Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bliksem Hosting The end?

Sites are down.
    Reseller account is down, all my customers sites down.

Bliksems Support Site is down.
    Bliksems Forum is down.
    Blimsems toll-free # out of service.
    Bliksem whois toll-free # out of service.
    Bliksem not answering emails to admins, support, sales
    Blimsems live chat down.
    Bliksem has a new hosting company hostingjoy.com?

Is anyone having any luck getting things back up and running today or is this the end? DO I need to face all my customers now?

Good luck, I seriously wish you the best of luck. I had a rotten time with them, and they try to turn it around like you`re to blame for all the problems.

I left a few month ago due to lots of downtime. First time it was somebody abusing the server, then a few weeks later we had a whole weekend of downtime. After very little if any response from support, they turned around and said the server problems were because of one of my clients. I asked for proof and they couldn`t give it to me so I had to take their word. I also complained because it took forever to get a response from support (I had my own clients breathing down my neck). I hate being kept in the dark with nothing to tell my clients. A few days later I get an email from Jav I believe saying I send more tickets to their desk than any other Bliksem client has ever done!!!

I said I was thinking of cancelling, I never got a response to that. I figured they was glad to see me gone! Most hosts would try and work something out to keep you, but not Bliksem.

I hated sending in tickets as it always took hours and hours before you heard anything, sometimes it would be the next day or more. Eventually you would get a short sharp response and a telling off for the follow up emails!

I mean, WTF do they expect us to do when we`re in the dark. Play the guessing game and just give our clients come crap old excuse.

It`s sad because they started out an awesome company. Seems like they`ve joined Sonataweb and ended up down the shitter

Bliksem has a new hosting company hostingjoy.com
    Maybe they sold?

Sorry to hear what happened to you
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

That's quite upsetting to hear when hosting customers are blamming their customers for server problems. However, sometimes it can be a client issue, they can at least talk to the client in a nice way. Well, I wish you the best of luck and hope you have a better time elsewhere.
    SwiftModders - Premium WHMCS Themes, Blesta Themes, and WordPress Development
    View my top-rated WHMCS Themes trusted by over 1,000 businesses!
    █ Now offering Blesta Themes to transform your Blesta client area!

Quote Originally Posted by kelownatech
    Maybe they sold?
    They could just be starting another brand that focusses on a different niche. There's nothing wrong with that, and many hosts have done it before.
    • WLVPN.com • NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider •
    • Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up •

Well that certainly does not favour happiness now does it,

Best of luck in getting things back up and running,
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    They could just be starting another brand that focusses on a different niche. There's nothing wrong with that, and many hosts have done it before.

Well maybe so but there are many posts in different threads currently about Bliksem. If that is their reason...very unethical IMO, but thats just me.
    I would be gone and also contacting my cc company if I felt I was due a refund.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

You could handle anything but what about backups ?? Do you have backups ??

Quote Originally Posted by lindmar
    Sites are down.
    Reseller account is down, all my customers sites down.

Bliksems Support Site is down.
    Bliksems Forum is down.
    Blimsems toll-free # out of service.
    Bliksem whois toll-free # out of service.
    Bliksem not answering emails to admins, support, sales
    Blimsems live chat down.
    Bliksem has a new hosting company hostingjoy.com?

Is anyone having any luck getting things back up and running today or is this the end? DO I need to face all my customers now?
    How long have they been down? Their web site seems to be loading extremely slow. How do you know they started a new company called hostingjoy.com ?

If you have your account backups, I would suggest that you find a new suitable hosting company and move on.

There seems to be no option but to leave Bliksem as soon as is possible. Remember, warning signals have been there for quite sometime now.

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    How do you know they started a new company called hostingjoy.com ?
    If you check out the website, the logo says HostingJoy (by Bliksem). Jav also mentions this new venture in the Bliksem forums when they were up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Well remind me never to deal with you.
    Its one thing to start up in a new niche but you still have existing customers.

The fact is, while there may have been warnings here. Bliksem was heavily promoted here as a decent host.

I think if this is the case , hosts like this should be banned from advertising here.
    Including his new company hostingjoy.com

Should be an instant blacklist.

Seems the URL on the site which links to the public profile Hyperpin report is not available now for some reason!

http://www.hyperspin.com/publicrepor...3/7076/2/25742

Taken from here: http://bliksemhosting.com/coop.html

I see nothing has changed. They still like to keep their customers in the dark. The least they could do is take five minutes and come on here with some answers. I can only feel sorry for those not knowing what is happening. I was there a few months back in the same situation.

The servers just went back up.
    How do I migrate the accounts of about 300 customers to a new host?

Anyone have a quick/safe solution that isnt going to be huge?

I gotta get these sites out of here while were back up.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way for moving 300 accounts out of there.
    I suggest to start doing full backups of all them through Cpanel, with them, you can restore the site in another server easily, however, that's done 1 by 1.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Are you on a semi-dedicated Lindmar? If not that`s an awful lot of clients on a reseller plan :O

Quote Originally Posted by lindmar
    The servers just went back up.
    How do I migrate the accounts of about 300 customers to a new host?
    You'll need the username and password for each of those domains, and your new host can migrate them over to their server. Although I can't see many reseller providers that will migrate 300 domains, unless it's to a VPS or a dedicated server.

You'll need the username and password for each of those domains, and your new host can migrate them over to their server.
    Not necessarily, if you have WHM access, you can do it without knowing all the 300 usernames and passwords.
    Although I can't see many reseller providers that will migrate 300 domains, unless it's to a VPS or a dedicated server.
    I agree with you there, 300 domains are too many for a reseller account
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

There are 296 domains set up. many are parked and use zero resources. I need to go through and clean it up.

I was exagerrating in a fit of anger!

I am going to move to a dedicated server. Can anyone reccomend a host?

Also, I have WHM access if that helps.

Thanks

Make Certain Your Backups Are Good Before You Do More Than 1
    -= Webmaster=-
    -=Programmer=-
    -=. Hired Gun .=-
    .oş°'¨'°şo.oş°'¨

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    Not necessarily, if you have WHM access, you can do it without knowing all the 300 usernames and passwords.
    Without root access on both machines, how so?
    • WLVPN.com • NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider •
    • Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up •

If you're in a real rush, you could try doing an rsync and replicating the databases. You'll lose a lot of things that could be done by a cpmove, like preferences, mail settings etc.,

Quote Originally Posted by mesobob
    Are you on a semi-dedicated Lindmar? If not that`s an awful lot of clients on a reseller plan :O
    I actually started with an advanced resellers package
    Moves up per bliksems request, moved up again, upgraded.

Also have a VPS with them with I basically don't use. It has about 50 sites on it. Not really in action.
    On a side note does anyone else have trouble logging into this forum?

The cookies/login just doesnt want to stick for me here. Takes about 20 tries..

Anyways, I tried a full backup. Not sure what I do with that once I have it?
    This seems very very complicated.

Bliksem Hosting, is terrible and I'd hate to see any of you make a mistake and have to go through what I've gone through with them.

I noticed that there was not one charge from Bliksem like there should be but three. Wow. I never really look at my credit card statements and they are paid automatically so I didn't even know that these guys were charging me almost every month. It makes me wonder because I notified them of the problem and they knew there was a duplicate charge but wouldn't they have seen 2 duplicate charges in their system?

08/16/06 BLIKSEM WebHosting 877−3196600 FL $937.50
    10/17/06 BLIKSEM WebHosting 877−3196600 FL $937.50
    11/03/06 BLIKSEM WebHosting 877−3196600 FL $937.50

everytime I've tried calling them this is what I've gotten -
    davidjay.net/forumpics/bliksem_hosting.mov

The empty promises from Javier Vidueira and his staff at Bliksem Hosting have caused such a nightmare for me. I think there might be something more serious going on over there.

Sounds like many of you have had similiar experiences and maybe we should investigate this?

Cheers,
    David Jay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast