Exclamation Can I do this in a Windows VPS VNC

Hello,

I am new to this forum so hopefully this is going in the right section
    What I need is a vps where all my users can have a remote desktop,

when they log into their vps ie: VNC or some other remote desktop, I need them to be able to run notepad.exe and some other preinstalled programs that I will install for them.

Is this at all possible and if so do you guys/girls have any suggestions on which company to use.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by datarecall
    Hello,

I am new to this forum so hopefully this is going in the right section
    What I need is a vps where all my users can have a remote desktop,

when they log into their vps ie: VNC or some other remote desktop, I need them to be able to run notepad.exe and some other preinstalled programs that I will install for them.

Is this at all possible and if so do you guys/girls have any suggestions on which company to use.

Thanks.
    Well, I'm not sure exactly how Remote Desktop Connections works on Microsoft Virtual Services, but on Virtuozzo for Windows, we offer a max of 2 RDC connections per VPS, and thats because we have to purchase a seperate license for every RDC instance.

I'm not sure but I think VNC just connects to the main ROOT desktop for your particular VPS, so it wouldn't do what your asking for.

If a provider that uses Microsoft Virtual Services can chime in, that would be great as my experience is mostly with Virtuozzo for Windows and Linux.

If MS Virtual Svc can't do what your asking, you might need to either a) find a VPS provider than can extend more RDC licenses to you, or b) you might have to get a Win2k3 Dedicated Server and add-on the appropriate number of Terminal Server (RDC) licenses.

Let me know if this helps.

-Sean

VNC doesn't work on Virtuozzo for Windows, period. It does, however, work just fine on Microsoft Virtual Server.

If you need to have your clients share sessions among each other, you would be best with a VNC then I guess. If they do not need to have a shared session, regular RDP connection will work just fine.

By the way, Sean, MS Virtual Server (not Service) can do a lot more than you think. With it, you don't need a dedicated server, just install terminal services and apply additional CAL licenses.
    Have a question?

However it may be best to do app remoting instead of full desktop remote with something like tarantella or citrix for what your have said here.