DIYHost.co.uk - Terrible Customer Service (Now Sorted!)

I have had an entirely disgusting service from DIYHost - everything was fine until I had a problem uploading files one day, so I raised a support ticket and they were nothing but rude to me. They closed the call even though it wasn't fixed, gave the impression they didnt care in the slightest, then when I reopened the call a few times explaining that it wasn't fixed they banned me from the helpdesk for 24 hours. I work in IT support and would get sacked for this kind of customer service. My advice would be to stay clear from them at all costs, its not worth it.

Just thought I'd let people know in case they're considering using them.

That is interesting that a host would ban a customer from the helpdesk for 24 hours, I don't think I have ever heard of that type of practice. I am sorry about your troubles, but may I ask what site you were hosted with DIYHost?

Hopefully you can find a much better host somewhere in these forums if you have not found one already .

Good Luck

- John
    SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services & WHMCS Themes
    Web Designs catered to web hosting and software providers!
    Check out the top-rated WHMCS Admin Panel Theme by SwiftModders

Wow, that is unusual! Sounds pretty unethical, too (blocking a customer from contacting support). How long had you hosted with them?
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

2 years so far.. It would seem the issue is sorted - I lodged a complaint and the managing director has sorted it out and apologised. To be fair this is the only issue I've had with them - the hosting they offer is great otherwise, so if its just a one off then I'll still recommend them! Cheers guys, I'll keep you posted!

This is unreal... I'm so sorry to hear about that.
    It looks like some companies do not want any business these days, or else they would not treat their customers like this.
    Like I've said often before, customers need to be treated with respect, no matter what the situation is.
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

I'm not taking sides or endorsing the behavior described... but more information as to exactly what you were reporting as a problem and what they replied would be interesting.

I've had cases before where customers have written in describing a problem where the solution was them making an .htaccess change, only to have them write back that the problem wasn't fixed. A misunderstanding on what is assumed in the words "DIY". I'm not refering to experiences with DIYHost as I've never had any relationship with them... but just the idea in general.

You didn't say that they simply closed your ticket (and later banned you from their support desk) without a reply... so I'm assuming they sent you some form of reply initially.

I'm not familiar with DIYHost at all... but it made me wonder if they are outsourcing their helpdesk support on a per ticket based situation... and thus someone reopening the same ticket to report something still isn't fixed could be possibly generating them additional outsourced costs. Or, it could be their support just sucks.

Hi Lightwave,

A very valid point, maybe I can explain. I dont want to put the whole discussion on here as its now resolved but I can email it if this message doesnt answer your question. The problem was that after a couple of years with no problems, I was suddenly unable to upload anything without it failing. I tried many methods, connections and computers and they all had the same fault.

When I initially logged the call they DID start to look at it so it wasn't out of the scope of their support (as you say, DIY hosting means only asking for support when something seems broken on the server). It was only later on (with a different technician) that it all went down hill.

At no point during the problematic period did they say that it was a problem at my end, until the very end having banned me, when it seemed it was just a way of ditching the call.

They are now looking at the problem again so I'll update you.

dave_c_uk, in norder to validate and add value to your review, please provide a domain that you host with DIYhost: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=4222155

Thank you!

OK, its checkyabadself.co.uk (I can't put a link in as I havent posted enough times yet apparently).

Though why have you sent that link to 'report a bad post'??

Quote Originally Posted by dave_c_uk
    I have had an entirely disgusting service from DIYHost - everything was fine until I had a problem uploading files one day, so I raised a support ticket and they were nothing but rude to me. They closed the call even though it wasn't fixed, gave the impression they didnt care in the slightest, then when I reopened the call a few times explaining that it wasn't fixed they banned me from the helpdesk for 24 hours. I work in IT support and would get sacked for this kind of customer service. My advice would be to stay clear from them at all costs, its not worth it.

Just thought I'd let people know in case they're considering using them.
    How long were you with them before you started having problems uploading?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    How long were you with them before you started having problems uploading?
    Approx 2 years, great service prior to that and I imagine it will be just as good from now on. Hopefully just a one off.

I noticed your in the UK so my guess is that your talking about
    http://www.diyhost.co.uk/ and not Diyhosting.com. There is a big difference. Could you please verify which one in case people are confused.

Thanks.

Yes its .co.uk, I didnt realise there was a .com, sorry. Any way I can edit the subject of my post on here to make it clearer?

OK, its checkyabadself.co.uk (I can't put a link in as I havent posted enough times yet apparently).
    Thank you for your cooperation!

Though why have you sent that link to 'report a bad post'??
    By using that form we'd immediately know what post your submission is about. We don't use it only for reporting "bad posts". For example, you may report your own first post to ask for a thread title change.