While i was out php script

It seems that every time i go out for lunch and i come back i have a dozen written memos of people wanting me to call them back. I was thinking wouldnt it be easier, cleaner and more environmental friendly to have it all web based so the girls in the office can just login and post the call back memo on a page which i can after come back and view.

Now Ive been looking for a tiny script that would do this but i cant think of any off my head. I thought to myself, the people over at WHT would probably know best.

Can anyone suggest me a script that can do this ?

How about using a ticking system hosting companies use for support. it could work.

Good idea.... Let me know if you find one. if not, I will write one up.... What features would you find intresting or needed?
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

yeah i guess i could use a ticket system but i figured there would be something out there already for this scenerio

All i pretty much need is a page i can login and then have a drop down field to how the message is for and then have the following

OF/Company:
    date
    phone number
    cell phone number
    fax
    email
    area to type in message of what the call is about
    and then posted by the person who took the call.

If anyone is interested in making something like this it would save me so much time. If not ill probably write one up when i get some free time this weekend.

Why not just have them email you? Don't overcomplicate a simple problem.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

And if you think that they will forget important fields in an email just create a form with the fields you need. They can fill out the form and have it send you an email, that way no details are missed.

As one who worked in an office situation before, making people jump through extra hoops (like going to a separate webpage to submit a memo) is annoying. Secretaries and office personnel have enough different softwares, procedures, policies, etc. to keep track of without adding one more thing into the mix.

I'm sure if they are competent enough to figure out how to write a note on a Post-It and stick it to his desk...they'll be able to handle sending an email with the pertinent details.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Not sure if this satisfy what you need but for me, I wouldn't go too far to write up a script to have a simple task done. Check this out and see if you are able to squeeze your requirements using this tool: http://www.tadalist.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina

I'm sure if they are competent enough to figure out how to write a note on a Post-It and stick it to his desk...they'll be able to handle sending an email with the pertinent details.

--Tina
    I agree Tina that this shouldn't be needed but then again I know some of the receptionists I have worked with ..... and it is needed for some of them.