Namecheap.com hosting

I found the hosting plan below on namecheap.com website. Does 2 domains mean that I can use this hosting plan to host 2 different domain at the same time or it just mean that I can run one domain name and redirect (forward) the other domain name. Thanks.

Web Basic @ $3.95/mo

* 100 MB Storage
    * 4 GB Bandwidth
    * 2 Domains & 10 Sub Domain

Ive never used NC hosting, but im sure it means 2 ADDONS, means 2 different domains and 2 fifferent websites

Namecheap.com is offering the web hosting services provided by Peoplehost.com and their FAQs talks about Add-on Domains http://www.peoplehost.com/support/kb2.php?q_id=30 so it would appear that with one account you can host 2 websites.

Both websites however is managed under that one control panel but to your visitors, they probably cannot tell the difference.

The files will be kept in a sub-folder of your main site.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Hi there,

Ive used namecheap for roughly 28 domain registrations, 5 of which were hosted.

Namecheap... for myself personally... are crap.

Its not a throw away comment, i mean it.

Registering nameservers are a nightmare... why? because it hardly every gets to connect to its upstream Enom to update its records.

Changing DNS is a nightmare.... why? because its "scripts" are buggy and outdated.

Support? Submit a ticket and get your answer 3 days later asking "is xxxxx.com the one you are enquiring about?" ...... Didnt i put that in the ticket i submitted to you 3 days ago?

Hosting with them is shady, they regularly restart their servers, sometimes ive seen it happen up to 4 times a day.

I cant and wont name hosts for webhosting but i can assure you to stay away from domain registration company hosting.... its not worth the time, effort or money
    IT Support - Business Hosting & VOIP Solutions Scotland

Personally I love their domain registration and management tools.

I have never had experience with their hosting, so there's 2 ways to find out if they're good - do some research, or sign up with them and see for yourself.

Hope I helped.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

I apologise though, i am only talking about experience with .co.uk domains, of which namecheap dont have scripts to go through the process that "normal" clients do
    IT Support - Business Hosting & VOIP Solutions Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Swizi
    Personally I love their domain registration and management tools.

I have never had experience with their hosting, so there's 2 ways to find out if they're good - do some research, or sign up with them and see for yourself.

Hope I helped.

Ditto

I currently have over 100 domains with them -- never had any issues. Hosting wise they are fairly good -- we were with them for a few months however moved our sites to our own servers after this.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

Geez, I wasn't aware that namecheap offered hosting too
    Not surprised though since almost eveyone offers it nowdays!
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999