Looking for a good webspace

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a good, cheap web host with domain registration. This is my site: stylistsims.de.vu It's on a free host at the moment, but I would like to have a .net adress with a serious web host...

My site has around 3.000 visitors per day, and offers 4-5MB rar files so bandwith is really important. I need at least 200-300 MB space, and at least one e-mail account. I don't run a forum etc...so I don't need Php, mySQL etc... I don't need subdomains.

Quality is the most important for me. I would like a fast, reliability host with at lest 99.99% uptime.

So, all I want is a web hosting with domain, at least 1 e-mail adress, FTP account, which can handle large rar files and a lot of visitors for the lowest price... I thought about no more than 10$, but if there is no such a host for this money it can be a little bit more.

Thanks a lot for all of your help, I really appreciate it!

You should start by looking in the offers section of this forum. Search through there and you should be able to find a company which fits your description. Any idea how much bandwidth you would use per month?
    Last edited by PWRBryce; 11-16-2006 at 02:47 PM.
    PWRHost.com - Empower your site today!
    Award Winning Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2005!

Quality, Reliable, and Cheap don't fall in the same category -- look to be paying at least $9 or $10 for a reliable host!

Thanks a lot for your reply! I have looked around the offers but I really can't decide...there are some with 5$/per month and some with 30$...and offer the same so I don't know. I am a really beginner at this topic.

I have no idea how much bandwith I use... I think around 300-500 GB per month.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    Quality, Reliable, and Cheap don't fall in the same category -- look to be paying at least $9 or $10 for a reliable host!
    Yeah, I know...I am ready to pay around 10$

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic
    Definately not true.

Such web hosts as ResellerZOOM and Precision Effect were both very reliable and cheap and provided quality hosting to me.

A good quality, reliable, cheap web host is a rare commodity it seems nowadays sure, but to say that all three do not fall in the same category isn't true
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

What are your bandwidth requeriments? approximately
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito
    What are your bandwidth requeriments? approximately
    Around 300-500 GB per month I think

Here is a thread that might help you narrow down some hosting companies.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=525438
    PWRHost.com - Empower your site today!
    Award Winning Shared & Reseller Hosting Since 2005!

If you need that much bandwidth, I believe that governs you'll need to go with a Dedicated Server. Which is more than $9 or $10 hosts

Well Site5 has the 555 deal 50GB diskspace and 5TB of Bandwidth and host up to 50 domains all for 5 bucks. Now thats some serious overselling there.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Thanks a lot for everyones help! People are so helpful here
    I am hesitating between DreamHost and Servage.net ... They are too good, I am not sure about the quality or the speed. Can someone suggest me which one is the better? Or has anyone tried them?
    Thanks!

Hi Kislo!

If you are really using that much.... I am surprised your free host hasn't kicked you out already.

I kind of doubt it, altough you do have many visitors.

Well, an entry-level account with decent quality could cost you around $7-10 per month. I use HostGator a lot for my sites.

You need to look into the bandwidth issue, though.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

I would like to say thanks to everyone - you really helped me a lot to decide! I think I will choose Servage, it seems the best choice

Let us know how you like it within a few months!

Quote Originally Posted by Kislo
    I would like to say thanks to everyone - you really helped me a lot to decide! I think I will choose Servage, it seems the best choice
    Best of luck with Servage

Be sure to keep us updated in a few months.