Question Adding a cPanel Mail Filter

Can some one tell me what should I enter to block gif images with the cPanel mail filter ( cPanel > Mail > Email Filtering)?

or if it is impossible to do, it is there any hosts with better spam filters such as gmail's one? I'm currently fed up with the cPanel's spam SpamAssassin.

Any help would be appreciated.

It's only possible to discard or redirect the emails that contain .gif images, however, it isn't possible to remove the images from the email using the email filtering feature.

Login to cPanel and go to Mail -> Email Filtering -> Add Filter and enter the following:

Filter Body that contains .gif
    Destination Discard

Most email clients load only the text of an email untill you choose to download all elements. Microsoft Outlook has this feature.
    MaxterHostsimply different.
    cPanel Shared Hosting, WHM Reseller Accounts, Xen VPS Hosting & more
    10+ Years of Experience | Enhanced Security | 24x7 Support | 99.99% Uptime
    NEW:
    Pure SSD Hosting and CloudFlare Railgun™

Can't you change your email program settings to not show the images? It might be easier.

Chris
    Christopher J Smallwood
    Gay-Owned Web Hosting with 10% Donated to Youth!
    VertuHost Web Hosting Solutions

Login to cPanel and go to Mail -> Email Filtering -> Add Filter and enter the following:

Filter Body that contains .gif
    Destination Discard
    Thanks for your reply So you only need to add "Filter Body that contains .gif" in to filter box and that's it? I mean does this filter understand commands in plain English?

Also does any one know any email/web hosting companies with powerful spam filters? My budget would be around $20-50.

Quote Originally Posted by VertuHost
    Can't you change your email program settings to not show the images? It might be easier.

Chris
    My main concern is to filter out those annoying gif spam in mails that I receive, and I want to do it server wide NOT from my outlook as I have few hundred email addresses under one domain.

Quote Originally Posted by camnetwork
    Thanks for your reply So you only need to add "Filter Body that contains .gif" in to filter box and that's it? I mean does this filter understand commands in plain English?

Also does any one know any email/web hosting companies with powerful spam filters? My budget would be around $20-50.
    You're welcome!

You have to choose/enter the text written in bold. The 1st option (Filter) should be "Body", for the 2nd option (that contains) you should enter ".gif", and for the 3rd option (Destination) you should enter "Discard".

I hope you understand now what I mean. I've also attached a screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails email_filtering.jpg  
    NEW:

Quote Originally Posted by MaxterHost
    You're welcome!

You have to choose/enter the text written in bold. The 1st option (Filter) should be "Body", for the 2nd option (that contains) you should enter ".gif", and for the 3rd option (Destination) you should enter "Discard".

I hope you understand now what I mean. I've also attached a screenshot.
    Thanks for the explanation I got the idea how it works now. Also I have added some other filters to block certain words but the it also blocks their variations as well, example: if I block host then it also blocks webhosting, hosting etc as well but I only want to block the exact word. How do I do that?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, you can't do that. You can select "equals" instead of "contains", but the email will have to contain only that word to get filtered.
    NEW:

Quote Originally Posted by MaxterHost
    Unfortunately, you can't do that. You can select "equals" instead of "contains", but the email will have to contain only that word to get filtered.
    Oki thanks (Great support), I guess the cPanel mail filter is far more basic when compared with the OutLook Mail Rules.