hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : Invoicing Software?

Forum Jump

Invoicing Software?

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2006, 04:44 PM

Invoicing Software?

I'm looking for some new invoicing software that's free or inexpensive, has the ability to have invoices styled to my liking, and hopefully able to write to PDF intrinsically. I don't need much, really - the ability to store clients, calculate bills hourly or via retainer, and the ability to generate invoices from the data fed are all I want. Windows XP or web-based, either is fine with me. I'm looking to do something that would not attach itself to my web hosting at all because I have clients who do not use me for web work but instead offline design.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Web Hosting Master

There are a couple of web2.0 apps that do this. Blinksale(www.blinksale.com) or Freshbooks(www.freshbooks.com) both have those features, and start off free(paid when you start doing lots of invoicing).

Have used both, and highly recommend either

Old 11-20-2006, 05:02 PM

Do you not have a webhosting control panel thing that does this or is it just to store client information payment etc?. Because you do get software like modernbill etc where you have invoices done for you.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2006, 06:42 PM

We have been using Quickbooks Online edition for over a year now and are very pleased with the product. I don't know what your budget is, I think we are paying $29.99/mo and we do all of our monthly statements and consulting/web-design invoicing through QB. We manaully replicate our ModernBill invoices so our clients have an accurate statement at the end of the month and for reporting purposes, but if you are not using another billing system and can run everything through QB it works well, has not went down and is moderately priced for the features.

Best regards,

888-513-7257

Old 12-05-2006, 12:02 PM

Thanks to everyone who has posted. I will check out blinksale and freshbooks, especially if they start out free. My volume is quite low, only six or so active word-of-mouth clients, but the services I give are widely varied and it always seemed to me that modernbill is skewed really heavily to invoicing mainly hosting. Since the volume is low, free is what I'm looking for, for sure.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
GoDaddy Partners with Square, Dwolla and Stripe on New Ecommerce Service Get Paid Web Hosting News 2014-06-30 15:55:10
Usage of Unlicensed Software Declines as Cloud Computing Grows: Report Web Hosting News 2014-06-25 15:40:06
The IPO Road: GoDaddy’s Years-in-the-Making Preparation for Wall Street Web Hosting News 2014-06-20 14:18:19
GoDaddy Acquires Invoicing Tool Ronin Web Hosting News 2013-10-02 12:22:52
Software AG Acquires Cloud PaaS Vendor LongJump Web Hosting News 2013-04-26 12:05:25