Exclamation Auracle Support.. Pros & Cons ?

Hi

I have been looking for a support helpdesk for the past few days. After going through few (& reading a lot here) I have come to Auracle Support as my final choice. Before going to get the paid version, I will like to hear your thoughts... So, if you are using it, please give me Pros & Cons of it...

Any good or bad thing about Auracle?? Are they good in provide help if you get some problem?? What is your view of them as over all Help Desk Solution?

PHP5 is not my requirement, I am thinking about it as it’s cheap as compare to many others and currently I don’t have a budget to go for Kayako or Cerberusweb. Since I am currently establishing myself (haven’t started yet) so perhaps I can even use a free one for some time... but I think I will miss a lot of features there. Also Auracle comes with live chat option which is a big plus. (I hope you can understand my problem)

I personally don’t like the current theme/template of Arcule.. (Do you know if there is any other available?) Sometimes while testing their demo, it hangs on me for sometime (Perhaps coz of Java) but considering its other good features I might over look this problem..

23 views and zero reply
    Looks like no one is using it...

It looked promising, so I tried it out. I would strongly not recommend it. But that was a personal preference. The requirements of not only the server, but also the client system are not even viable. I didn't like any aspect of it. I've seen free ticket systems do a better job..

Great potential, but executed very poorly.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    Hi

I have been looking for a support helpdesk for the past few days. After going through few (& reading a lot here) I have come to Auracle Support as my final choice. Before going to get the paid version, I will like to hear your thoughts... So, if you are using it, please give me Pros & Cons of it...

Any good or bad thing about Auracle?? Are they good in provide help if you get some problem?? What is your view of them as over all Help Desk Solution?

PHP5 is not my requirement, I am thinking about it as itís cheap as compare to many others and currently I donít have a budget to go for Kayako or Cerberusweb. Since I am currently establishing myself (havenít started yet) so perhaps I can even use a free one for some time... but I think I will miss a lot of features there. Also Auracle comes with live chat option which is a big plus. (I hope you can understand my problem)

I personally donít like the current theme/template of Arcule.. (Do you know if there is any other available?) Sometimes while testing their demo, it hangs on me for sometime (Perhaps coz of Java) but considering its other good features I might over look this problem..
    Hmm i'm not so sure....we use it and we LOVE it.....does everything we ask for and you can't beat the price and support.....the developers are really really helpful and on top of things....they developed modules for me in under a week, make modifications in a few days...all is really really good.

I am supremely happy with this product!

To answer your questions:

• All of the "bad' things i have found with auracle either were already implemented and i didn't know, or the developers implemented it within a few days
    • Again as i said...their support times are REALLY fast...and very helpful!
    • Their help system is marvelous....can't beat the price either =)
    • As for your "problem" we were in the EXACT same boat....kayako and cerbeus were WAY too expensive for us.....so we bought auracle and have never looked back
    • As for themes.....they are COMPLETELY customizable.....there are guides to do this and you can also pay for them to do it aswell.....it's REALLY easy, especially since their template system is so modular.
    • I have never had a "hanging" problem when i have used it in production, must be thier demo....
    Robert Navarro
    Phiivo.com
    Fun, Personal, Programming!

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdevil
    It looked promising, so I tried it out. I would strongly not recommend it. But that was a personal preference. The requirements of not only the server, but also the client system are not even viable. I didn't like any aspect of it. I've seen free ticket systems do a better job..

Great potential, but executed very poorly.
    Well, I agree more or less. Its not my type of choice as well. But as said, I am running short of my budget and was looking for something that can be a starting point as a Helpdesk script...

Anyway, I looked over few other communities as well and after thinking a lot I am taking "SupportTrio Lite" as my second option.

Now someone please comment on it.

Also for a side note, Clientexec is going to be the billing script. (Would that be possible to integrate both?? )
    Currently I am not thinking to spend more than $125 on getting just a help desk. I have many other important things to do. (Considering this is my start)

Morpheus there is a module "Xhelp" for the CMS "Xoops" that is open source and will probably perfectly fill your needs.

Not sure why its not so known over in the US, but chances are that its just doing what you expect it to do

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?xhelp

You will have to install xoops first (http://www.xoops.org)
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Why not use the support engine in Clientexec?

