* Options for taking Credit Cards.

Hi,

I have always used just paypal, and recently it caused us to miss on a big customer , as they held his payment and then reversed it , despite the client talking to paypal and i spoke to his credit card company and they authorized the transaction.

This happened again recently,seems to be with the higher amounts, I know this person personal , so i know there was no wrong details or possibilityof fraud.

I have looked at WorldPay , they won't give us an account. 2CO seem ok ,but then i read here , that you have to wait a few months at first before you can transfer money.

I am in the Uk and our company bank account is in th Uk, I guess i am looking for a payapl alternative, I don't mind paying setup fee or monthly fee's and/or a % of transaction.

If you have any suggestions , Please let me know..

Thanks in anticipation
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

I would look into an autorize.net account. There are plenty of authnet resellers, and the acceptance ranges are wide.

Thanks, Which one ? there are a few, it would be good if it was deposited into our UK bank within days, as most only do that for Us bank accounts.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

cgicommerce.com is the one we've used. Not sure if they can help you.

As for 2CO, if you call them up after you sign up (give it a week or two) and put in HelpDesk tickets explaining the urgency of them verifying your account, it will take a lot less longer. At least it did for me.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Thanks Tina, How have 2CO been to you ? they would charge $6 for every transfer to our bank (UK), which isn't too bad, Are they good with large amounts, as some clients pay yearly etc . Advice greatly appreciated.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

They do a lot of fraud screening, which can sometimes (not very often at all) falsely mark valid payments as fraud. In my experience, I just leave a comment on a large order saying "this is a long-term customer" or "we already screen this and believe it to be valid"...that usually does the trick.

I just wanted to add...we've been accepting online payments for almost a decade. Over the years EVER payment processor, 3rd party processor, Paypal, merchant accounts, etc. have all had their downside. Paypal, 2CO and authorize.net seem to have had the least problems. I did get mad at 2CO a few years ago and stopped using them, but I got over it and they seem to have greatly improved.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Ok, thanks very much , We are going to use Our banks online solution , but not until our revenue is alot higher, I think we will signup for 2Co, thanks.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

I use 2co. It took about 3 days to set up and be up and running. Was receiving payments in the first month... I didn't have to wait a few months etc.. I didn't know they did that....
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business