Exclamation Looking for RegFly Support here (cant renew!!! urggh!)

Hi guys

I have been with REGISTERFLY for many many years now, and despite the rants and horror stories all over the net about them, i stuck with them as my experience has not been "that" problematic.. I've had my share of frustrations and desperations though

Now, I am not here to rant about them and stuff without basis like many people do. Right now im here looking for SUPPORT.. Im sure we have some RegisterFly people around WHT..

My story?

I tried to renew one of my domains:

windandwavedavao.com
    order #54076998

I got an automated email saying Registerfly failed to renew the domain.. but offered no reasons as to why it failed..

However checking my bank account, and the amount was taken.

I politely created a ticket yesterday but have not received a reply yet. I have also tried their contact form.

Due to the urgency of this matter I come to WHT hoping for a QUICK help on this. My client is hammering me by the hour and threatening to sue me if i dont get their site back up online soon. so you can imagine what state of panic i am in.

So please, please help.. my user id @ RegFly is: teaconcepts

Tea

With RF is like driving a car with high speed and your yes, eyes, closed, some hit an object sooner and some later but when you do hit.........
    For one domain they charged my CC 80 USD and after 321 emails and tickets on support they made a refund to an account I don't have any domain on any more as I am transfering all domains out to eNom and Godaddy.

Just don;t follow the support when they say try again as again they charge you.
    The problem might be that your domain is on whois data base as sponcor register eNom so write them and tell them all your problems.
    http://www.extremejourney.com regards Peter and Savo from Makserver

Tea_J, just transfer *away*, instead of renewing.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

i wish i could.. but im caught in the middle.. coz it's technically expired now, and though i attempted to renew it, it failed.. and i tried to purchase the domain off another registrar (tried 3),all of em tells me the domain name is taken.. so what do i do now?

i've contacted regfly by all means possible, i've posted here, i've asked enom's help.. situation has not improved yet and tomorrow is another day i'll have to face my FURIOUS client and somehow explain..

So, domain is not even yours...

What can I say... OMG!!!

As the side note, WHY haven't you got a normal reseller account instead? Registering domains at RegisterFly and/or GoDaddy for your clients is the worst possible practice...

If thet are not expired for 30 days technicaly they are still yours.
    The problem is with RF they messed up when they left eNom.
    All the domains whent trough them just keep on pushing them to renew and never go to another register as it will messup more!
    Write to both and try to open an account with eNom that what I did after the RF F****d up my domains and they are all back now.

JESUZ CHRIST... im not getting any support ANYWHERE... the domain is still in LIMBO, my client is furious, and i didnt get a single reply from them, nor from enom.. nor from WHT.. this is making me sooo damn mad.

Try to call to eNom that mostly helps!

unfortunately, that is not an option for me right now.. long distance calls cost a fortune from where i live.. ;(

will send enom another email.

Hello Yea_J, why don't you try VOIP such as VOIPBuster, free to make calls to the US for 10 USD 120 days or try Skype outside the EU its cost 0.015 cents p/minute
    I am also in Europe and using this to keep my cost low.

Hello Yea_J, why don't you try VOIP such as VOIPBuster, free to make calls to the US for 10 USD 120 days or try Skype outside the EU its cost 0.015 cents p/minute
    I am also in Europe and using this to keep my cost low.
    i have skype, but i never funded it as i never needed to call overseas, (i just talk to my friends/clients on skype also).. but i guess this is one case where i will need to..

Also, is there any other ENOM reseller that i can contact? if ENOM dont wanna help me perhaps a domain reseller of eNom can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea_J
    Also, is there any other ENOM reseller that i can contact? if ENOM dont wanna help me perhaps a domain reseller of eNom can.
    I am not sure they will be able to help, but you might want to try. The immediate ones that come to mind are (I am quoting their usernames at WHT):

- stu2
    - mrzippy
    - bashar

There are PLENTY of them...

Good luck!

finally got my domain back.. RegFly (WHT user) helped me out and processed it for me.. damage is done but at least further damage has been prevented..

thanks all for your support, and thanks RegFly

cheers..

The WHT member Regfly is much more helpful and responsive than the regular registerfly support channels. He seems to manage doing what an entire support force cannot do normally. He may have help, he may not, I dont know. But people should not have to come to an outside reference for every little issue that is supposed to be handled normally by the registrar. Wish there were more like him.

Me too, in my case he did not help me, but I sometimes bark too much, but in fact I don't bite, my daughter in fact tell me that I'm sweet

Quote Originally Posted by flypelikan
    The WHT member Regfly is much more helpful and responsive than the regular registerfly support channels. He seems to manage doing what an entire support force cannot do normally.
    That's because RF has only one/ this guy running the company, he possibly also does the website design, billing, phone manning and the tickets, I mean the tickets on the doorstep of the the RF Circus.

Maybe its possible to clone RegFly?
    For sure it would bring them back on the good side

Quote Originally Posted by busterz
    That's because RF has only one/ this guy running the company, he possibly also does the website design, billing, phone manning and the tickets, I mean the tickets on the doorstep of the the RF Circus.
    Thats hilarious!

It's great that RegFly (Paul) was able to resolve Tea_J's problem. He did the same for me and I thank him again.

But why are these issues still occurring? And why are people still unable to get resolution through the normal RF technical support system?

It's approx 10 months since my problem started. Surely the systematic issues causing the problems are resolved by now.

Regards,

Jeff

All is well Paul (RegFly) helped me and for the first time my domain is with the right admin email!
    Great Pff that puts a load of my shoulders I hope RF will emply more like him like JeffK said.

Sadly... 'me too'.

When I try to renew one domain I get the stuff about transferring from the domain from one of their sources to another. The other domain: nothing happens.

