New server hacked

My server just got hacked i just bought it!!

and they was going to charge me anouther $35 to reset the password how stupid...

in the end we got it done free

You need to secure your server, just resetting it will not help much as hacker can still able to get access to your server. You need to find out how your server got hacked and secure it.

It seems like you're better off reformatting the server and requesting a reinstallation of your OS. After wards quickly log in and change your password, secure SSH, install rkhunters, etc.

www.rack911.com has can do alot of this from what I see on their site.

Make sure that you have the server updated once you get it reformatted.
    Most DC's will throw in a custom iso which is more often than not out of date, thusly insecure.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    Make sure that you have the server updated once you get it reformatted.
    Most DC's will throw in a custom iso which is more often than not out of date, thusly insecure.

I agree, its not uncommon to see a grossly out of date os.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Ask DC to reformat the server and requesting a reinstallation of your OS. Then only get a start. May be hacker leave a backdoor so that he can take control of server anytime.
    I would suggest you to spend extra $30 for management of ur server by www.platinumservermanagement.com they will harden ur server and will take care of rest of the problems too.

Never go for low price dedicated server thats why such cases happen.... For future safety make sure tight Firewall layer behind your server..

Best of Luck

Are you saying you ordered the box and then it was hacked by the time they gave you the password?

Whats the uptime on the box?
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

(310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by mooodi
    Never go for low price dedicated server thats why such cases happen.... For future safety make sure tight Firewall layer behind your server..

Best of Luck
    I can't understand why you wouldn't buy a low priced server because of that. All servers "should" be reformated before the seller hands it over to the client. That way all data will not be retained from the previous client and therefore there won't be any privacy issues. The only difference I can see with a low priced server is either their network, hardware is poor or they don't have good support. I can't seem to relate low prices with a server that is hacked at point of purchase lmao.
    ServerTweak Networks, LLC >> ServerTweak.com
    Experience the fastest network and superior servers, feel the power of ServerTweak!
    Fremont, CA DataCenter | Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Cross Connects HE.net | 1/4 - Full Cab Sales