Question Migrating a site from one dedicated server to another dedicated server

I have a web site on a FreeBSD dedicated server and I want to move to a bigger, faster FreeBSD dedicated server. Where can I find someone to do the migration? I can do things like copying files and such, but I don't know the details of all the big stuff. And I need someone who understands Apache, perl, php and MySQL interrelations as those are the 4 main areas where I need compatability.

Hello,

Do you have cPanel installed on this server or was all software manually compiled?

Well imo you hsould get a support comapny to do this

Quote Originally Posted by CX.Eric
    Well imo you hsould get a support comapny to do this
    Which is precisely what I'm asking about. Where can I find a dependable company or person to do this? In the past I've had a couple of companies do my migrations. All but 1 are gone and the remaining one (which will remain nameless), the last one, made a bunch of 'mistakes' and was, in general, undependable. There were LOTS of 'little' "Oh, I forgot about that..." issues.

I'm even at a loss as to the best Search terms to find companies, so I am looking for suggestions.

No control panel. Most server maintenance I can handle. There's only my site - I'm not reselling and I really don't want a 'control panel'. It's just me on a server and I have no desire to add control panel overhead, not to mention the cost... And yes - I want someone or a company which I stay with which can do software upgrades when necessary (such as php and MySQL updates).

As an FYI - My main site has been on the internet since 1996 - Over the years I've migrated from a 'local ISP' in 1995, to a Verio managed virtual server, to what I have now - A dedicated server. BUT - I'm just a 'business' person keeping my site online. I'm not a 'professional' web master. I don't know an MX record from a hole in the wall.

How can I find a reputable person or company to assist me?

I am DEFINITELY looking for a professional (MUST be telephone accessible!).

You should contact my man Lyron hes an expert at this hes the admin at serversupportguys!

aim: l540i

Thanks for the referral. I'll check him out. A 'key' need is I want to stay with FreeBSD.