Crazy Plan Like Dreamhost But With Cpanel / Plesk- Is there any?

Hi,

I always wanted to try Cpanel or Plesk but so far whenever I signed up with a webhost I always ended up with custom made control panel for that particular host. If I sign up with Dreamhost by the end of this year then probably I have to wait for another 2 years to get a chance of using Cpanel or Plesk.

Can someone let me know whether is there any popular host out there with crazy plans similar to Dreamhost but using Cpanel or Plesk?

Thanks.

This is a question that you could've seen coming:

"Why you want a webhost with such crazy plans? Are you gonna use the 27 billion terabytes offered?"

koushibasaki,

One to look into would be site5.
    They seem to offer similar.. nutty plans.

I've read some pretty bad stuff about them here on WHT lately... You might want to do some proper research before signing up with them...!

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela
    You might want to do some proper research before signing up with them...!
    You should thoroughly research ANY provider you're signing up with and putting important data on. Not just the oversellers.

Research, research, research!

I always wanted to try Cpanel or Plesk but so far whenever I signed up with a webhost I always ended up with custom made control panel for that particular host.

What do you mean, there are a lot of web hosts that offere cPanel or Plesk without customizing the panel.

As far as finding a web host that offers cPanel or Plesk as well as similiarities to what Dreamhost offers, that's impossible because DH is overselling, and last i've been reading, Site5 is no better.
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz_
    I always wanted to try Cpanel or Plesk but so far whenever I signed up with a webhost I always ended up with custom made control panel for that particular host.

What do you mean, there are a lot of web hosts that offere cPanel or Plesk without customizing the panel.
    But a lot of companies do not offer those types of resources without a custom panel.
    The reason being those types of insane offerings are best left to clustered, properly configured solution.

A single cpanel box sitting by it's lonesome (or even with clustered mysql) is going to have a harder time competing with the clustered setups that bluehost/dreamhost (just speculation) and some others offer.

A lot of companies don't offer those types of resources without overselling either

But I get what you're getting at
    Personal Website: Here | Currently Hosted By: HostGator | Twitter: @Quartz87

Can someone let me know whether is there any popular host out there with crazy plans similar to Dreamhost but using Cpanel or Plesk?
    Look at any "top 25 hosts" website and check each company listed. Chances are you'll find a couple that use cPanel and have packages that can be defined as "comparable" to Dreamhost's offer.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want a hosting plan that you personally classify as "crazy"?
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    Just out of curiosity, why would you want a hosting plan that you personally classify as "crazy"?

Pardon me for not being able to find a better term.

I need a host where I do not need to worry about bandwidth consumption and big space because I have a few sites with image galleries and they are taking bandwidth and resources away from my other sites that I consider more important at my VPS. I got this headache of transfering the sites to my backup host and still having not enough bandwidth. So, I guess a cheap hosting plan like Dreamhost might solve the problem because they are not mission critical sites.

I am not making enough to get a dedicated server because I still have living expenses to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by koushibasaki
    I need a host where I do not need to worry about bandwidth consumption
    Just because a host offers a high amount of disk space and transfer doesn't mean you don't have to worry. It appears some hosts will find a way to get rid of you before you can use the resources you were promised.

If your site really needs that many resources, then it is time to upgrade out of shared hosting.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

It's called overselling, most web hosts don't expect you to use anywhere near the amount that they are offering. They are also more restricted on cpu usage, if you get anywhere near 1%, your web site ends up getting suspended.

Do a search.