* SLHost.com VPS * 50% OFF * DOUBLE Disk Space * FULLY MANAGED

Select Solutions (http://www.slhost.com) is offering a limited time only 50% OFF when paying semi-annually (6 months). There is also the option for a 20% off discount for the life of the account when paying monthly. The same special also offers DOUBLE the disk space on each package. There is no coupon needed for this special. The prices are already discounted on the order form. When the special prices are removed, the special is over so don't wait!

Features included with every VPS package:
    • 24/7 Managed Services (See Below)
    • FREE Setup
    • FREE Cpanel-WHM / Plesk / DirectAdmin
    • FREE Fantastico De Luxe (Cpanel only)
    • FREE Installatron (DirectAdmin or Cpanel Only)
    • FREE PowerPak (Plesk Only)
    • FREE Virtuozzo Power Panel
    • Daily Backups
    • Full Root Access
    • Dual Core Xeon Woodcrest Processors (4 core total)
    • CentOS 4 Environment (Other operating systems available upon request)
    • Assistance with transferring sites

Add-Ons available for each package (prices shown are monthly):
    • RVskins: $2
    • ClientExec: $5
    • Block of 4 IPs: $4
    • Block of 10 GB disk space: $5
    • Prepurchased 10 GB bandwidth: $5
    • Prepurchased 100 GB bandwidth: $25
    • 10 GB Remote Backup Space (See Below): $5

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Level 1-VPS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $35.96 monthly
    $134.82 semi-annually
    20 GB Storage
    150 GB Premium Data Transfer
    256 Guaranteed RAM (1 GB Burstable)
    3 IPs
    ORDER at https://secure.slhost.com/order/orderwiz.php?v=5 (no coupon required)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Level 2-VPS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $51.96 monthly
    $194.82 semi-annually
    40 GB Storage
    300 GB Premium Data Transfer
    384 Guaranteed RAM (1.5 GB Burstable)
    4 IPs

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Level 3-VPS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    $67.96 monthly
    $254.82 semi-annually
    60 GB Storage
    450 GB Premium Data Transfer
    512 Guaranteed RAM (2 GB Burstable)
    5 IPs

VPS Software:

All of our VPS solutions run on the powerful Virtuozzo version 3 software technology. Each VPS instance is isolated from other users on the server providing a completely secure environment to host your web site. You will have full root access allowing for any software configurations desired while not affecting any other users on the server. Why wait on your hosting company to offer PHP5 or the MySQL version you've been patiently waiting for? Signup for a VPS solution now to configure the server software just the way you need it! Because your VPS account is fully managed, why not contact us to help with your software configurations!?

Hardware Details:
    • Dual Core Xeon Woodcrest Processors (4 Cores Total)
    • 8 GB Registered ECC RAM
    • RAID 10 drive configuration for optimal redundancy and performance

Managed Services:

We are staffed with knowledgeable level 3 technicians available for all your needs. Let us manage software installs and upgrades to free up your valuable time. We're available 24/7 to assist you with any server software installations (Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, etc.) or help troubleshoot server issues that are problematic server-wide.

Remote Backup Space:

We perform daily backups of your VPS, but if you'd like to purchase your own remote backup space, you can do so at $5 for 10 GB. You will have 24/7 access to this remote backup space via FTP, SFTP, Rsync, and SCP. Easily setup Cpanel to write to this backup space each night!

TOS and AUP

Our TOS/AUP can be viewed at http://www.slhost.com/legal.html .

Please contact us at sales [at] slhost.com with any questions about our services!

Ping IP: 65.99.222.17
    Speed Test: http://65.99.222.17/test.bin
    Reference URL: http://www.slhost.com/vps_solutions.html

is this only for new costomers ??

Quote Originally Posted by akalyptos
    is this only for new costomers ??
    Current clients are also able to take advantage of this offering. Simply contact sales and we'll take care of you.

SLHost is great. Excellent prices, and fast support. You couldn't ask for anything more from a host.

Am I missing something here?

