What's going on?

Hi there,

Ok, I am having a little trouble with one of my websites, let me tell you's the story and please see if you can help me...

I purchased a shared hosting account with xxx.

I then set everything up and got the site on the web.

After a while I believed that I may need a semi-dedicated account to handle a leap in traffic so I purhcased one but also kept the shared one with the same company.

At this stage I have the site still on the web and it is being hosted with the shared plan, I have not yet used the semi-dedicated at all.

I come to realise that I actually don't need the semi-dedicated so I cancel it but tell the company do NOT cancel the shared account also as it is the one that is hosting my website at the minute.

So, the company email me back and tell me that the semi-dedicated account is cancelled, I go to check my website and I see a page from "Apache" and all this stuff, so I email them back to ask if they cancelled the shared and they say no, but I am left here with no website on the web and this has never happened with any of my other sites before so I think it must have something to do with the hosting.

Does anyone know what's going on, lol?

I know that's a bit confusing, but I think this company may have shut down both accounts and left me with no hosting for my site.

What you think?

Thanks

What is the url of your website?
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

Hi,

The URL is internetmarketersexposed . com

I can't post a live link because of the five post rule

Quote Originally Posted by nm06
    I know that's a bit confusing, but I think this company may have shut down both accounts and left me with no hosting for my site.

What you think?
    I think you should call your hosting company and ask them what they did.

Yep, that's an empty account folder... Let's hope they have a backup for you, or that you made them yourself before this happened!

It's a shame to hear this, especially because the webhoster is claiming they've only deleted your semi-dedi account...
    hi there!

nm06,

It sounds like your account wasn't migrated properly back to the shared account or they host both semi-dedicated and shared on the same server :/ and the entries were removed from the apache config when they removed the account.

Contact them though: They're the only ones who can resolve it!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your replies :-), I have just received an email stating that the site is currently pointing to the semi-dedicated account, so the guy doing it must have got mixed up or maybe I didn't explain it in the best detail.

Anyway, it looks as though it may be fixed soon :-)

Yep, I still have the webpages and files on my desktop so nothing will be lost if there are any problems.

Just need to get the site back up ASAP now, lol.

Thanks

nm06,

Glad to see the issue is being dealt with!
    Let us know how everything turns out.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Yep, I still have the webpages and files on my desktop so nothing will be lost if there are any problems.

good job, many around here could learn a lesson or two from you.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Good to hear
    Personal Blog: Here | Currently Hosted By: GoDaddy | Twitter: @Quartz87

You must have the same desktop organization skills as me. I have about 17 web pages stored on my desktop. I like having them easily accessible

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    good job, many around here could learn a lesson or two from you.
    Agreed.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business