Hello, I'm 23 years old and finishing up my degree in Information Technology. I work full time as a Library Technician at a mid-size Midwestern public university, but I'm looking to buy a house and a truck in the upcoming months and would like to earn some extra income without a commute. I also would like to build my technical skill set.

I don't have any direct experience in a remote support setting but I am a quick study and extremely dedicated. I would probably be well suited to handle support tickets, LiveChats, e-mail, sales/billing questions, or even those Chat popups when someone browses to the site. I've heard those convert pretty well actually.

Would be willing to work on a per hour or per ticket basis, pay totally negotiable. My schedule is 3 to 11:30pm Central here so my work hours would need to be outside of that, and somewhat flexible as on school breaks I get moved to a daytime schedule M-F. Willing to work from 1 to 20 hours. 5-12 hours a week would be ideal. Again I'm flexible and willing to do what's needed.

Currently MCP (70-290) certified and iNet+ certified, working on MCSA, Network+ and others as part of my degree program. Will be finishing in the next year. Any questions or interest PM me and I can provide e-mail and IM contacts. Cheers.

I got some response but did not come to an agreement with anyone so I am posting once more. Sitting 70-291 on Dec. 4th now, otherwise information is the same. Quick study, used cPane; and WHM from user perspective, will work hourerly or per ticket, pay negotiable.