$35.96 monthly
    $134.82 semi-annually ???

$35.96 x 6 = $215.76

50% off $215.76 = $107.88
    How do you arrive at $134.82 ???

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx
    Am I missing something here?

$35.96 monthly
    $134.82 semi-annually ???

$35.96 x 6 = $215.76

50% off $215.76 = $107.88
    How do you arrive at $134.82 ???
    The prices listed are already discounted. If you read the first paragraph in the offer again, you'll see that we are offering 50% off our normal monthly price if paid semi-annually, and 20% off if paid monthly.

The $35.96 for the Level 1 package is 20% off our normal price ($44.95) and the $134.82 paid semi-annually is 50% of our normal price ($269.70).

It appears the confusion is that our normal prices are not listed on this offering and can only be found on our site at http://slhost.com/vps_solutions.html so I apologize for that.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Do the discounted prices continue after the 6 months is up or do they revert to your normal price?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    Do the discounted prices continue after the 6 months is up or do they revert to your normal price?
    The discounts are good for as long as you are a client. You'll get the same discounted rate for any renewals. You also get the discounted rate for any upgrades on your base hosting package for the life of your account.

Your website says that your SAS has RAID 10 drive configuration for optimal redundancy and performance

However, here you have said, that the Server on which the VPS is hosted has it?

What is it actually?

Suppose, I sign up with you say in a week for a month and then I like your service and so pay you for 6 months after that initial month, will the above discount still be applicable or the regular price will apply?

What's the Burstable RAM on your VPS? Nothing mentioned on your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey this way!
    Your website says that your SAS has RAID 10 drive configuration for optimal redundancy and performance

However, here you have said, that the Server on which the VPS is hosted has it?

What is it actually?

Suppose, I sign up with you say in a week for a month and then I like your service and so pay you for 6 months after that initial month, will the above discount still be applicable or the regular price will apply?
    Hello,

I'm not sure what you're asking regarding the SAS drives. SAS is a drive type used so if you could clarify your question, I'll be happy to answer. Sorry for any confusion.

If you'd like to prepay for services at any time, the discount applied will be the discount available at the time you change your billing cycle. If the 50% off discount is still available, then we can move you to that rate. I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know.

What's the Burstable RAM on your VPS? Nothing mentioned on your website.
    The burstable RAM is listed in the offering above and I've listed it below as well for you:

Level 1 VPS: 1 GB
    Level 2 VPS: 1.5 GB
    Level 3 VPS: 2 GB

Quote Originally Posted by slhost
    Hello,

I'm not sure what you're asking regarding the SAS drives. SAS is a drive type used so if you could clarify your question, I'll be happy to answer. Sorry for any confusion.

If you'd like to prepay for services at any time, the discount applied will be the discount available at the time you change your billing cycle. If the 50% off discount is still available, then we can move you to that rate. I hope that makes sense. If not, let me know.
    LOL. I surely goofed up about the SAS thingy.

I understood SAS as SAN and thought your Backup Servers had RAID 10. So, I was asking what your Servers (which actually) host the VPS' have?

Thanks for clearing up.

The burstable RAM is listed in the offering above and I've listed it below as well for you:

Level 1 VPS: 1 GB
    Level 2 VPS: 1.5 GB
    Level 3 VPS: 2 GB
    Thanks for clarifying that as well.

I wish you updated your website to include these things.

Yeah, I have been with SLHost with my partner for about 1-2months now and I must say they are really good, Josh PM me please

When have you been established?

I mean since when are you in this VPS business or Hosting business?

When have you been established?

I mean since when are you in this VPS business or Hosting business?
    We've been in business approximately 2 years and we've been doing VPS for a little over a year now.

If I choose one plan (say level-1 VPS), can I later upgrade to a different plan, and still keep the discount?

Quote Originally Posted by danutz
    If I choose one plan (say level-1 VPS), can I later upgrade to a different plan, and still keep the discount?
    Yes, you will keep the same discount with any upgrade in your base hosting package to a Level 2 VPS or Level 3 VPS.

