View Poll Results: Cllok.net - good experience or bad?????

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

26 57.78%
  • OK

4 8.89%
  • Bad experience

15 33.33%

Clook.net - good or bad

tell me your experiences using clook.net
      0 Not allowed!

I'd just like to point out here that poll's aren't the best method of gathering user opinions for any host.

Due to the anonymity of poll votes and this being a forum full of webhosts, there will be unexplained 'bad' votes - I've seen it happen here many times.

When researching anything it's always best to use the search feature and gather real user opinions from posts.

EDIT: Haha, 5 'bad experiences' already and not one comment to back this up - point proven I think
    Last edited by Jim_UK; 08-31-2003 at 12:22 PM.
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?
      0 Not allowed!

I certainly wouldn't pay any attention to any vote not accompanied by a post.

You're welcome to draw your own conclusion, but Jim_UK is absolutely correct. The results will likely be fudged.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

So far they've been great.

Pre-sales questions were answered quickly and friendly, account creation was fast, great server and datacenter, free eNom resellers account, over selling is enabled and so far smooth sailing.

I'm sure that months down the road I'll be just as happy, if not more with the service I have received from clook.net
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    I certainly wouldn't pay any attention to any vote not accompanied by a post.

You're welcome to draw your own conclusion, but Jim_UK is absolutely correct. The results will likely be fudged.
    I agree at 100%!!!

For Clook ...

As I already spoke - I think, that Clook will turn in one of Top
    hosting providers, if continues to work thus:
    1. Prompt replies to pre-selling questions;
    2. Fast activation of new accounts;
    3. Full assistance at moving old accounts in Clook
    (I write it, and at that moment Jim moving my old accounts
    on servers Clook! He from 2 days does it for me. A little who
    would be engaged in it 2 days!!!);
    4. Support truly 24/7. I know, that always someone will answer
    on my inquiries!
    5. Excellent UpTime on servers;
    6. Very useful Knowledge Base.

I can write still, but I think it enough!
    Besides - we still rather new clients Clook, but I sincerely hope,
    that I returns on this post after 1 year and I shall tell the same!

My Vote - Excellent!
      0 Not allowed!

So Far brill, every thing is running fast and smoothly. Plenty of comunication, and loads of honesty!
      0 Not allowed!

Great service, minimum downtime, speedy support... no complaints at all. I've tried a few webhosts but clook is the first that I can see myself staying with long term.
      0 Not allowed!

I have to agree with all the points above. Great hosting, reliable, and very fast support.

The Clook forums are a real asset too, lots of information and contributions from Clook and other Clook customers. There's a real community there.
      0 Not allowed!

The best I've ever used....by a very wide margin!
    I'll never go anywhere else now!
      0 Not allowed!

I have been building websites for quite a few years, which means that I have tried a lot of hosting companies. I decided because of the terrible service I had experienced, to host my clients websites myself.

After trying other reseller hosting companies with whom I had very bad experiences, lack of support, co-operation and considerable down times etc, I discovered Clook.

I found Clook via this forum after a lot of searching for a good reliable host. I have now been with them for some months and found them to be not only reliable, but they are honest, helpful, fast and have great uptime!

If a problem develops they not only tell you what is happening, unlike some hosting companies I could mention, but they resolve the issue in the fastest possible time.

They are friendly and helpful as are all the members on their forum, if you need answers to questions there is always someone who is able to help.

I plan to stay with Clook long term, they are just about the best hosting company I have ever found, and believe me I have tried a few

For my money Clook are the best. No question.

clearmoon
      0 Not allowed!

Definetly the best host I've used so far! Very reliable open service with fast polite support to back it up.
      0 Not allowed!

This is the most positive feed back i have seen about a compnay for quite a while.

who the heck put 10 votes as bad?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by quattro4x4
    This is the most positive feed back i have seen about a compnay for quite a while.

who the heck put 10 votes as bad?
    Idiotic 14 year old "CEO's" of other so called "companies" that hope my badmouthing a great company, that someone will go with their fly-by-night operation instead.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.
      0 Not allowed!

Broken thread?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Clook is a great company from what I've seen so far. I'm just sorry to see them discontinue the serverSTATS monitor script.

(Lucky me, I still have a copy)
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

The only bad thing that I ever heard about Clook was when they discontinued server.STATS, but like Kyle, I still have a copy too. Even on a free script, Jim was quick to answer my questions.

- Matt
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't say that Jim removing that script was a bad thing. If it weren't for all the lame people downloading his script and then taking credit for it (up to even trying to sell it to other people and acting like they wrote it) then he would still be offering it today.
    www.square-network.com www.squarenetwork.com
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.
      0 Not allowed!

Clook.net is brilliant.

They were very quick to answer pre-sales questions, and support tickets are also answered in no time at all!

I'm very happy with them.
      0 Not allowed!

I used to change host every 1 - 2 months! clooks been my last for the last year or so! Fast support.! Excellent tech support! you cant go wrong
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click
      0 Not allowed!

I agree that clook is the best Hosting Company I ever tried. I have one complain though. For security reasons they made some decisions in the past that affected the way my sites work. I mean they have turned off chat scripts and i have a community portal which uses such script. They have warned all clients and then removed access to those scripts. That reduced my site's visitors and i made a big efford to bring it up again in stats. I understood that this was done to protect everybody, but it annoyed me. I am with clook for nearly two years and the bigest unwarned downtime i had was for 10 minutes. The bigest warned downtime was for 2 and half hours but i knew it 1 month before and it happened because they changed building :-)

They are awesome! I am very pleased with their support, too. 24 hours reply and they really have people that knows how to help not just saying "Thank you for contacting us". They really help.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_UK
    EDIT: Haha, 5 'bad experiences' already and not one comment to back this up - point proven I think
    No disrespect meant here but, every hosting povider has it's fair share of 'unhappy' right or wrong (ex)customers and it'd be folly to think otherwise.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: DTS-Net
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!