I justed signed up for my first VPS and am happy to have moe admin control but there are a few things I am not clear about.

I'm on a Windows server running Plesk 7.6.1.

First let me explain my needs for the VPS. I do not plan on reselling (maybe let 3 or 4 friends use some space for a few bucks to offset costs. There sites will use virtually no resources) I plan on hosting a few small sites that I've developed on a contract basis (again these sites will utilize very little resources.) I plan on creating a series of closely related ecommerce sites that will require SSL certs. These are the primary purpose of the server.

I have been provided with two IP addresses and here is where my confusion begins. I was not provided with nameservers.

Do i need to use my two IP and create my own nameservers. This is what I've done now but I understand that my ssl certs will require dedicated IPs meaning I will have to purchase more IP addresses. Can I use their nameservers and reserve IP addresses for my sites? If I'm not commercially reselling do I really need my own custom nameservers?

I signed up with mydomain.com as the primary domain on the server. Was it a good idea to do this since I want to also use mydomain.com for my commercial site?

I am a developer and tech savvy but am not sure on best practices on setting up the server. I understand there are probably several setups I can use including my current settings. I am interested in hearing from experinced hosters who can inform/direct me to best practices. I don't "just want to get it running". I want to set up the server properly to avoid any potential scaling issues in the future.

Thank you for any assistance on this.