Yes, you will keep the same discount with any upgrade in your base hosting package to a Level 2 VPS or Level 3 VPS.
    Does this mean that, if I purchase Level-1 VPS for the monthly discounted price of $35.96 and say after 2 months I want to upgrade to Level-2 VPS, will I get Level-2 for the monthly discounted price of $51.96 even if this special is not running at that time?

Also, when I upgrade that time, will I get the Double Disk space which you are giving now free under this Special?

Also, if I go for Plesk, what will be your charges to transfer my 10 cPanel User accounts to plesk on the VPS? (most are only Blogs)

Also, which version of Plesk are you offering ATM?

Does this mean that, if I purchase Level-1 VPS for the monthly discounted price of $35.96 and say after 2 months I want to upgrade to Level-2 VPS, will I get Level-2 for the monthly discounted price of $51.96 even if this special is not running at that time?

Also, when I upgrade that time, will I get the Double Disk space which you are giving now free under this Special?
    That's exactly right...since you signed up on the 20% off monthly package with double disk space, if you upgrade to Level 2 at any time down the road, you will be upgraded with the 20% off discount and double disk space so the Level 2 VPS for you would be $51.96 and you'd get 40 GB disk space.

Also, if I go for Plesk, what will be your charges to transfer my 10 cPanel User accounts to plesk on the VPS? (most are only Blogs)

Also, which version of Plesk are you offering ATM?
    We do charge for the time it takes in transferring accounts from different control panels. I can't really provide an accurate estimate on how much time we'll spend on the transfer so I can't really provide an accurate cost estimate. If there are multiple subdomains, email accounts, databases, etc., it will vary. We do not charge for Cpanel to Cpanel or Plesk to Plesk transfers.

We offer Plesk 8 with our Plesk VPS packages.

Hey Josh,

Most are small times accounts which static websites which even I can move.

But, 2 of them are Blogs (1 is wordpress and the other is movable type) and the 3 account has a GuestBook.

So, I guess you'll have to move those 3 accounts for me.

Also, which CP do you suggest cPanel or Plesk?

Do you offer this with Plesk:

1. Plesk SpamAssassin
    2. Plesk Application Vault

Hey Josh,

Most are small times accounts which static websites which even I can move.

But, 2 of them are Blogs (1 is wordpress and the other is movable type) and the 3 account has a GuestBook.

So, I guess you'll have to move those 3 accounts for me.

Also, which CP do you suggest cPanel or Plesk?

Do you offer this with Plesk:

1. Plesk SpamAssassin
    2. Plesk Application Vault
    I wouldn't really suggest any control panel over the other for a client. It mostly comes down to personal preference. If you're currently using cPanel, I would recommend sticking with it. We've had many clients try to switch to a different control panel because others say it's faster or this or that, but then they end up switching back to what they used before simply because they are familiar with it. It's completely up to you though.

The PowerPak is included with Plesk so you get the Vault Applications and SpamAssassin.

I wouldn't really suggest any control panel over the other for a client. It mostly comes down to personal preference. If you're currently using cPanel, I would recommend sticking with it. We've had many clients try to switch to a different control panel because others say it's faster or this or that, but then they end up switching back to what they used before simply because they are familiar with it. It's completely up to you though.

The PowerPak is included with Plesk so you get the Vault Applications and SpamAssassin.
    Hmm...

That's a fair answer. I work with both cPanel and HSphere ATM. I don't think it'll be a problem for me to use Plesk as well. What's your view regarding the resources used by Plesk compared to cPanel. I hear it has a smaller footprint and much more efficient.

Also, if I ever have a query about Plesk, you'll be there to answer the query right?

It's good that PowerPak is included.

You sorta skipped over the accounts transfer charges. I understand that. Do you want me to send that question to your Sales team?

You may PM me if you don't want to post them in public.

Couldn't wait for your answer.

So, signed up with you just now.

When should I expect everything to be setup?

