Light, fast mail server

Does anyone here know of a fast, light mail server? I have centOS4...does it come with a mail server already? The mail server is going to only be used by me btw. Thanks!

I would suggest checking out http://qmailrocks.org/ as qmail is about the best MTA out there

Thanks, I'll check it out.

For personal use Postfix would offer many advantages over Qmail, namely an RPM-based binary distribution and streamlined configuration. It's hard to beat the simplicity of "yum install postfix" followed by editing maybe 6 lines in main.cf to start out having a functional mail server. That's not to say Qmail isn't a good MTA, I use it for my hosted email solution because all of the user self-service web tools were already developed for it (Vpopmail, Qmailadmin, VQAdmin, etc). The configuration just gets cumbersome between having to compile everything from source, configure TCPServer, configure all the files in qmail/control, etc. For my personal email server I use Postfix because I needed something bulletproof that was easy to configure.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

I love postfix, postfix and postfix

I'd install postfix