RIP IN Progress!!

I cannot believe this. **************** has really had a good time the last hour copying all parts of our site.

Check it out:
    our site: http://www.hostcaters.com

http://****************.info/

Ahhh!! and their co url is banned here too :-((
    cheap hosts united info ??
    Last edited by Martie; 11-19-2006 at 06:48 PM.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Can you type out their Web address with spaces in it, so everyone can see it?
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Quote Originally Posted by Martie
    Doesn't work for me.

But bah.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalWebDan
    Can you type out their Web address with spaces in it, so everyone can see it?
    Or, you could also tinyurl it.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

They've been banned and censored here for repeated spamming. This rip comes as no surprise. Good luck getting their upstream providers to terminate their services Martie. Let us know how it turns out.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Ah, I see. It's

c h e a p h o s t s u n i t e d . i n f o

Shame on them for doing that. How long have they been in business?

Ah, I see. It's

c h e a p h o s t s u n i t e d . i n f o

Shame on them for doing that. How long have they been in business?
    Here's a click-able link.

As for your question, a few months at best.

Created : 03-Sep-2006
    Updated : 19-Nov-2006
    Expires : 03-Sep-2007
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

nothing displaying on their site expect root tree folders
    DB9 Design, Design and quality you can trust

Nice, the site is gone already. Of course we'll have to see who they choose to rip next.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Yeah we should keep an eye on there activities. I'll certainly pop by their site every now and then to see what is happening
    DB9 Design, Design and quality you can trust

Yup, the site is gone with an "apology".
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

If what is posted on their website is true, then laying blame on them isn't right. I didn't get to see the thing in action so I really can't decide but it does look like they weren't in the wrong here to me.
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz_
    If what is posted on their website is true, then laying blame on them isn't right. I didn't get to see the thing in action so I really can't decide but it does look like they weren't in the wrong here to me.
    I agree with you. It might be wise to contact the website owner, to find out the truth behind the statement posted on his website.
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

Agreed. However, going by the bad grammar/spelling in the apology note, and the fact that the company has spammed here several times and is only a few months old somehow makes me not believe them.

Agreed. However, going by the bad grammar/spelling in the apology note, and the fact that the company has spammed here several times and is only a few months old somehow makes me not believe them.
    A good point, yes. I can't decide really as on one hand like stated, they apparently spammed but on the other hand, they might be trying to turn themselves around, toughy really.
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

We hired a "professional" designer... so says on their site.
    Professional designers do not steal. A poor attempt to find an excuse for stealing.
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Quote Originally Posted by Artashes
    We hired a "professional" designer... so says on their site.
    Professional designers do not steal. A poor attempt to find an excuse for stealing.
    Yes.

I have noticed that this is a very popular excuse...it's b.s. most of the time.

Yes, it was the one armed web designer bandit who did it.

AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Yes.

I have noticed that this is a very popular excuse...it's b.s. most of the time.
    Actually on the internet it is very easy to call yourself a professional and not be one. Its becoming more and more popular, although i seriously doubt they are telling the truth.

Although at least they took the time to apologize at all.

As terrible as it is, I guess Martie can take it as sort of a compliment, out of all the hosting sites in the world, this person chose theirs!

Good job in finding it. Web thieving is not nice. Someone did the same on one of my sites in the past. :rolleyes
    Last edited by zwolf; 11-19-2006 at 10:32 PM.

http://dbforums.com/showthread.php?p=6242270 Why would he buy templates or hire a professional designer when he had such nice ones to pick from here?

And what's more trustworthy than a host that reviews itself.... http://www.webhostingopinions.com/12...**-reviews.htm. <-- Ha! The domain censor means I can't link this one, sorry . Notice the name of the reviewer on the site matches that of the owner:
    Thank you
    Best Regards
    Philip Danks

Mike,

http://tinyurl.com/ydxn2y - for the webhostingopinions link.

lol looks like a kid who wants to make it into the industry...

The domain name extension is lame to begin with. Must have a .com or .net. Info extensions are not really that attractive for potential buyers.

Well it was a blatant rip, all the while changes being made live. I find it hard to believe a hired designer would upload the site as it was. You would think they would be smart enough to at least remove reference to the original site.

Either way the guy is not responding so IMO hes guilty. If it truly were HIS designers mistake or whatever, he should be trying to contact ME with an explanation of exactly what happened. Uh-huh!!

Heck, he hasnt even responded to a post over at freewebspace where he isn't banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Martie
    Heck, he hasnt even responded to a post over at freewebspace where he isn't banned.
    It's about 5am in his country So maybe decided to get some sleep.

Update:
    Philip did come to the site for a chat though AND all content has been removed. It has to make you wonder with the above template links posted why someone would just rip a site. His story was though he hired a person from getacoder.com but just failed to get any name or anything on the actual designer.
    Funny, I know. He never actually admitted HE did the rip but his IP etc. matched that of the ripper. No explanation from him for that other than he just didnt know how that happened.

He's only 18 years old, bought one of those unmetered ebay hosting accounts on ebay from grab-hosting.com. This is a perfect example of how NOT to do business.
    Doesnt even have a clue who grab-hosting is or anything about them.

Glad you got it sorted Martie. Unless he understands that ripping, shilling, and spamming message boards are all bad things I doubt he'll get very far in this (or any) industry. Hopefully this will be a learning experience and help him mature rather than teach him how to get away with it next time. But since he won't even own up to ripping the site himself I'm not going to hold my breath...