Thread: reselling names

reselling names

any where we can get domains for about $6-7 with a low initial investment? -

Any info would be appreciated

Re: reselling names

Originally posted by dialuphost
    any where we can get domains for about $6-7 with a low initial investment? -

Any info would be appreciated
    You are looking into $8 minimum - maybe some sales stunts of $7.95 from unheard of companies - because the Registrars PAY the Registry $6 per domain. That's the absolute low limit.

I recommend Stargate.com - invest in 51 domains and you get the $8 pricing for life (no minimum order after that).

with stargate, you would have to wonder if their wholesale prices will go the same path as their retail prices.

"the $8 pricing for life" i would not be so sure, given their recent price hike, have they given resellers any assurance that they do not plan to raise reseller prices?

Stargate is one of the few ICANN accredited Registrars that have greatly improved the quality and quantity of services offered.
    I've been with them for 18 months now.

About the rates, yes Stargate guarantees a lock-in of prices at the lowest purchased plan e.g. if you buy 51 credits you lock in at $8. Even lower rates for larger customers.