Windows Host ASP UK

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for a shared UK Windows host, with ASP and MS SQL Server.
    I need around 1Gb storage, at least 1 MS SQL db, around 20Gb/month bandwidth and should cost no more than 20/month.
    Any recommendations appreciated.

I've used fasthost.co.uk

They've been pretty reliable but tech support isn't fantastic.
    I have a dedicated machines with them as well.

Pretty isn't exact...they are not bad but their servers do get overloaded sometimes and support says it's ok.
    Michele Bugliaro Goggia, designer SUP in visual communication
    webmaster: www.ufopsi.com

You get what you pay for. £3.99 / month isn't going to get you an 100% SLA if you get an SLA at all with some providers!

Overloading has never been an issue for me on fasthosts. sites have been responsive +95% of the time over the years. There has been occasional down time but that's to be expected and there were no prolonged outages.

But if you’re serious about hosting shared hosting isn't the way to go.

Support is a bit crap like I said. I’m fortunate enough to have an idea about what I'm talking about and get it escalated (it’s hard work sometimes) but if you're not in that position you may find 1st line keep bouncing you around.

Most my small sites on shared fasthosts space put out less than 5G a month none go above 10G to give you an idea of size / throughput.

And be aware there are MANY who resell fasthosts.

The only other similar company in the UK is 1and1 but I had such a horrible experience with their firstline support and shared hosting I dumped them but I'm about to trial a dedicated server and see what they're like.

There are other smaller providers and colo hosted shared space providers hoting in the UK.

People must give you more MS SQL databases than one for ONE GB web space that you wish to buy.

Im sorry moderators/admins. Please dont give me more points. Just delete this post
    Last edited by mbkweb; 11-23-2006 at 06:36 AM.

People must give you more MS SQL databases than one for ONE GB web space that you wish to buy.

Ok, I can see my signature now. Thanks just delete the above post.
    Last edited by mbkweb; 11-23-2006 at 06:36 AM.
    mbkweb Meets all your needs, Website Building Tools, cpanel, Great customer support. Email reply within a maximum of 5 hours. LIVE help and development guidance.

I've never really understood (from my POV) why when you buy a shared hosting plan you get 4 databases. I'd rather have one big one. Much more useful for an ecommerce site.

Clarification.

Well, there are times when you need to separate things.
    And its not about how big the database is going to be, because...., on our servers, we allow the user to have as he wants, so he doesn't have to alter the number of databases, but simply use one database in simple.
    mbkweb Meets all your needs, Website Building Tools, cpanel, Great customer support. Email reply within a maximum of 5 hours. LIVE help and development guidance.