Tickets just sit there, unanswered. It's unbelievable that they can carry on like this.

I'm another one getting out of there, asap.

It seems like a bit of a train wreck to me.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

i also need to renew a domain..it ahs been down for the past few days as the renewal systema t registerfly is down.

Anyone can help me

Also can't renew

Since the Registerfly renewal system is down, one of my domains has lapsed into expiration. I have been trying to update it for 5 days-- support inquiries are all of the "try back in 24 hours" variety.

I tried PM'ing user REGFLY on this forum, but am not allowed to PM for some reason.

User REGFLY, can you please get in touch via email at [email protected]?

My Registerfly user name is adamrichardson, and the domain I desperately need to renew is northpomerado.com

Many thanks...

A failing renewals system means that after 1 year, there won't be any domains left at RegisterFly apart from new registrations. We're probably about 3 months away from the 1 year anniversary of them trying to switch from eNom to their own registrar
    Signature Under Construction.

Yeah, we're leaving the sinking ship.

Have already started migrating the first batch of domains out of there...

Good choice, imho. So should everyone else before it comes to renewal time.

Does Paul (user id: Regfly) still frequent this board?

I think he gave up and blocked his PM box.

Thanks, stu2.

Any other Registerfly support person here that can take care of a manual domain transfer ASAP?

I renewed a domain name for 2 years with Registerfly, was billed for 2 years, and the Registerfly database (still) shows the domain as not expiring until 11/2007.

It is, in fact, expired with enom. They only renewed it for one year, despite all evidence to the contrary.

So it's in limbo... it appears they've "lost" the domain name and don't know where it went. Support, as always, is useless canned replys that never address the issue at hand.

Phone support (when you can get through after 50 minutes) is "Please try back in 24 hours."

Any other recourse?

Been with Registerfly for years and years, but should have heeded the warnings after the split from enom debacle. They're in waaaay over their head and simply do not have the expertise to be anything more than a reseller.

Stu2,

Just tried to PM you (and a few others), but WHT wouldn't let me.

Couldn't find an "enable messaging" setting in the profile. Do I need to be a user on here for a while before that becomes enabled?

You need either 5 or 10 posts to PM. I think it's 5. You should be able to PM me now.

I saw in the "Registerfly = scam" thread that the new Sales VP Mark Klein offered to escalate any outstanding issues to support. Anyone have an email for Mark? (I'd PM him, but I still can't for some reason)

there was also a customer trying to escalate to him his problem but was unsucessful. Words have to be acompanied with facts, meanwhile, i'm tranfering away the latest domains (tomorrow expires the 2 months lock for a bunch of domains)

RegFly meltdown

i've also had a big issue with RegFly not being able to renew one of my domains. I tried no less than 8 times to get them to renew that domain prior to it expiring.

I called their tech support about 3 weeks before the domain expired because my domain wouldn't renew (it kept failing for unexplained reasons). tech support told me to retry about 5 days before the domain expired on 11/30 because they were currently having technical difficulties. i tried to renew when they said to, at which point nothing seemed to happen at all. no renewal, no failure... nothing. I opened a support ticket 2 days before the expiration... they still haven't responded to that ticket (about a week later)!!

I also called RegFly tech support on the day that the domain expired, and the tech guy I spoke with was curt & remarkably unhelpful. He was unapologetic for what happened, and so much as said that i shouldn't be upset because my domain was now forwarding to some spam park-page. He said all i needed to do was re-register my domain (this, of course, did not work). He also said that he couldn’t help me get an auth code to transfer my domain, because my domain was now expired. This seemed to be the root problem. I think that RegFly has somehow mangled the way that it interfaces with enom. You are supposed to be able to get your auth code with RegFly at the bottom of the domain contact info page. for my domain, this auth code field was always blank (otherwise I would have transferred away log before this fiasco!).

Here's how i resolved it... i called enom directly and explained the situation to them. they were very polite & helpful. we went through a procedure to verify that i was indeed the registered owner of the domain, and after that they helped me set up the transfer away from RegFly (actually, as i understand it, away from the RegFly reseller account with enom). I was going to go transfer to GoDaddy (i have other domains with GoDaddy now)... but enom tech support was helpful, polite and they knew what they're doing, so i went with them for this particular domain.

Good luck to the others that are still having a problem! It looks like one of the main problems are the domains that are still going through enom. If you are one of these people, I highly recommend you stop wasting your time with RegFly and just call enom directly!

It gets better

After years of passable service, we've begun the process of transferring blocks of domain names away from Registerfly.

It will take a very long time to do so, but we cannot afford to trust our business with them any longer.

Case in point: 30% of the first batch of domains we tried transferring out were stalled. We entered in the EPP cpdes, but did not get any email confirmation. (this came within 24 hours for the other 70% of the domains) On a hunch, I just went and checked the contact information for the remaining domains... without exception, all contact information was replaced by other customers of theirs.

Each domain that did not transfer had a completely different admin, technical & billing contact. This leads me to believe that their database has been severely compromised, most likely by their incompetence.

For years, they were cheap, but at least did an adequate job.

In the past 6 months, they have:

(i) Completely "lost" domains of ours

(ii) Inadvertently replaced our contact information with other customers'

(iii) Suffered a major DNS outage lasting several days

(iv) Been unable to renew domains, resulting in customer outages that persist to this day (we're on week 3 for one of our client domains)

(v) Taken money for domain renewals that never went through, though appeared in their databse that they did. (again, resulting in outages, after said domains expire)

(vi) Given up an any semblance of user support. Phone and 24/7/365 support are unreachable. Trouble ticket system is worthless. (I swear it's just one auto-reply script: "Try again in 24 hours."

One, two, .... uh, six strikes and you're out.