Canadian Merchants: PSiGate, InternetSecure or Optimal Payments?

Hello,

Can you please tell me which one is better for accepting online web hosting payments?

Thank you

One of our partners can help with setup of a Canadian merchant account. The beauty of it that you actually will be using a US processing network and US payment gateway BUT with deposits to your Canadian bank. This will allow you to use US Verified by Visa/Mastercard Secure Code, and other nice features available only to US merchants.
    PM me for more details if you interested.
    Amirocms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leksus
    and other nice features available only to US merchants.
    Such as lower chargeback limits

PsiGate are pretty good. If you do serious volume, there are cheaper options.

Chargeback limits are basically the same for everyone, regardless of merchant location. If it gets over 1% pretty good chance you are out of business.
    Therefore merchants need to dedicate more attention to security and fraud detection rather than looking for higher chargeback ratio account providers.
    They simply don't exist.
    Amirocms.com

Chargeback limits are basically the same for everyone, regardless of merchant location.
    There is incorrect. Visa and MasterCard chargeback limits differ by region.

It does not matter, since your merchant account will be closed by merchant account provider and not by Visa or MC.
    I know merchants whose accounts were terminated over 1% CB ratio with Deutsche Bank, and banks in Netherland Antilles and Panama. I'm sure finding the same cases with Asian, CEMEA, or Canadian merchants will not be a problem.
    Amirocms.com

I know merchants whose accounts were terminated over 1% CB ratio with Deutsche Bank, and banks in Netherland Antilles and Panama. I'm sure finding the same cases with Asian, CEMEA, or Canadian merchants will not be a problem.
    Obviously these merchants exist but this has almost nothing to do with my point.
    The number of merchants (as a % of total merchants in the region) getting shutdown over having a chargeback ratio greater than 1% is far greater in Visa USA than Visa International.

And can you please share the source of this information? I'd be very interested to look at those numbers and its publishing source.
    Amirocms.com

Wow, very off topic guys..

I will be making the same choice from those two and I will be choosing Psigate over IS.
    I've heard a few bad comments about IS where as Psigate has a pretty clean record as far as I can see.
    Also you can get a pretty good deal through MB and they seem to be more supported by billing systems in general.

Be sure to let us know what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by messa
    Wow, very off topic guys..

I will be making the same choice from those two and I will be choosing Psigate over IS.
    I've heard a few bad comments about IS where as Psigate has a pretty clean record as far as I can see.
    Also you can get a pretty good deal through MB and they seem to be more supported by billing systems in general.

Be sure to let us know what you do.
    Who is MB?

Big company will be fine. PSIGATE and Optimal Payments will be better I think. I am not familiar with internetsecure, is this a big company? If it is not, you'd better use the other two.

Leksus your opinion is biased. At least tell that in your messages and do not overestimate the problem!

If you are ready for being called and emailed to each of your customer from INTERNETSECURE, and the possiblity of frozen your money, then you can apply for it.

PSIGATE is integrated into many applications. As well, in our experience their rates are very good.

I have worked with PSiGate and they are good guys there. I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend them. I.S and Optimial I haven't worked with and thus cannot comment on.
    David Goodale
    Merchant Accounts.ca
    Canada's merchant account provider.
    Toll free: (888) 414-7111 ext. 5 | Direct: (905) 901-2254

I can chime in with Internent Secure as being a good Gateway to use.

Been using them for about 3 years and Service has always been good. If there is a problem, I like how I can pick up the phone and call, talk to someone and usually resolve the issue immediately. Also on a plan that is great for small businesses, charges a flat fee (percentage based) per month instead of nickle 'n diming us with various charges.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

We are using PaymentTech/Chaise Solutions.
    Alex Maleki -/- 1.866.596.8401
    iTeraWeb Solutions -\- Quality cPanel, Unlimited Reseller, and A-Z VoIP Termination.
    http://www.iteraweb.com | 24x7x365 Phone/Chat Support

anybody want to give some rates?

Rates are often posted on the websites of the various providers. With that said, if you have a strong processing history it may help you to get a lower rate.

That is why in some cases having an agent act on your behalf can be beneficial - they may be able to take an account to several different banks they work wtih to determine the lowest rate possible for that particular merchant.
    David Goodale
    Merchant Accounts.ca

Quote Originally Posted by dgoodale
    Rates are often posted on the websites of the various providers. With that said, if you have a strong processing history it may help you to get a lower rate.

That is why in some cases having an agent act on your behalf can be beneficial - they may be able to take an account to several different banks they work wtih to determine the lowest rate possible for that particular merchant.
    well, I can't find web posted rates for PSIgate, internetsecure, moneris or beanstream ... its all "contact us" for rate info. Can you point me to one?

I used IS for 5 years until they could no longer accept non-Canadian merchants because of visa/mc rules. I liked them, good service. The rate I had was 3.75% I think, though I forget exactly now.

The reporting at PSI gate's reporting is something to be desired. I haven't used them in over a year but last I was with them they provided virually no fraud screening and promised a control panel update for months that never came. I wasn't very impressed overall. Maybe they've changed since then...
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released

CheapScotsMan above had asked me for rates from PSiGate, which I have, but I have previously received a warning from moderators about posting rates because I work in the industry (and I do have contacts at PSiGate).

Since I'm still a newbie here, I am unclear. When I was warned before I wasn't directly asked about rates.

If a user directly asks me for the rates (as they did above) am I allowed by the T&C to respond? Perhaps the moderator will jump in here as this is a grey area.
    David Goodale
    Merchant Accounts.ca

I myself am leaning towards psigate, I love their 35 page application -- I've been filling it out for a few months now..
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I myself am leaning towards psigate, I love their 35 page application -- I've been filling it out for a few months now..
    It didn't use to be that long.

Applications with some banks / processors can appear pretty daunting at first glance, but they are usually easy to complete once you start working on them.

Whatever processor you work with, you should be able to call a support agent and they should be willing to walk you through the documents. If not, consider it fair warning for the service you may end up getting after you go live.

Any provider should be happy to help you with the docs, because if you don't get approved and go live, they don't generate revenue from your account. It's in their best interest to help you be as successful as possible. Thats my personal philosophy anyway.
    David Goodale
    Merchant Accounts.ca

I've done processing with Optimal Payments and I can confidently say that they were the most honest processor/gateway we've ever had the pleasure of using. They're great people who know what they're doing.
    Pioneer Payments | high risk merchant accounts
    Processing credit card, electronic checks, and alternative payments
    EU & offshore incorporations and bank accounts

Quote Originally Posted by energy View Post
    It didn't use to be that long.
    In the end, it wasn't. I think there was only 7 (odd) pages in total to fill out. Surprisingly very little information required once you dig into it a bit. I do hope the process as a whole goes well. Their application fee of $175 is a bit steep but in the long run hopefully won't be an issue. Now back to work!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.