Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help Leaving Varhosting.net

I've had it with varhosting, my patience is at an end. After 5 days of continuous appalling service. I've been without emails for the past 2 days, my clients are phoning me up extremely angry and I've got nothing to say to them as varhosting support are useless.

This is a request to ex-customers of varhosting:
    - how did you leave varhosting and who did you move to?
    - What was migration process like and how long did it take?

If anyone can suggest a reliable resller host preferably UK based, my requirements are as follows
    - I have around 20 accounts that need migrating
    - I need cpanel and whm
    - with around 2gb space and 20gb data transfer
    - with similar features offered on varhostings TH1 package
    - Budget of around £10 - 20 per month
    - & most importantly must be reliable with good reviews

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit from this info.

If you like to have a company with end user support. Then there is not to many to use. Resellerzone with there UK or there US faliover one for 25usd/month

Else in UK you have www.a2b2.com that have there pay per year special http://www.a2b2.com/One-Plan-UK-Reseller-t753.html or there monthly http://www.a2b2.com/2GB-Storage-50-G...1-mo-t687.html

For movment. Both this 2 companies will help you to migrate your accounts as long as you have you old host up or if you have a cpanel backup file of the accounts.

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by web2
    - What was migration process like and how long did it take?
    If the new host offer free sites transfer, the migrations is fast and easy
    The only thing you need to do is update nameserver ips if you are using private nameserver.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by hfohrman
    Resellerzone with there UK or there US faliover one for 25usd/month

Hans

I am sure you meant resellerzoom.com?

Anyways, there are quite a few good hosting options in UK datacenters. However, the problem is that you won't find any decent provider in the same range as varhosting. So, if you are prepared to pay normal fees for a normal hosting package, you might wanna check:

- kualo.co.uk
    - clook.co.uk
    - a2b2.com
    - unitedhosting.co.uk

No personal experience with any of these guys, but they do seem to have some really good reviews on WHT.

try looking on

http://uk.webhostdir.com - reseller section
    http://www.forums2.co.uk - uk hosting forum
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Thanks for your replies guys, I've done been doing some research and a2b2 looks very promising - I'm thinking of going with them.

Rus is a very capable pro. You won't regret with a2b2. Keep us posted with your choice and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro
    try looking on

http://uk.webhostdir.com - reseller section
    http://www.forums2.co.uk - uk hosting forum
    Just a quick note, its www.forum2.co.uk

Research the companies you are interested in then have a look at the offers section. You may get a good deal!

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear of your terrible experience with varHosting. It seems as if they have been getting alot of complaints lately, and this is very sad. Hopefully you will find a provider that you can learn to trust, because trust itself is not built over-night. Your budget looks good so far, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a decent provider, however keep in mind the ole' saying, "You get what you pay for". So make sure your budget is adequate for your needs, as well as making sure you do plenty of exhausting research on any new host. Also make sure you do not sign any agreements in advance, as in paying up front for months of service. Also it would be a great idea to choose a host who has a 30 day money back warranty. Also do not forget to carefully read their TOS, AUP, SLA or other agreements before you sign on.

Good luck in your search!

Best Wishes,

-Shaun-

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdevil
    Research the companies you are interested in then have a look at the offers section. You may get a good deal!
    Good Advice! This would be a great time for all those hosting companies out there to offer a good deal for varhosting refugees who need to move right away!

I moved from VAR to ResellerZoom a long long long time ago (almost a year ago), and they moved all my accounts for me once the server came back up, because I was to leave on business to Arkansas 3 hours after order..

Kiet's a nice guy, not afraid to be personable with his clients.

Hi Web2,
    I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. I realize the migration has effected a lot of clients and it's only my goal to get everyone migrated over as quickly as possible. So far we're making good progress but it's never as fast you originally hope.

If you would like, I would be more then willing to comp you a free month of service for the downtime you've incurred. Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Rick

So Rick you will give every reseler you have One month for free

but what about client we lost Rick!!

