Pointing domain to another webhost

I recently bought a domain name from namecheap.com, and have a webhost at networksolutions.com. I was looking for help on how to make my domain name point to a directory on my server.

The namecheap website told me to change my DNS's to my webhosts one which I did. When I whois my new domain name, it says that its using the DNSs that I set, however when I goto the URL it gives me the Server Not Found page.

When I asked the NetSol customer service how to make this work, they told me to edit my CNAME records at namecheap.com. But for this I had to reset my DNSs at namecheap back to the default namecheap DNSs. So I did this, edited my CNAME to point to my webhost address that NetSol gave me and saved. Still its not working.

So two different companies telling me to do two different things.

Does anyone know how this works, and what I should be doing differently?

Thanks in advance.

d3n1s,

Talk to NetSol and ensure they have the domain name configured on the server otherwise it won't show up.

You did it correctly the first time by modifying the nameservers.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Thanks David,

I tried reverting back to the default DNS settings given by namecheap, and setting the CNAME record to my webhost. This worked when just entering in a domain name, but when I try to access a folder or file, it won't work. ex. mynewdomain.com goes to the webpage, but mynewdomain.com/images/myimage.jpg doesn't work (500 Internat Server Error) even though the image is located in that directory. Does the settings I made only work when the user types in the basic domain name, and nothing else?

If I change the DNS settings for the domain name, will I then be able to access subdirectories and files?

Thanks

Ignore my last post. Everythign is fine, I just wasnt correctly writing the path in. Thanks for all your help!

d3n1s,

Glad to see the issue is resolved.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.