It works perfectly fine, and your paying for it already.
    Check out my new Chrome Extension - Server Admin Tool
    frustratedtech.com - Helpful Server Tech Advice

Using the owned version of auracle, still attempting to install it. I wouldn't recommend it if you have the $ to purchase kayako or even cerberus as it has more features and probably much easier to configure.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

@valentin_nils
    I have been with XOOPS for some time in the past. I don’t like them for some reason and that’s why I left them. I am not going back again.

@Internet54
    I will surly try it but so far, I haven’t seen a single website using Clientexec for support.. I wonder why is that?

@sTag-Dan
    I have decided not to use Arcule as i m seeing many complains there.. Plus, there client end is giving a bit trouble to me.

@ Every One Else
    Guys, Could you give me your suggestions about "SupportTrio Lite" ??
    I need to decide it in a day or two. So please, if you have any problem with them, please let me know.

Morpheus,

Once I got everything working (took a while), it actually looks pretty nice. If you buy the owned version here's how it works:

You download a small file which you upload to the folder you plan to install the helpdesk on and run the file on your browser. You then enter all the required information and it downloads all the required files. When all this is completed, you then download the desktop client.

The desktop client is essentially the administrative portal to Auracle. It is the interface through which you will administer your client's support requests, and the configuration of all parameters and facets of Auracle's features. It also is the chat client, footprint monitor, etc. In short - it is "everything" that the admin can use.

Although it did take a while to setup (probably because I've never done this before), I like how you do everything you need to do via the desktop client. It's complicated at first but I think it's all worth it. Also, I've been in contact with the team at Auracle and they've been nothing but helpful. Support is a little slow on the weekends but other than that, it's been a breeze!

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know how great it is after you got everything setup
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan
    Using the owned version of auracle, still attempting to install it. I wouldn't recommend it if you have the $ to purchase kayako or even cerberus as it has more features and probably much easier to configure.
    IMHO Kayako is terrible, the support is slow, they miss some basic features that can stop a help desk being workable. We purchased Auracle after years of using DeskPro and trying all the alternatives - nothing compares with Auracle right now IMHO and certainly no one elses support comes even close to that of the Auracle team, being able to speak with the developers is fantastic and gets problems sorted quickly - For the price, I am frankly amazed.

As for PHP5 being an unworkable requirement, eh? How is that unworkable. Same goes for having to have Java on a PC for the client interface, it's hardly difficult and nearly everyone I know has Java on their PCs these days anyway.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

SupportTrio is a great help desk.

Highly recommend it.

I think that people approach Auracle (and Auracle Lite) from two different angles - where our members that have expressed being happy here, are the commercial members. Auracle Lite in contrast, is free, completely different from the commercial version and unsupported - to opt for the latter involves that you possess the knowledge to bring your server up to par, and debug any issues that your environment may be precipitating. If you experience difficulties with the free version, you can't blame Auracle with things like...

The requirements of not only the server, but also the client system are not even viable
    The requirements are plainly laid out at http://auraclesupport.com/requirements.php, if you don't want to adopt them, then I would agree that other solutions might have older programs and components as requirements that would better suit the configuration of your machine. It's hardly a recommendation to say that Auracle is not recommended because the requirements didn't suit your particular taste however.. We didn't design Auracle with the majority in mind, we built it using the best components available to get the job done properly and efficiently. If we lose 80% audience to users that don't want to budge from their PHP 4.4, then so be it; we're here for the 20% that value cutting-edge components. It's a mentality adopted in the end...

This writ, on the note of requirements, with the commercial version or any trial, you have a team of experts at your disposal whose sole intention is to assist - and they will do so rather quickly. Auracle has been deployed for over 2 years now, and has a rather large user community. We've seen it all by now, and will gladly help through any teething pains; requirements-related or not!

23 views and zero reply
    Looks like no one is using it...
    Auracle isn't primarily used by webhosts, so this is a bit of a strong statement. Webhosts represent only 12% of our user base, where perhaps not 100% of this 12% frequents these forums. Auracle has wrested a strong niche in larger corporations that wanted some type of internal issue and sales tracking mechanism, with online retailers that needed to track comments, feedback, shipments, and largely with software companies that wanted a new quality assurance system. You'll see some big names in our client list, such as Caseware (huge North American software company) - and Saberpoint (Saberpoint is a store sells in excess of 1.2M monthly).

To assume that 23 webhosts, perhaps some twice have read this thread and therefore nobody uses it, is a bit strong

Not true, in fact, I would invite you to visit our comparison page - you'll find that the opposite is true. These circumstantial statements can be unnecessarily hurtful!