Rick...
    My sites and email have been down now for 6 days!!! I have done everything you said but I don't see any progress with my sites. You and Andy keep telling me that they will be up right awa (within the hour, ASAP, etc) and yet nothing. Then I get stupid questions like "have you changed over your nameservers?" when I tell you guys that in EVERY email I send! I have sent emails to you and to Andy, to the chat spport (that is never there anymore), submitted tickets to the support center AND left you phone messages.

I don't know what else I can do anymore!

1 month free after this is practically an insult. You are costing me (and others) our businesses. I have lost clients, am heavily compensating others, losing reputation and face with all my clients, etc. This damage can only begin to be repaired when you get my sites back up!!!!!!!!

I haven't posted anywhere about this till now because I wanted to give you a fair chance to get this all together before adding to the VarHosting bashing but this has now gone too far. 6 days????!!!!! Even with the crap we dealt with with Roj, I was NEVER down this long!

PLEASE fix this problem ASAP! AND PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED AS TO WHAT's GOING ON!!! YOu can't tell me we'll be up in an hour and then not let me know anything for 15 hours after when nothing has changed!

Thank you.
    Neha

which Node you are on?

Hello Neha
    can i know which node you are on ?

thanks

Thank you Neha for ensuring me I'm not alone with practically the same experiences and feelings... my EURO reseller package (London) is migrated to the US (huh?) and up and running fine, the other part just seems to be lost. Other unsolved problems since Oct 28th... No response at all anymore to mail or support tickets...

I'm just a real small fish (Dutch designer), but gosh, if it affects ME this bad, I really feel pity for VAR clients who do (or did) a lot of reselling!

I always thought internet business was datacenters stacked with the newest high tech stuff that's mainly VERY FAST and AUTOMATED and FLEXIBLE and so... but apparently there's a whole lot more involved. Rick is having the exact same problems as his resellers on a different scale AND is apparently suffering hardware problems. I'm just thinking aloud here, letting steam off... Will he support his large customers first, than the local/national ones and just then the smaller and foreign ones... that places me where? duh...

Should not EVERY hosting provider have an emergency plan ready for ANY ad hoc migration? One that his customers would hardly notice? It would give ME a good feeling if MY provider had one! Globally standardized and so...
    I could design a logo if you think it's a good idea... Anybody want to take a look at some of my work? You can't, my website has 'disappeared'...

Good luck to all with similar trouble! I can only start to imagine the serious chaos you're in...

Marc

node 102

seems that FINALLY most of my sites are back up but there are a few that aren't and others that have errors.

I'm praying that the errors can be fixed and a photo gallery site with over 7000 pictures doesn't have to recreated.

I also am PRAYING that someone answers me soon about why the other sites aren't up yet. Those clients are getting ready to leave me (looks like they will no matter what at this point) and as a small reseller, these were very important clients.

No idea what to do. Emailed support, emailed chat support and emailed Andy and Rick (the 2 I was dealing with before). I hope someone gets back to me soon.

Neha

Hi folks:

I'd like to chime in on this thread although I know it's particularly late of me to do so. In particular, I wanted to express my utmost confidence in Rick and his team in VARhosting.net. I urge those of you who have been weathering this out to continue to have the patience as Rick has immense plans for VARhosting.net (much larger than I dreamed of) and he is pressing through to ensure that (even if means the downtime you are facing right now).

Bigger and better servers and a strong customer support team to help you with your questions - as they finish more of the maintenance routines regarding accounts, they will be spending more time on the helpdesk and chat to help you with your queries.

Thanks,
    Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Roj,
    I appreciate to vote of confidence on your part for Rick and his team. It's nice to know that someone else does. I honestly do think that he will pull out of this and make a good company out of this mess right now but for the moment, he's not doing thigns right.

I have sites down now for over 6 days, not acceptable, I have heard nothing from him or support for over 12 horus now and my sites were migrating last night and so shoudl have been done. Chat doesnt work, I can't search tickets because those don't work, I can't get to some of my sites because of errors and others because they are just not there.

