Debunking the eNom/BR CP myth

I just remembered.. I used to have an account at BR and eNom had sent me a notice about it being converted to an eNom Central account. So, I looked up the email and logged on. Looks exactly like an eNom account. I had no domains in there, so I pushed one from my eNom account. When I check this domain out in my new eNom Central account. It looks exactly the same as in my eNom ETP account. The only difference in the drop down menu was an extra feature for Parking Services.

So where are all those supposed adverts? You know where they are? If you go to their home page at http://www.enomcentral.com, you see lots of adverts on their home page. If you go directly to their login page at http://www.enomcentral.com/Login.asp, lo and behold you bypass all the adverts. Clever, eh?

You know what else? Renewals were $20 year. Not so nice. Maybe that was because I wasn't a reseller with BR. Maybe they get another rate. Anybody?

Now I've gotta wait a week to push the domain back
    Last edited by stub; 11-18-2006 at 10:07 PM.
    Signature Under Construction.

Why do you need to wait a week?

Becoz that's their rules.

So is there any BR customer who can confirm their pricing for renewals? Or have they all gone

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    So is there any BR customer who can confirm their pricing for renewals? Or have they all gone
    As I wrote in another thread I think this is part of an answer to your question.

With BulkRegister I paid a one time $79 fee many years ago for the Reseller account.

After that they had an upgrade option at $99/year.
    I never choose to upgrade. Both plans had $12 domain registration pricing.

Under the new eNom arrangement "everyone" would have a $99/year Reseller fee and only the $12 domain cost price.

Add to that the 3% fee to use a credit card. The new arrangement was not attractive.

I did look at the eNom sub-reseller arrangement but that was $8.95 per domain.

I could get $7.95 at SRSPlus with an initial deposit of $250.

At StarGate there is a better price of $6.95 with a $5.95 transfer special for first year.

To get a domain price of $6.95 at eNom I would have to lay out at least $1595 upfront. That was too much for me since I am only working with about 80 domains.

So for my business the best deal was http://www.StarGate.com .
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Under the new eNom arrangement "everyone" would have a $99/year Reseller fee and only the $12 domain cost price.
    Wow. Same as BR. I was a freebie customer of BR having bought my domains at a SnapNames auction. Probably that's why I'm being charged $20 with no annual fee. In which case EVERY BR customer should convert to a free $8.95 reseller account IMMEDIATELY. Or, if they don't like to pay upfront get a free $8.95 retail account instead. You can push your domains for free. It gives you breathing space without having to rush decisions.

I could get $7.95 at SRSPlus with an initial deposit of $250
    For $200-$250 you could have bought yourself a $6.95 eNom Reseller account in the aftermarket, as I have mentioned before. It wouldn't have taken long to break even. But that's water under the bridge now
    Last edited by stub; 11-21-2006 at 06:10 AM.

Wow. Same as BR. I was a freebie customer of BR having bought my domains at a SnapNames auction. Probably that's why I'm being charged $20 with no annual fee. In which case EVERY BR customer should convert to a free $8.95 reseller account IMMEDIATELY. Or, if they don't like to pay upfront get a free $8.95 retail account instead. You can push your domains for free. It gives you breathing space without having to rush decisions.

For $200-$250 you could have bought yourself a $6.95 eNom Reseller account in the aftermarket, as I have mentioned before. It wouldn't have taken long to break even. But that's water under the bridge now
    Yes, there are a number of better options for the BulkRegister Resellers. I went the direction of StarGate and SRSPlus because I personally did not like the 3% fee and if I resell the 95 cent fee per domain. I understand why they have those fees but since I am not dealing with 100's and 1000's of domains I did not need all the features in their control panel.

The SRSPlus deposit of $250 was to open a Reseller account and those fund were used to transfer and add a year to my domains at $7.95 price. There is no min and the ability to auto add funds as I need to without any fees. Basically it is a pay-as-you-go arrangement. I can maintain a little as $10 balance and add as little as $10 via my Credit Card whenever I wish.

The StarGate Reseller was setup without any funds needed and that was a very nice feature. The StarGate $5.95 transfer price and $6.95 registration/renewal price with a basically pay-as-you-go arrangement is also very nice.

I think eNom should have just moved all the BulkRegister Resellers into a $8.95 Reseller account and dropped the $99/year Reseller Fee. I think that would have solved a lot of problems many have posted in the different message threads.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

I think eNom should have just moved all the BulkRegister Resellers into a $8.95 Reseller account and dropped the $99/year Reseller Fee. I think that would have solved a lot of problems many have posted in the different message threads.
    That's exactly what I've been saying all along. It's even what eNom recommend BR customers move to. So I've no idea why they didn't do it right first time

That's exactly what I've been saying all along. It's even what eNom recommend BR customers move to. So I've no idea why they didn't do it right first time

Back at the end of October when the transfer from the BulkRegister system to the new BulkRegister/eNom system that was not an option for BulkRegister Resellers.

We were locked into a $99/year fee and $12 domain price plus our domains were locked for 60 days.

After I started my domain transfers I did finally get a reply from BulkRegister Support suggesting I contact eNom Billing about transfering Reseller account.

Just this week (yesterday) I received a reply from eNom Billing with the details. All the details are just what they have posted on the eNom site. No other considerations for BulkRegister Resellers mentioned.

BASIC $8.95/year Deposit $1495 with gold points 1,495
    VOLUME $7.95/year Deposit $3975 with gold points 3,975

BASIC $8.95/year Deposit $495 with no gold points
    VOLUME $7.95/year Deposit $995 with no gold points

So for what fits my needs I would need to deposit $995 upfront plus pay 3% fee for using a credit card or PayPal to get the $7.95 price.

I compared that to SRSPlus price of $7.95 with only $250 setup and no extra fees.
    Or to StarGate with no setup, no extra fees and a $5.95 transfer price.

I think "my" biggest hangup is the charge of 3% to use my business credit card.

If the option was given to me back in October I may have stayed with eNom at the $8.95 rate (at that time) but once I looked around and read the options to become a StarGate Reseller I went with StarGate. In the long run that choice will save me money for my own situation and business needs.

I really think that each person needs to read and look over all the options and choose the one that best fits their situation. And that is what is great about this forum. We can read and chat about what is available and what is the best fit for our own business. A little knowledge can be a danger and too much knowledge can be a disaster.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

They would only give you their standard options. But we know better

They would only give you their standard options. But we know better
    ''All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

George Orwell, 'Animal Farm'.

Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Yeah! they're the smart ones

Yeah! they're the smart ones
    they are smart as long as they are not eaten by a bigger animal

Smart ones get away or befriend the bigger animal