Nonetheless, I don't want to turn this into any kind of contest between Auracle and its competition, I primarily come to these forums to help out in the programming section, where in this case I stumbled upon this thread where I felt a clarification was required. Auracle is a solidly engineered enterprise application with a vast user community, and if you have difficulties, just ask questions. It's our pleasure to help! Please don't come here and say that it didn't work and is garbage etc simply because you didn't take the time to get in touch. We're always just a click/email away.

Cheers!
    Alex
    Last edited by Saeven; 12-01-2006 at 04:57 PM.
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

BTW Dan, everything squared away? Haven't heard from you in our forums about the chat code! And thanks for the defense everyone! Much appreciated

Cheers.
    Alex
    Last edited by Saeven; 12-01-2006 at 05:02 PM.
    forums * blog

Saeven, you missed post #10 didn't you? The post where I said I wouldn't recommend it is really old. Like I mentioned, when the system was fully functioning I really enjoyed using it and still do. So far so good! Keep up the good work!

I didn't have time to check the forums about the chat code. Last time I read it it didn't make any sense to me. If you can explain via livechat or whatever without having me make a post on your forums and waiting for an update that'd be great.

I didn't have time to check the forums about the chat code. Last time I read it it didn't make any sense to me.
    Please do follow through in our forums, and explain where confusion took place. Myself, and quite a few members that have completed this modification would gladly continue the thread It helps you, and others that might be in those shoes in the future!

Thanks again for the vote of confidence!

Cheers.
    Alexandre
    forums * blog

Updated threat. Please take a look

I have used auracle since its birth. I was one of the first beta testers before it came to public beta. I have used many helpdesk and own many different commercial ones. There is nothing out there that comapres to auracle. Support is next to none. I fsomeone has a good idea for a mod or something they impalnt it. They will ask if anyone else wants the request impalnted. If a few people say yes they do it. I am a big fan of PHP5, php4 is really no comparision. I would really look into it if i was you. I have never looked back.

I started using it and the two main reasons were - After looking high and low and finding nothing but $800, $1400, (and up) scripts, or scripts I've tried and dropped. And needing something to replace Kayako which BTW IS junk, has always been JUNK, and will always be a bug riddled pile of JUNK built by some guy that can't seem to fix even one of the 100 ongoing bugs in less that the time it takes for your 400-800 dollar (depending on how long you lease it first) PURCHASED license to expire from the bug fix update mill. I found Auricle late one night.

First and second impressions of it are that the developer can code circles around Kayako, and it seems to be built with quite a bit of immunity to possible security exploits. And the price is so low I forgot what it was. $100 or less, which - if you are serious about your business is basicly no price at all. Thats my 2 cents. The one thing about it I didn't like going in to the venture was the Java integration, but I haven't had a problem with it yet, and that is definitely a first as far as my luck goes with running anything having to do with Java. I am still not liking that the Java engine is installed on my office machines now. But so far it seems to utilize it flawlessly. At least until something else slips in and starts exploiting java - "just because it can".
    Last edited by page-zone; 01-10-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Auracle is very good looking piece of software. I don't want to agree with how it works though. It's ideal if you'r a Windows only user, or your staff only use Windows, and you don't have people on the road who rely on their cellphones or PDA's to work on it. The fact that you need to use the Java client, which works very poorly in Linux (and not even on all the Linux flavours), makes it limited. cerberus helpdesk (and I think kayako) does everything via a web interface, which is ideal, since you could pop into an internet cafe to sort out a support issue, or make modifications to the support script if you're on holiday, and most cellphones can handle standard HTML & XHTML very well. My phone (and most others) won't work with he Java client needed to administrate Auracle. If it wasn't for that, I'd use it.

But, since the free version of cerberus-workstation comes with all the features, and is totally web based, it's a better alternative for start-up hosting companies. Some of our users have been using the free version for a few years, before they outgrew the free version's abilities, and had to purchase it, and the price was well worth the money spent, since they could use it for a long time, for free.

at least take a look @ it
    South African Web Hosting - http://www.SoftDux.co.za || SA WebHostingTalk - http://www.webhostingtalk.co.za

I feel I need to clarify some potential rumor-mill material here

It's ideal if you'r a Windows only user
    Not only windows, it'll run on any platform that supports Java. We're OSX/XP/Vista users in house, and it works well in such a heterogeneous environment.

nd you don't have people on the road who rely on their cellphones or PDA's to work on it
    Not true, in fact - one of our clients is _solely_ an on-the road PDA tech-support type outfit, and they use the web area to successfully administer tickets and tasks. They dispatch their roadies with their PDAs, that then use Auracle on-site to get in touch with admins via tickets - I thought it was neat the way they adapted the environment to suit their needs.

