Need a good server to host an IPB

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this... but well, let's go.

I have a BIG forum, using Invision Power Board (IPB), and I can't find a good webhost to host it.

I tried CIHOST (Yeah, I was crazy), tried Pkolserv (small company that my friend own), tried GoDaddy.com (another insane moment), and some others small companys.

Anyway, I need about about 200mb space and 100gb traffic (I said.. BIG forum).

The price.. well, you can sugest one..

Can somebody recommend me one?

(Sorry my poor English, I'm Brazilian).

With the amount of traffic that you are requiring, it sounds to me like you'd be better off on a reseller, or possibly a VPS, as it is a forum and it is big, like you said.

Take a peek-thru the Offers section, and be sure to look up any potential hosts you may think of going with to make sure your choice is a right one.
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

I'm actually new to hosting as well. I'm wondering why you recommended a Reseller account over a shared account. What performance advantages does this give? Do Reseller accounts generally provide more CPU time?

You wont get any benefit with a reseller account, for a forum that big, I suggest to search for a VPS or a dedicated server.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

We host a very busy Wiki, hrwiki.org, which has grown over the past two years from running on a small reseller plan to a dedicated server. When they were running on a reseller plan the site did well up to about 150GB of traffic at which point we made a recommendation to move to a dedicated system primarily because their traffic was still increasing 25% or more each month. I bring this up because I would recommend you look at your traffic trend before you decide. If it is relatively flat at 100GB a good reseller plan or VPS will serve you well but if your traffic is increasing steadily and is currenlty at 100GB you would probably be better off to look into a dedicated server now, preferably one that will allow you to scale-up the server by adding additional Hard Drives, RAM and CPU's later.

Best regards,
    Cory Goleman
    Goleman Networks, Inc.
    www.golemannetworks.com
    888-513-7257

Due to the growing amount of traffic, I would recommend either VPS or a dedicated server. If you believe you forum will continue to grow in size, you will probably end up upgrading from a reseller account to one of these anyway. You should start looking around the offers section and pick out three or four different hosts. Then look around or ask for some reviews of those hosting companies, and choose one you like.
    PWRHost.com - Empower your site today!
    Award Winning Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2005!

What is your budget?
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

Hi, thanks for all.

I signed a VPS in iFastHoting.com.
    15GB HD, 200GB Traffic
    256MB Ram
    $20 USD

Now we are running a CentOS with Apache 2, PHP 4.3 and Mysql 4.0.

I tried some other hosts before, like VeggieHost.. But I got an error when signing. So I sent an email to their support.. And until now (more than 5 days), I GOT NO ANSWERS! I'm happy that I coudn't sign with them..... If they don't anwser sales... what think about support?! =P

Anyway, my forum is not online yet.
    Tomorow we will buy a Perpetual invision Licence (180 dollars ¬¬..) and set up the forum again! \o/

Well, in some weeks I will back here to tell you about the iFastHosting and the forum... etc etc.

Thanks all again! =)