Well, having carefully monitoring issues concerning VPS hosting on this forum, I think I too can now follow in the way of Mikey.

I have been confused for many months on which best VPS host I should choose. I wanted to go for godaddy,but what I read about their hosting services dashed my hope.

Having followed some of the discussions here, it seems SLHOST will not really disappoint me. Please Josh, you may PM me on any other things you want me to know. I am signning up with you on Monday, because today is saturday...

The only thing is you (slhost) don't have any address (postal or whatever) and no Telephone numbers.

I hope I won't be disappointed?

My Account is activated!

LOL that was fast

Quote Originally Posted by stech
    Well, having carefully monitoring issues concerning VPS hosting on this forum, I think I too can now follow in the way of Mikey.

I have been confused for many months on which best VPS host I should choose. I wanted to go for godaddy,but what I read about their hosting services dashed my hope.

Having followed some of the discussions here, it seems SLHOST will not really disappoint me. Please Josh, you may PM me on any other things you want me to know. I am signning up with you on Monday, because today is saturday...

The only thing is you (slhost) don't have any address (postal or whatever) and no Telephone numbers.

Welcome on board stech.

But, I don't know what to do to start my domain working with the VPS

Submitted the ticket and waiting for the reply.

Would be gr8 if Josh would help out fast.

Can't wait to use the domain !!!

Welcome on board stech.

Yaeh!, I am waiting to read from him too. I am wishing you all the best and I hope they will surely be the best or at least one of the best VPS host around.

Quote Originally Posted by stech

Our address and phone number is in our WHOIS information. Right now, the phone is for voicemail only. We intend to have this manned during business hours for sales/billing issues only first quarter 2007.

Welcome on board stech.

If you are waiting on a ticket or ever waiting on a ticket too long in your opinion, shoot me a PM and I'll make sure you're taken care of. It shouldn't be an issue, but if it ever is, please let me know.

If you are waiting on a ticket or ever waiting on a ticket too long in your opinion, shoot me a PM and I'll make sure you're taken care of. It shouldn't be an issue, but if it ever is, please let me know.
    Thanks Josh!

So far, the experience is good. Tickets have been answered between 6 - 45 mins which is ok. Of course, all my tickets were of medium priority.

I'll surely PM you.

Since, its my first VPS and first time with plesk too, I'll have a lot of silly questions. Hope your support staff don't get tired of me.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Hi Josh, a question: I'd like to try VPS-1 (the only one I can afford right now) to see if it can handle my site. I need to use Tomcat, but with very light load for now... I know, 256M is on the short side, but my home linux box handles it with 192M.

So I'd like to first order a one-month VPS-1. Is it possible to then change to the 6-month billing cycle (and lock in the 50% discount)? Especially since I might be approaching the end of your offer (late December)?

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Josh, a question: I'd like to try VPS-1 (the only one I can afford right now) to see if it can handle my site. I need to use Tomcat, but with very light load for now... I know, 256M is on the short side, but my home linux box handles it with 192M.

So I'd like to first order a one-month VPS-1. Is it possible to then change to the 6-month billing cycle (and lock in the 50% discount)? Especially since I might be approaching the end of your offer (late December)?

Thanks,
    Dan
    You can switch to the semi-annual 50% off discount as long as the offer is still available when you want to change the billing cycle. Remember, there's also a 30 day money back guarantee, which includes semi-annual billing cycles so it's risk free to give it a shot.

Thanks. So rather than try to second-guess the end-date for the offer, you advise to start with 6 months, and ask for money back if it doesn't work out.

Note that the money-back clause isn't listed in the initial offer that started this thread...

-- Dan

Thanks. So rather than try to second-guess the end-date for the offer, you advise to start with 6 months, and ask for money back if it doesn't work out.

Note that the money-back clause isn't listed in the initial offer that started this thread...

-- Dan
    Hi Dan,

I see the mention of our 30 day money back guarantee was forgotten and is only listed on the reference page. Thanks for pointing that out so we can add it next time around.