The fact that you need to use the Java client, which works very poorly in Linux (and not even on all the Linux flavours)
    Poorly? It's faster in Linux than it is on Windows! (no surprise) Have you even tried it on Linux? Providing the Linux distro can run Java, it will work. I won't get into usually subsequent "Java is slow" argument here, the truth is that Java can reach native code speeds as rapid as any other platform. I'll provide benchmarks if you need.

since you could pop into an internet cafe to sort out a support issue
    setting aside that you can completely administer tickets from the web, the desktop system can run from a USB drive. Just bring your USB drive along, pop it in, and you are fully connected to your clients.

and most cellphones can handle standard HTML & XHTML very well
    I use my blackberry to answer tickets from time to time through our Auracle - definitely agree here.

Closing..I'm reading this, and I'm pretty certain that you either haven't tried Auracle at all, or have only had hearsay to base this feedback upon.

You can administer tickets from the front end if you want, it's just a much more rapid, useful, and powerful environment to have a 'real' application drive your CRM platform. The web, as a static medium (even with AJAX) doesn't have the persistence a real, non-run-to-completion (scripts) environment has (Java, C++, .net etc). So yes you need to fire up the Java client to modify system parameters and configure the environment. But once that's done, you have free reign to use the web instead of the desktop system (users quickly learn to prefer the latter).

I hope that this post can clarify some otherwise misconstrued information! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - it's my pleasure to answer. I'd rather spread factual information, advantageous or not, than have fictitious things spread about!

Cheers!
    Alex

I have to add, I love the interface, it looks great, and the features are great as well. The AJAX search while you type is probably one of my favourates

Well, I might need to "argue" this more in-depth. From an admin point of view, it's not the best tool yet.

I only use Linux. ( Iactually had to borrow a friends laptop recently todo some Windows work), but at the office, another colleque (the one who mainly uses the auracle system) run Windows.

I think my gripe comes in the fact that it runs on JAVA. I hate JAVA. Especially if you run two different JAVA based apps at the same time, and it crashes. JAVA is slow (even on my Linux machine, thought it's quicker than on the Windows one)

The problem I have with the fact that you need the JAVA interface, is that the web based admin is very limited. I run two businesses, of which I'm the IT guy at both sides, so when it comes to creating new catagories, new knowledge base entries, new support staff, etc. I do it, and this can't be done from my cellphone. Yes, I can answer the support tickets, but often I need todo more than that, and can't.

Seaven, please bear in mind, i'm not taking you on. Your program is great. But I feel in a public place like this, where people want to know options, they need to know the options. And this particular program didn't work for me (luckely I didn't pay for it, my partner it - on my recommendation...) I purchased Auracle for our hosting, because of these differences
    South African Web Hosting - http://www.SoftDux.co.za || SA WebHostingTalk - http://www.webhostingtalk.co.za

Long time Auracle user here and I would fully recommend it to any business (not just Hosting). I have run Auracle on both windows and Linux (speaking of the desktop portion) as well as a USB drive just to have some fun and I have yet to notice any speed issues. The desktop client is one of the major reasons that I love the software.

Likewise I have been able to answer tickets from abroad through the web based interface without any issues. For the price it simply can't be beat in my honest opinion.

In reply to java being slow (and specifically when running more than one application) I often am running both Zend Studio and Auracle at the same time on desktop here (windows machine) and I have yet to notice any issues. I also have been running eclipse, zend, and Auracle at the same time without any troubles. It may be a configuration problem or maybe an old version (or something along those lines) that are causing you to see speed issues.

*Funny side note* I fear the IT man driving and creating knowledgebase entries at the same time

I'm usually always running 3 or 4 apps that use JVM, and I don't notice any speed issues with either. I'd suggest you look at what's causing the issues on your machine to be honest. Esepcially as the Auracle client is pretty light-weight in terms of a Java App.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

Ok, you convinced me. I'll buy it. (My second one, that is)

P.S - being on the road, I meant not having a PC with me, driving around a lot, and having to rely on my cellphone to comminicate