Great example of niche hosting I'm talking about...

Hey I know on a couple threads a lot of us have been mentioning that you need a niche and not to just go into general hosting, I was going through sites and found a perfect example!

http://apwebhosting.com/

Here is a host that is totally dedicated to hosting for animal related sites and animal lovers, great example of how appealing to this niche makes it easier for them to do stuff, and notice the animal centric design, animal icons, etc
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

I agree that it makes it easier to gain targeted customers and your ROI may be higher on any advertising you do, but why would anyone want to cut out 99% of the market?
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!

Quote Originally Posted by thehostinglist
    I agree that it makes it easier to gain targeted customers and your ROI may be higher on any advertising you do, but why would anyone want to cut out 99% of the market?
    Because that 1% might pay a much higher price for the your services then the general user.

There are millions of animal lovers out there, some would be hardcore animal lovers. It could make you more money with less headaches.

This reminds me of the hosting company I found that targeted garage bands. Niche focus is great - the problem for some is in the marketing - some markets are harder to reach than others.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Yep yep, I can see how you look at and say wow small focus that is going to be hard but that internet is all about niches and I think it makes it a ton easier. To find clients say who love animals there are zillions of forums and sites you can put your name out there and since no other company is doing it you have virtually no competition except from just general hosts and I think you will have a lot easier time convincing someone to sign up for your hosting when you offer free animal templates and lots of other features that big hosts don't as they are aimed at the general market.

Oh and this doesn't mean you just have a hosting company that say offers animal hosting, another way to do this is to do really great landing pages for certain areas. So say you have a general hosting company you can easily build a great landing page for animal people and just have it called xxxhost.com/animal, now build SEO for it, offer free templates for it, advertise that URL on animal sites etc. You will probably not be able to charge as much as just a host that focuses on it since your prices are lower because your site general aims at the main hosting market but it still makes customer conversions way higher and helps. If you want a good example of someone who is doing this just take a look at siteground.com , they have one of the best landing page / niche aims / SEO effors I have seen, their pages might not be the best for the landing pages but they are ranking in SEO for their terms and they will have better conversions then just landing everyone on their main page. On their main page look under Software and tools, they have a bunch of scripts listed like mambo joomla, etc, click on one of those for the landing page (click on more info on the popup). You get something like: http://www.siteground.com/joomla-hosting.htm

Notice the file name is joomla-hosting, the title features that term as well, etc, now do a search in google for joomla hosting...

http://www.google.com/search?q=jooml...ient=firefox-a

Guess who holds and the number 1 and 2 spots, its very impressive. Plus by having the words "Joomla Hosting" when people land most studies seem to indicate their converions will jump 200 to 300 percent as people feel like they found what they were looking for etc...
    Last edited by bwb; 11-17-2006 at 03:41 PM.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company