This question might have an obvious answer but I want to know how you guys would handle this.
I want to run resource intensive queries on my production database, without affecting its overall performance.
One solution I have which I had not implemented yet includes the following
1. Disable ability to preform inserts/updates for said site/feature on the production database
2. Replicate the databse to a different server.
3. Run my queries on the replica db.
4. Replicate these changes to the master.
5. Re-enable insert/update ability on said site/feature