View Poll Results: What backup method do you use?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Control Panel Backup to 2nd backup drive

2 11.11%
  • Control Panel backup to off-site backup server

2 11.11%
  • Rsync to off-site backup server

10 55.56%
  • Custom written script to backup off-site/2nd drive

4 22.22%

Thread: Backups

Lightbulb Backups

How many of you use the WHM backup option to backup all data to a backup drive on the server? How many use the WHM backup option for off-site backups?
    How many use rsync backups? Custom backup scripts.

Please vote on the poll and make a nice post with your suggestions and feedbacks on backups.

Rsync. Works great, saves bandwidth. But soon we will also be doing control panel backups to a separate server in the same data center (over private network).
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I rsync to a remote server for all my servers. For the cPanel ones, I have WHM backup to a second disk or directory, then rsync that entire directory off to the backup server. It is not a very fun way to do things (as it takes up a lot more disk space), but it works for the moment. I wish cPanel could integrate rsync into their WHM Backup system.

Alex

We dump to local disks, rsync to local network storage, then package and move to offsite storage via custom scripts which manage the backup routines, ultimately the file transfers are done via rsync over ssh.