Please help me decide

Which of the following hosts would you recommend or not? Price is not an issue here, more like features, reliabilty and support. I will be going for Windows 2000 Web Space with the decided one.

Chris Heavey

NTT/Verio is the best !

Not DellHost
    This forum officially ****ing sucks

Parsippany, NJ
    I thought that NTT/Verio was trying to get out of the shared hosting business. I'm proably wrong though.

Are they? Someone?
    Chris Heavey

Originally posted by the-admiral
    I thought that NTT/Verio was trying to get out of the shared hosting business. I'm proably wrong though.
    Last I heard ... your right there not getting out of it, just focusing on managed services. After the major lay-off a earlier this year it's been very rough as well as their merger. Not to bad-mouth them but I checked out their operations here in Englewood (we're in the same area) and it was a joke. The really big thing that bugged me was their use of technology they didn't upgrade anything, old versions of Windows, Unix, etc. When they scaled back their bandwidth provisioning from UUNet it made us the largest bandwidth provider in CO using UUNet.

Again this is only my assumption, it could of changed in the past few months ... I'm not sure.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

Definatly dont go Dellhost, Gearhost I hear has a pretty decent reputation.

Vienna, Austria
    if price is not an issue than =

I'm with GearHost ... and recommend them. Reliable, fast, good features and great control panel. Have a friend with NTT/Verio and has about 8 sites with them. He says mostly that once your settled their uptime is alright. Haven't heard about the others though.

verio - duh

Great! Thanks all!
    Chris Heavey

New Jersey
    since I'm on this list I have to properly say this.

with money no object, you have to commit yourself to the top 2 players.

but at the same time then you should look at other options.

example : dell and verio start i the 50+ range for a good amount of items. you could find it for 65% of that price within this forum. What do you have that needs the top 2.

I explaind to a client tonight, do you really need 28 gigs of bandwidth or can you really do it in 10 gigs. finally after 3 hours of e-mails, I got to look at his usage rates. all he really needed was about 7 gigs ( that was with 40% margin of safety ) saved him a fortune ( cost me 20 in profits but a good client is worth it ) Can you imagine what that would cost at dell or verio. a fortune. Now I can understand that you pass me up if your ringing in $ 5000 per hour average on your web site, heck I can even understand you at $ 1000.00. but less than that, Nope.

but anyway research and spend your money wisely.

I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.

Hi Chris,

Given that price is not an issue, you are looking at the more important points, and you are definitely on the right track to a positive hosting experience.

I'd love to say that you should seriously consider spherious, however we do not provide Windows hosting at this time.

James Kruss.
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-25-2002 at 12:16 PM.
    Spherious Hosting