Regarding Mailing List software options

Hi,

I'm looking for a reseller plan, and one of the most important feature we would like is to have a mailing-list (real mailing-list) software that can interact with a database (preferably mySQL, but MS-SQL is fine too).

Any suggestion on what mailing-list software to target?

Thank you

HB

im looking too...

I would go with a reseller and install your own mailing list software.... Or build your own if you can
    This would work better for you
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

If you're going to buy it I suggest you to go for 1-2-all from active campaign, otherwise, MailMan is a good mailing list script which do the job. It comes with Cpanel included at least (don't know about other control panels)
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

You should definetely look into phplist.com - it is free, open source and it has tons of advanced features (like limiting how many mails can be sent per hour, attachments, wysiwyg editor, templates, user managements, user attributes etc. etc.).

phplist is more like a newsletter script.
    I don't think it can manage a mailing-list address where members can post their messages.

I am running phplist. If you do not need a place where members can enter their messages then phplist works well. I can send out emails to 1000s of members and I can limit the amount that goes out.

I am interested if anyone is charging for a service like this? I am looking for a cost that I can charge for email lists newsletter service.

Mailman works great for that but it is not stored in mysql on cPanel.

The data it is stored in flat files, but it works pretty good for group mode where your list members can post to the list and everyone gets the email.
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

My customer wants it just to send emails out.

Oh sorry, my message was for the OP. But you are right, PHP List works great for "announce only" and is what I would recommend for that type of list strictly due to its ability to throttle outbound emails which is something mailman lacks.

As for your questions mississippionline yes, there are several services I can think of. Constant Contact being one of them. but what makes those services valuable is their bounce reporting and other reports which is a bit more robust than PHP List last I checked.

Not that PHP List can't be tweaked to do something like that...
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat