* Windows Issue with Wireless

It turns out that my Windows XP installation hates wireless. When I'm connected to wireless, the connection stops working after about 40 minutes or so. My router is fine, and this happens on any wireless network that I connect to. The connection doesn't drop (and can find & connect to wireless networks just fine), but it won't pass many packets over wireless. I tend to see about 40% packetloss pinging any IP, and it doesn't seem to be able to make any TCP connections. I figured it was my drivers, but after reinstalling it 10 times (and downgrading), I determined that the driver wasn't the cause. I replaced my internal wireless card, and that didn't fix the issue either. I then borrowed a PCMCIA wireless card... same result, the connections basically stops working after 40 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions, short of reinstalling the machine? I think I've tried just about everything I could think of up until now.

Matt

Try this:

TCP Optimize
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

You could try cleaning the protocols used. Under network connections right click your wireless network connection and choose properties. uncheck all protocols except Client for MS Windows and internet protocol TCP/IP. I have seen other protocls especially "aegis" cause wireless issues.

You need to play around with your TCP settings...

I can't imagine why the default TCP settings wouldn't work for my machine, but would work on a machine with an identical hardware configuration perfectly. I do see the AEGIS Protocol listed under my wireless connection, so I'll try disabling that first & see how things go.

As for TCP settings, what could possibly cause or fix the issue? I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would make a difference.

Thanks!

Matt

Also you might check your router settings if you have it renew dhcp so often it can cause the same effect.

It's not my router - it happens on any network that I connect to.