I love that he is taking such large steps to impove the service but wouldn't it have been smarter to do this a little at a time? And would it have been THAT hard to let us know what the plan was before the sites all went down? I didn't even know he was the new owner until I saw a charge on my cc that I didn't recognise and looked into it.

I think the biggest problem here is the lack of communication. I think we are willing to put up with a lot of problems as long we know what the problem is, what is being done about it and as long we keep getting updates on it.

If there was a problem migrating node 102 since thursday, why weren't the others put on hold until that was resolved? It just seems that he is overextended right now and I wish that they could focus on getting the problems fixed right away. And that I wasn't told things that werent' true like they were going to migrate my sites on thursday but it didn't happen till last night and not even all are done yet.

OK....enough of my ranting.
    Thanks for chiming in here.

Rick, I'm sorry for what may seem like bashing on the forums. I don't usually do this but at this point I am thouroughly frustrated and as I am going out of the country tonite, am running out of time to deal wiht this.

Thanks,
    Neha

Neha:

Thanks for your reply and statement. The unique characteristic of reseller hosting that makes it different from shared hosting and also presents a challenge in trying to improve Quality-of-Service has to do with things like personal name servers (essentially custom DNS). Re-registering new IPs is necessary for domains to start resolving again and this can only be done by the domain owner (the reseller). In theory, it could be smoother but, at the same time, there are some customers who performed the switch sooner than others resulting in less downtime.

I wish it were easier and the procedure more speedy but such isn't the case - especially with things like DNS propagation, etc.

Again, Rick is doing nothing but working 100% to get these issues resolved as quick as possible - the wait is worth it.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

Quote Originally Posted by niyogi
    Hi folks:

I'd like to chime in on this thread although I know it's particularly late of me to do so. In particular, I wanted to express my utmost confidence in Rick and his team in VARhosting.net. I urge those of you who have been weathering this out to continue to have the patience as Rick has immense plans for VARhosting.net (much larger than I dreamed of) and he is pressing through to ensure that (even if means the downtime you are facing right now).

Bigger and better servers and a strong customer support team to help you with your questions - as they finish more of the maintenance routines regarding accounts, they will be spending more time on the helpdesk and chat to help you with your queries.

Thanks,
    Roj
    Maybe Rick's "immense plans" will lead to the demise of varhosting.net
    How does it feel to have sold your company to somebody who will run it into the ground? Plans and a vision for the future mean nothing when you don't have the knowledge, experience, manpower and finances to make that vision a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by niyogi
    Neha:

Thanks for your reply and statement. The unique characteristic of reseller hosting that makes it different from shared hosting and also presents a challenge in trying to improve Quality-of-Service has to do with things like personal name servers (essentially custom DNS). Re-registering new IPs is necessary for domains to start resolving again and this can only be done by the domain owner (the reseller). In theory, it could be smoother but, at the same time, there are some customers who performed the switch sooner than others resulting in less downtime.

I wish it were easier and the procedure more speedy but such isn't the case - especially with things like DNS propagation, etc.

Again, Rick is doing nothing but working 100% to get these issues resolved as quick as possible - the wait is worth it.

Roj
    Roj,
    The wait is worth it you say? For whom? For our customers who have left because of excessive downtime and no word from Rick about an estimated time frame for things to be fixed? How do you justify a week of downtime? How would you handle it if you were still in control of varhosting?

Everytime I read a thread like this I wonder "Will our clients be this forgiving?" I shudder to think what would happen if we had any type of significant downtime/outage. As a businessman, I know I would not tolerate such things, and hope our clients would hold us to the same standards.

Unhappy

Me too, i hired varhosting to test a dedicated server and it was horrible.. the server was down 2 days, and i had no response from support.

i hired it the 20 of september, and it was activated the 28 of september, and my CC was billed the 21 of september...

Its a disasterr! if you can, stay away from them...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast