AMD XP1700+, 512mb, 300GB, and by special request, Free IP's!
Hi there Guys,
Ok well after some great customer feedback, it's come to my attention that "8 free ip's" just doesen't cut it for some people. Now i say this because its what i say to everything, "there is no such thing as unlimited", so i have no intention of claiming such, but here's what im prepared to offer for all those people who need more then 8 ip addresses (or want the security of more), but dont wanta shell out the coin for it:
40 gig hdd
APC Access (Remote Reboot)
Free Port monitoring *coming soon* (already implamented, final tweaks being made)
up to 40 Free IP Addresses*
99.5% uptime guarantee
Redhat Linux 7.2 or FreeBSD 4.5, or Slackware 8.0, or Other (customer require to provide licenses/media for non-free Operating systems and they will be installed free of charge).
And as always, our customer support, now featuring unlimited low priority support for general non-emergency issues, questions, and what have you.
* Current IP Addresses must be justified with Priority Colocation before moer will be issued, IP's will not be issued in sizes of more then 8 per week unless specially agreed upon (this is due to abuse received in the past, justify your IP's and we'll have no issues).
$150/mo, Free setup
The same thing will apply to ANY of our colocation packages, including that little special i threw a few weeks back (which will be expiring very soon i might note, it had 1 month expiry).
Got questions? Ask away .
Hopefully this makes a few people happy.
<edit> Forgot to add:
CPanel/WHM add $65/mo
Ensim 100 domain add $99 one time
Plesk 30 domain add $150 one time
Originally posted by The Laughing Cow Sorry if this is a bit OT, out of curiosity do IP addresses cost providers' much? what's the going rate for them?
I like the offer quite interested
Providers pay for memberships to ARIN and such. The main reason people charge for IP addresses is because theres a lot of management work involved in them, keeping them filled, to RFC rules, etc. Realistically IP's cost most providers around $500 a year for their ARIN membership and one big headache whenever they require more, but not a lot more then that
I see, thanks for clearing them up. I can understand the problems with IP managment that you may have to overcome which explains why people charge. So would ARIN mind if you said you need your own class A
Originally posted by The Laughing Cow I see, thanks for clearing them up. I can understand the problems with IP managment that you may have to overcome which explains why people charge. So would ARIN mind if you said you need your own class A
Nope, they wouldn't mind, it would just make it a lot faster for them to deny you an ip allocation, ARIN doesen't have to give providers anything, they demand justification for everything, etc.
Originally posted by vipe Myles always has good deals going, and this is no exception.
Is this multi-homed? I got Cogent on the traceroute, nothing bad because I got some blazing speeds from their DC.
Thanks, and no, unfortunatly our upgrades to multihomed are still on time (instead of ahead of scheduele), still another 2 or so months before completion most likely . Prices will not change once the process is finished, the second cisco (router) was just put in place the other week .
However, I'd like to know if the bandwidth is exceeded how much per extra GB is charged ? Or will the account automatically be suspended ? Thanks.
It's $1.50/gb, if you expect you're going to go over, you can purchase additional allotments for around $0.75/gb mid month (even after you've gone over for that matter) as long as it's before your month end (billing date).
We do not suspend accounts for using too much bandwidth *unless* the bandwidth has been used for Abuse (warez, DoS attacks, SPAM, the kind of stuff i know none of you guys would be doing anyhow.
Originally posted by 311 Any idea who the backup carrier is going to be, Myles?
Theres actually 2-3 that will be coming in relatively close to each other. We partner with a longer established DC in the same building who provide our bandwidth (it's mure more economical for multihomed on small scale obviously), and they're the ones who do the decision making in that department obviously, but they're looking at at&t, qwest, epik, xo, and one or two others currently, getting quotes from 10+ providers and shopping around . They're setting up with a long haul type (frankly, they've been straight cogent for almost a year now and are very happy with them, not exactly running for other carriers), so they're shopping around to make sure the deals they (and in turn we) get are going to be the most profitable for the forseeable future . Pricing for existing customers will not change at this point of course .
Originally posted by utadmin You could get a DS3 to XO for around $4,000 ... so working on that
a 100Mbit ethernet .. **should** .. only be about $10,000 per month ** ish **
as for Verio .. i believe they charge around $95,000 for a gigE .. so 100mbit should be 1/10 of cost
AT&T might be a good way to go though ... they have TONES of bandwidth available ...
Prices depend very heavily on location. That and we're not directly in the negotiation process of this, our partner DC are the ones doing it. They're out fishing the quotes (as they've been for the past 3 months, we're in a Carrier Neutral building, so theres 30+ available providers and a whole ton of choice). They're not looking for gig-e connectivity (frankly very few people are looking for this), but rather about 80mbps of connectivity over another 2-4 providers. A lot of the upgrades for BGP involve work not directly related to the carriers (if going from single-homed to multi-homed, its a *very* beefy hardware upgrade to say the least).
BTW, they've been getting moer competitive quotes then that, and if it takes a extra month or two, so be it, it'll benefit our clients more in the long run, and i believe thats what people want in the end .
Just a FYI, thought i'd add this. The second carrier decision has bene finalized, and it's Williams, it'll be up within a month, but will still require tweaking, etc. before we bring it up for the customers (so still 2-3 months as stated).