I am not new to it.
    bob

+ 1.... Now all Susy needs now is some sort of back-up feature to backup our whole VPS.
    DirectAdmin & Cpanel Hosting
    DirectAdmin: 1Khosted.COM Cpanel: 50gigs.NET

Is this deal still valid?

Just a few questions:

Totally managed right? I am by no means a Server expert so I will need some help keeping it going.

How much is it to increase RAM, CPU or BANDWIDTH, if ever needed?

Are two IPs enough to setup private nameservers?

How is the server response time? The place I have my VPS now, it ranges from 200 m/s to 20,000 m/s and I need something more consistant and fast.

I think thats it for now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MyNet-Tony
    Is this deal still valid?

Just a few questions:

Totally managed right? I am by no means a Server expert so I will need some help keeping it going.

How much is it to increase RAM, CPU or BANDWIDTH, if ever needed?

Are two IPs enough to setup private nameservers?

How is the server response time? The place I have my VPS now, it ranges from 200 m/s to 20,000 m/s and I need something more consistant and fast.

I think thats it for now.

Thanks
    Yes the offer is still valid, and our VPSes are completely managed.

On RAM/Bandwidth upgrades, it just depends on how much you require, as such it would be best we provide you with a custom quote for such, which you can e-mail [email protected] as soon as you require more.

With the two IPs provided, they are enough to setup private nameservers. If you do wish to test network performance, you can run a traceroute to 206.123.64.250 if you wish.

If you do have any further questions in regards to this, please do let me know.

Thanks.
    Susy Reyes

I just run about ten wordpress installations. Eventually I might add more, and eventually I might add wikis and Vbulletin forums. But for right now, those specs are great, I am just worring about upgrading in the future if needed.

So being managed, there is no problem with you installing things I need like the AwStats plugin for DA or installing and setting up SpamAssassin.

And again, being managed, its not problem that I don't know much, I intend on reading up on Apache and using Linux as a server, but right now, I'm not that knowledgable. With my current provider, sometimes they leave me hanging thinking I should just login in a do it.

Another problem with my current VPS provider, is the FTP constantly gets clogged and slows or all out stops. Basically they left it on me, saying it worked for them. Now I don't know how to check an FTP server, so I was stuck. It made it very hard to get anything uploaded.

Finally my current VPS's response time varies so much from under 1 sec all the way up to 20 seconds. Through the forums I found two people who host with you and added them to my site monitor and they have had zero downtime and the response time has been no high than 200 m/s. Would a Wordpress installation slow the response time down at all?

If I setup resellers, is it better to assign IPs and setup the Nameservers that way or just do it virtually?

Now finally let me sum up my needs . . . I just want a VPS that with managed support that will allow me to run my business. I dont want to worry about anything beyond DirectAdmin and the Xen panel.

Sorry if I am being long winded, but after being unhappy with one VPS provider and my current hosting coming up for renewal, I need a reliable service soon.

Thanks

I just run about ten wordpress installations. Eventually I might add more, and eventually I might add wikis and Vbulletin forums. But for right now, those specs are great, I am just worring about upgrading in the future if needed.

So being managed, there is no problem with you installing things I need like the AwStats plugin for DA or installing and setting up SpamAssassin.
    No problem at all, usually our default setup has most of what customers typically ask already installed.

And again, being managed, its not problem that I don't know much, I intend on reading up on Apache and using Linux as a server, but right now, I'm not that knowledgable. With my current provider, sometimes they leave me hanging thinking I should just login in a do it.

Another problem with my current VPS provider, is the FTP constantly gets clogged and slows or all out stops. Basically they left it on me, saying it worked for them. Now I don't know how to check an FTP server, so I was stuck. It made it very hard to get anything uploaded.
    We will work with you on whatever problem you may have here until you are satisfied with whatever issue that may arise.

Finally my current VPS's response time varies so much from under 1 sec all the way up to 20 seconds. Through the forums I found two people who host with you and added them to my site monitor and they have had zero downtime and the response time has been no high than 200 m/s. Would a Wordpress installation slow the response time down at all?
    Not at all, but this all depends on how many visitors you get, how the website is coded, and how dynamic it is. So many variables that makes it hard to say if it will have any effect on it at all.

If I setup resellers, is it better to assign IPs and setup the Nameservers that way or just do it virtually?
    Not sure what you mean by doing it virtually, but you can assign any IPs within your VPS to your reseller as their private nameserver IPs, and DirectAdmin can take care of the rest. Just what is important is that they register their nameservers, or you can setup some shared nameservers they can use.

Now finally let me sum up my needs . . . I just want a VPS that with managed support that will allow me to run my business. I dont want to worry about anything beyond DirectAdmin and the Xen panel.

Sorry if I am being long winded, but after being unhappy with one VPS provider and my current hosting coming up for renewal, I need a reliable service soon.

Thanks
    We care about our customers, and their growth, if it does come to a point where a VPS is too small for you, we can move you to our dedicated custom solutions afterwards.

Though if you do have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks.
    Susy Reyes

Those answers all sound great, I just want my sites to be consistantly fast and responsive. I haven't found that yet.

As far as the IPs Direct Admin has the options to assign them Virtually to a reseller. I was just curious if their is a difference between assigning it that way or by actually assigning the reseller an IP or two.

Now as far as the Admin account goes, is it better to have one IP for the server to be shared and then two other IP's for the nameservers (after buying a 5 pack of IPs to go with the two that are included with the plan).

What webmail clients do you install on the VPS?

Is the "enhanced" skin standard on DA installations.

Thanks for answering all my questions and being patient with me. This is becoming a huge decision for me and I already feel like I made one wrong choice, now I need to find the best home for my sites.

Thanks

Those answers all sound great, I just want my sites to be consistantly fast and responsive. I haven't found that yet.

As far as the IPs Direct Admin has the options to assign them Virtually to a reseller. I was just curious if their is a difference between assigning it that way or by actually assigning the reseller an IP or two.
    Well an IP should only be assigned if they are going to need a SSL certificate or require annoymous FTP.

If they will just use it for nameservers, it can be any 2 IPs of your VPS/node, all they need to do is properly register it with the domain name registrar.

Now as far as the Admin account goes, is it better to have one IP for the server to be shared and then two other IP's for the nameservers (after buying a 5 pack of IPs to go with the two that are included with the plan).
    It doesn't matter, you can still use the primary IP as one of your nameserver IPs if you wish.

What webmail clients do you install on the VPS?
    By default we have Squirrelmail / Uebimiau installed. But we can install RoundCube or Horde if you wish.

Is the "enhanced" skin standard on DA installations.

Thanks for answering all my questions and being patient with me. This is becoming a huge decision for me and I already feel like I made one wrong choice, now I need to find the best home for my sites.

Thanks
    Yes it is, personally I like the power_user skin.

Thanks!
    Susy Reyes

I just submitted my order

How long does it normally take to get the VPS setup?

I booked one vps with them yesterday,Still waiting for response.

The response is a little slow but dont worry, the service is top notch! Believe me! When you NEED her, she is always there!!!
    DirectAdmin & Cpanel Hosting
    DirectAdmin: 1Khosted.COM Cpanel: 50gigs.NET

Quote Originally Posted by celticfan
    I booked one vps with them yesterday,Still waiting for response.
    My apologies for the delay on the order.

I believe all of yesterday's orders have been processed, and should all be online.

If you do require anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
    Susy Reyes