Thread: uk2.net USELESS

uk2.net USELESS

Well recently i cancelled a server with managed.com due to the poor service i was getting. I spent hours searching the net for a new dedicated server and chose uk2.net as a result of value and that they were offering the first month for just 99p. What a mistake that was.........It is now 1 week later and still no server!! I have sent many e-mails and submitted support tickets to them but so far only recieved 1 reply, stating that due to some problem with supply they had a backlog. I think that 1 week is a bit far fetched and is not the way to deal with new customers. The least they could do would be to keep the customer informed of the progress. They said in the reply that i got that they would look into it and let me have an ETA, but no ETA still and i am still waiting.
    I do not recomend people to go with this company.

to be fair.. servers for 99p with an option to cancel after the first month.. would it really shock you theres a backlog?!?

Fair coment. But the least they could do is to answer the tickets and or the e-mails i should say.

Call them up..

I would if i had a number but they don't post any number on their site.

You can go through there online help! i had it purchased for learning purposes! and ofcourse offering such low servers even for 1 month would bring lots of customers. I did ask there Sales why was such delay being made! they said server will be ready in 1 to 2 days or may take more as they have lots of pending orders also.

contact number on their whois, try that http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=uk2.net

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread...&highlight=uk2

Check this thread out....I think they have explained that the uptake has been massive...hence the delay...
    █████Deltrum Web Hosting - Business Grade Hosting Solutions
    █████Shared & Reseller Hosting, Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers
    █████High Quality Apache Servers with cPanel and Daily Off-Site Backups
    █████w: deltrumweb.com e: hosting@deltrumweb.com t: 0845 054 7512

feel free to contact me directly if you wish to have more info: ditlev(at)uk2.net - but yes, the uptake has been massive. We are setting up 100+ more servers today (right now actually) without knowing your ordernumber I cannot tell you if you are among them naturally.

Best regards,

Ditlev Bredahl
    CEO, UK2
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

This is my order number lets see what you will say.........2267038

how much is 99p in USD?

99p = $1.87 per current exchange rate.
    Host, YES!
    Reselling? Partner for profit instead!

Got my server in 5 days.
    didn't use at all. just canceled.

just wanted to see whether that was true.
    Free Advice: Do your research before you sign up, there are just way more bad hosts than you could imagine....

Quote Originally Posted by RonyZ
    Got my server in 5 days.
    didn't use at all. just canceled.

just wanted to see whether that was true.
    hehe - those of you still waiting for your servers can blame that guy
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Quote Originally Posted by eming
    hehe - those of you still waiting for your servers can blame that guy
    Sorry for this.

but it seems that you really have some problem in your ticket system.

I waited for two days for some of you answered my ticket for cancellation.

but good luck to your business.
    Free Advice: Do your research before you sign up, there are just way more bad hosts than you could imagine....

Quote Originally Posted by RonyZ
    Sorry for this.

but it seems that you really have some problem in your ticket system.

I waited for two days for some of you answered my ticket for cancellation.

but good luck to your business.
    All tech tickets were answered with an avg. reply time of 1 hour and 12 minutes last month...24/7.
    If you are on our www.supremesupport.com deal, you are promised a 5 minute reply on all critical tickets.

Our sales and billing department are manned business hours, and we are working on getting SLA's in place here, but for now focus is on tech support for current clients.

ditlev
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

not to bash ..but u guys at uk2 need to upgrade some speeds to other uk hosts especially if they are premium like 49pence and poundhost.... yes i got a server with you guys ....the only reason i signed up is bcuz of the extra bw i need and space.

I agree with the speed thing. Network performance is poor. Not able to push more than 15mbit even to DC's in europe let alone the US.

Service has been ok although non existant on weekends.

I did get the server for 99p so didn't really lose out but yeah network needs improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi
    I agree with the speed thing. Network performance is poor. Not able to push more than 15mbit even to DC's in europe let alone the US.

Service has been ok although non existant on weekends.

I did get the server for 99p so didn't really lose out but yeah network needs improving.
    Hi Kakashi,

please let me know your server number and I'll look into it - you should be able to reach higher speeds than this.

Many Thanks,

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk
    not to bash ..but u guys at uk2 need to upgrade some speeds to other uk hosts especially if they are premium like 49pence and poundhost.... yes i got a server with you guys ....the only reason i signed up is bcuz of the extra bw i need and space.
    Hi Peruvian talk,

similarly please let me know your server details and the performance you are getting and I'll look into it.

Many Thanks,
    Andy