Arrow are we allowed to post 'logo contests' in this thread?

I wanted to ask before doing it...

thanks.

Sure you can, just reply with what you are looking for and members can post their entries for you to look over

Thank you for replying.

Regarding posting a logo contest, how is it usually done? Does the buyer or the developer specify price and time frames....?

Has this been done before on webhostingtalk.com?

What if not many designers respond and you don't choose any of the logos?

Has this possible issue been addressed?

Thanks.

My suggestion is to just post the details because as you can see in this forum, new replies dont "bump" the thread so this will dissapear where nobody looks before the comp gets started and reduce the exposure.

Just state in the rules, you reserve the right to not accept any entries if nobody produces something you arn't happy with. As long as people know the rules in advance, they can choose not to enter if they arn't happy with the conditions before doing any design work.

I know you from another forum, and can say you are honest as i entered another contest you run (i came second ) but the winner was paid promptly and the transaction went fine.

There are some good designers here, so give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1boss1
    My suggestion is to just post the details because as you can see in this forum, new replies dont "bump" the thread so this will dissapear where nobody looks before the comp gets started and reduce the exposure.

Just state in the rules, you reserve the right to not accept any entries if nobody produces something you arn't happy with. As long as people know the rules in advance, they can choose not to enter if they arn't happy with the conditions before doing any design work.

I know you from another forum, and can say you are honest as i entered another contest you run (i came second ) but the winner was paid promptly and the transaction went fine.

There are some good designers here, so give it a shot.
    Hi again. Was the contest you entered one of my contests where I paid to both the winner and second place?

Oh nuts!

I started to post the contest then I received this message:
    "You may only start thread every 7 day(s). Please try again later."

Why woud the admins not want a person to more than one project/contest started at the same time?

OH well.

Because of Spam advertising my friend.

That's why i mentioned the best idea is to just post the comp details now, as you can't bump your thread either (for same reason as above).

Was the contest you entered one of my contests where I paid to both the winner and second place?
    Nope, does a toss of the coin ring a bell Yes different username here, as i registered this one way back when i still had my German Shepherd named "Boss"

Do you mean I should post my contest details in this thread (not to wait the 5 days to start a new thread)?

Given the fact that this went pretty down already, you better wait the few days and post a contest thread in all it's glory and get most of the exposure.

(The question you've initially asked would better off asked straight to the customer support via a ticket, they are very helpful and you would not wasted one week)
    Custom logo design from YPSON.COM
    Backed by an experience of over 20 years, serving customers in over 100 countries

Quote Originally Posted by iowaguy1
    Do you mean I should post my contest details in this thread (not to wait the 5 days to start a new thread)?
    It's entirely up to you.

You could post here, but thread is nearly on page 2 and the comp details will be posted several replies in to the thread. Unless you can edit your first post (although not sure if you can). It will still get seen, but each page deeper it goes the less exposure.

Or, you could wait and give it another shot in 5 days.

I have moved this to feedback which is probably the best place for it anyway. Go ahead and post your contest