access.enom.com and contact information

I use access.enom.com to administrate one of my domains that I registered through a hosting provider here in Sweden. The interface allows me to change the contact information (default, administrative, technical etc), but my changes aren't reflected when I do a whois lookup on the domain. What's wrong? Has my hosting provider locked this down so that I can't update this information? If so, why is the information editable in the access.enom.com interface?

Cheers,
    Rickard

Is the name on registrar hold?

Although most o these DNS changes are done in real time, sometimes it takes a while to propogate out through the internet. You could try clearing your browser cache. You might have to wait for your isp to clear their DNS cache (usually done every day or two, depending on isp). What does eNom's whois say? What does it say when you log back in?
    Signature Under Construction.

he was talking about contact info not DNS

Oops.. yeah... but most of my comments/questions are still valid for contact info as for DNS

Nevermind. It appears it just took 48 hours or something like that for the info to update.

Another question. I've payed for three years with my swedish hosting company, but the whois info says the domain expires after one year. According to them, they've setup some kind of auto-renewal thingy where the domain will be renewed for one year at a time. If I transfer this domain to for example namecheap, will this auto-renewal still work of will I have to pay for the second and third year again?

You'll have to pay again. You should chase them up to add another 2 years, but it's unlikely they will do so. I wouldn't believe them about the automatic renewal thing exactly, but I think you won't get them to change.

Ok, thanks a lot for the help.

I notice enom updates for EPP names is not always real-time

What do you mean by that? Certainly their control panel data is updated in real time.

the control panel is real-time the whois is not. Try it on a few names...

I've done that in the past. Whois is updated instantaneously whenever I've tried. Do a whois using eNom's whois and you'll see it's updated. If it's not updated when using another whois, that's not enom's problem.

to query enom whois directly go to whois.enom.com
    or you can use telnet, by telnetting to

telnet whois.enom.com 43
    then type the domain name and [enter]

Domain whois not updated real time probably the whois service you were using is not updating
    ■ Need an eNom retail/reseller account? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by liandra
    to query enom whois directly go to whois.enom.com
    or you can use telnet, by telnetting to

telnet whois.enom.com 43
    then type the domain name and [enter]

Domain whois not updated real time probably the whois service you were using is not updating
    Exactly! Your whois is only as good as the source, and how often it updates from that source. This applies to .com/.net domains especially, since whois info is stored at the registrars. For 'thick' registries (eg. info, org) just go directly to the registry, since they store the info.