* whmxtra.com hmmmz

hi people,

Yesterday i purchase a licence for whmxtra (1 server) All is good.I receive several emails.Now earlier today whmxtra keeps on saying "invalid licence" while i did enter the key in licence.php.It looks like every time there MySQL server is down we clients will suffer ???? hello ? we payed money here .Try to use any "database" on whmxtra.ccom "can't connect to local MySQL server through bla bla'" i hate phpaudit sow do i understand that ? every time there MySQL is down the script will not work .....
      0 Not allowed!

you have to login www.whmxtra.com/client/clients/ to verify the license key. Anyway, their mysql service seems to be down atm that may cause the problem.

Senior Server Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

hi,

Yeah that's what i mean.I use another script that uses PHPaudit for it's licencing and everytime the vendors MySQL is down the clients suffer along with it because the legally purchased key cannot be checked ooh well guess i need to wait until they get MySQL back
      0 Not allowed!

Why not contacting their support then?
      0 Not allowed!

hello,

Yeah i could do that but "Someone will respond to your request within 24hrs." a service that is not working requires a much faster response certainly when there is money involved
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cpanellover
    hello,

Yeah i could do that but "Someone will respond to your request within 24hrs." a service that is not working requires a much faster response certainly when there is money involved
    Not very responsible to not have a backup method of verifying the license, I take a backup method into consideration when I designed my licensing system, just because our MySQL server is down does not mean every copy of our product should cease to work.

Makes you wonder what would happen if WHMXtra decided to pack up and no longer offer there script?
      0 Not allowed!

Since it seems PHPAudit is being incorrectly blamed for issues here with the script & another...

Let me just emphasise yet again that PHPAudit is simply the licensing system that provides companies like whmxtra with licensing tools - it is completely up to the people purchasing PHPAudit how they choose to use and implement it.

There are 2 'alternative' license verification methods BUILT IN to PHPAudit in the event the main license server goes down that our customers can choose to use - 'local keys' (a way of validating a license without any 'call homes'), and, our redundant license servers system (they can setup multiple licensing servers in multiple locations, so if one 'breaks' the others pick up the slack).

I know you're frustrated at the problems you're having, but, please remember that broad-sweeping inaccurate comments can hurt legitimate companies like ours - not to mention those other software companies who DO use PHPAudit in a responsible manner!
    Last edited by tickedon; 11-21-2006 at 03:49 PM.
    Alasdair
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon
    Since it seems PHPAudit is being incorrectly blamed for issues here with the script & another...

Let me just emphasise yet again that PHPAudit is simply the licensing system that provides companies like whmxtra with licensing tools - it is completely up to the people purchasing PHPAudit how they choose to use and implement it.

There are 2 'alternative' license verification methods BUILT IN to PHPAudit in the event the main license server goes down that our customers can choose to use - 'local keys' (a way of validating a license without any 'call homes'), and, our redundant license servers system (they can setup multiple licensing servers in multiple locations, so if one 'breaks' the others pick up the slack).

I know you're frustrated at the problems you're having, but, please remember that broad-sweeping inaccurate comments can hurt legitimate companies like ours - not to mention those other software companies who DO use PHPAudit in a responsible manner!
    I was unaware they were actually using PHPAudit. No one has shifted the blame to PHPAudit from what I can see, and it would be quite wrong to do so.

PHPAudit may be the licensing software, but WHMExtra chose to implement it in a way which would leave clients without a functioning copy of there script once their MySQL server went down.. Is it PHPAudits fault that there MySQL is down? No.

Its WHMExtra that needs to implement the backup method that PHPAudit supply's.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by scribby
    I was unaware they were actually using PHPAudit. No one has shifted the blame to PHPAudit from what I can see, and it would be quite wrong to do so.

PHPAudit may be the licensing software, but WHMExtra chose to implement it in a way which would leave clients without a functioning copy of there script once their MySQL server went down.. Is it PHPAudits fault that there MySQL is down? No.

Its WHMExtra that needs to implement the backup method that PHPAudit supply's.
    I wasn't really referring to your post, mainly the two posts from cpanellover...
    Alasdair
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon
    I wasn't really referring to your post, mainly the two posts from cpanellover...
    Yeah I know I was backing your post...

Was just my 2c
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by scribby
    Yeah I know I was backing your post...

Was just my 2c
    Which is mucho appreciated
    Alasdair
      0 Not allowed!

When whmxtra goes down, it usually causes a big upheavel, search around for the last post that was made about it. William who is the owner had some problem a while back where his server was down so he switched to a new host. I'm sure he knows there is a problem but I'm going to email him and ask him what's up.
    Last edited by Funkadelic; 11-29-2006 at 08:12 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

www.whmxtra.com

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Doh!
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released
      0 Not allowed!

hi people,

whmxtra.com down again.Whatever the problem is so much downtime is simple unacceptable.When i spend money i aspect thing are working properly.I heard allot of good things about the whmxtra script.But the product needs to be treated as a "product" and not some "extra money" cpskins.com (same owners as whmxtra.com) is NEVER down coinsudence i hear you think ? no i don't think so whatever the problem with whmxtra i am sick and tired of it make it work or i do a chargeback
      0 Not allowed!

They appear to be up for me. What I don't understand is once you get your product - why do you need to frequent the WHMxtra site? For support?

If you need to reach whmxtra and cpskins.com is up - go through cpskins for support. If they don't like that - over time - they will make sure their site is up.

0 Not allowed!