Enom's interface craping out

Is anyone else having major drama's with managing domains via Enom's reseller interface?

Since they 'upgraded' their interface its a been a real pain to search / administrator domains.

Is it just me, or are others having problems.

Its slick but it sucks. Too slow and way to many timeouts. Yesterday it took them an hour to do a domain push. Then another hour to update nameservers. Total crap.

I grabbed a Stargate Account. Not as slick as enom but if its more reliable Ill move all my domains over.

The interface itself is still useable but I am waiting since 2+ weeks to get a .de domain (which they registered) into my customers account. Seems like they messed up their system with the migration of bulk register.

Of course Enom would never admit that. When I asked them directly on the phone if the bulk register migration is cause of the recent issues they said something like that "could" als be part of the problem.

The standard answer I got the last 2 weeks is "our developers" are working on it...

and slow replies.

For me looks like Enom is facing some major problems right now with the migration of Bulk Register to one system.

Best regards
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Ever since they migrated the beta control panel to the actual control panel (about a month ago), the search function has had a major flaw, often returning some programming error code. Sometimes it works, sometimes it gives the error. When I asked them about it, they said they couldn't reproduce it (but I saw it 100% when I reported it). They suggested logging out, clearing the browser cache, removing the eNom cookies, exiting my browser, and start over. This appeared to work, but it just could have been coincidence, since the error returned.

Having said that. The new search function when you click on the manage domains, is awesome.

I too have noticed some flakiness. Even sometimes eNom.com cannot be reached. Nothing that additional server capacity wouldn't solve, imho. But agree it's frustrating when your experience it.
    Signature Under Construction.

Yeah, the CP migration started it all. While I like the new control panel, it is way too slow and timeouts too much. They need to speed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNet-Tony
    Its slick but it sucks. Too slow and way to many timeouts. Yesterday it took them an hour to do a domain push. Then another hour to update nameservers. Total crap.

I grabbed a Stargate Account. Not as slick as enom but if its more reliable Ill move all my domains over.

I think StarGate is a good choice. Their price for transfers is very nice.

I think for that price the interface can be excused a bit. Especially if it continues to be reliable and the company stays away from any mergers...
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Oh my god, I'm setting up a VPS - a first for me - and enom is taking forever to update my nameserver changes. COME ON ENOM GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER

I had problem with the API interface. In the past enom always set the default of mail forwarding in all domain, but now they don't, so when a client just register a domain in my site and manage it using my interface, and he wanted to setup e-mail forwarding, it didn't work like it used to be. eNom now required to setup e-mail options as well, wheter it's mail forwarding, User configured MX, User simpified, No Service, or POP3 enabled.
    I don't really like the new interface and this company much anymore. The old interface much2 simpler to use.

And also the way domain contact retrieved using their API is changed. Now if you have registrant, tech, and admin info set the same as billing, it won't show up in the API.
    ■ Need an eNom retail/reseller account? PM me

Personally, I now prefer the new control panel. Cleaner and better organized. Speed-wise, I think what we've lost on the swings, we've gained on the roundabouts. It's a wash. However, the timeouts are definitely getting to the point of annoying. Needs more server power, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNet-Tony
    Oh my god, I'm setting up a VPS - a first for me - and enom is taking forever to update my nameserver changes. COME ON ENOM GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER
    In my transfer process I registered a couple new domains on StarGate and SRSPlus. I did this just incase I had to make a switch.

If you are setting up a NEW VPS I would recommend:
    1. Register a new domain with a new Registar.
    2. Set up the VPS with the new domain as host/nameserver.
    3. Move your other domains to the VPS changing their nameservers.
    5. Then TRANSFER your domains to a new Registar.

This may take a little longer or then again may not.

My new Domains were active within minutes.
    Most will be ready within 24 hours tops.

Once you change to nameserver to the domain that is not on BulkRegister/eNom then you can relax and not worry asmuch about the domain transfer.

BTW, that is one reason I now have domains with two Registars. If one Registar goes bad I can switch my nameserver within 24 hours. Best to do on a Saturday after 6 PM est. Everything will be set on Sunday after 8 AM.

Well, in the past that has worked for me...and my clients were not down for long if at all.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Is it me? I find it takes much longer to do what I need to do with this new interface

Must be you See my post 2 messages above yours. What is it you are trying to do which is so slow?

Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot
    Is it me? I find it takes much longer to do what I need to do with this new interface
    The "new" BulkRegister/eNom interface is MUCH slower and many more steps than the "old" BulkRegister interface.

IMHO, perhaps eNom should have used to "old" BulkRegister Interface instead of "developing" a "new" one.... "Coffee!"
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    Must be you See my post 2 messages above yours. What is it you are trying to do which is so slow?

something simple like search for one of my names

I want to post an update about the .de domain registration issue I mentioned above.
    The domain is registered but not in the account, more precise its not even in Enoms system ;-o, however it clearly states all data when you do a whois.

No ETA from Enom and just the standard reply something like

"We are still waiting on a resolution to this by our developers. Thanks so much for your admirable on-going patience--we assure you that we are doing everything we can to help you resolve this issue."

for the xxth time.

If you have to register any DE domain, its probably smarter right now to do that somehwere else. That might also apply to other domains depending how <put your favourite swearword here> their system currently is.

Best regards
    __--- Nils Valentin ---

I would be scared to use them for .de

I'd be scared you use anyone but a german registrar for .de domains.

"stu2" and "franksredhot" do you mind explaining what you mean ?

Until now I had reason to believe that Enom is a very reputable, reliable and professional company.

Its just recently that I discovered some flaws in their system.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---

ok, it seems bulkregister/enom has released my domains for transfer as the whois now lists the gaining registrar, but no whois info yet. a call to the gaining registrar says that i should be getting it finalized in my account by tomorrow, exactly as ireland predicted, since today was the 7th day (for me, it occured early in the morning, but i also initated early early morning the week prior)
    so as it stands, it seems my domains have transfered, but not finalized in my account yet, so i should get a email tomorrow....

also, as ireland said, my bulkregister/enom control panel still lists my domains i transferred away... but it may not be related to his problem since my domains are still not finalized transfer..but it lists the domain and if i try to change the dns server info, it says in red message "this domain does not seem to be registered with this system, etc" something along those lines

will update more tomorrow when i should have it in my account, its registrar has switched over so things look good

Until now I had reason to believe that Enom is a very reputable, reliable and professional company.
    It still is. Those BR customers who are rallying against change, are getting exactly what they want by eNom processing (as they should) their transfer requests. I don't think they could be too unhappy about that, even if the control panel features they want, can't be found elsewhere. Those complaining about top-up processing fees are just blowing off wind. I'm not intending to be disrespectful in these remarks. However, I do think they should have taken both my and eNom's advice and opened up their own eNom reseller accounts. It would have been cheaper than the eNom/BR offering and they would gain access to one of the best (if not the best) control panel on the planet. eNom are not top Reseller Register for the last 5 years and the 2nd largest Registrar behind GoDaddy for nothing.

"stu2" and "franksredhot" do you mind explaining what you mean ?
    What I'm referring to was .de domains. I think .de domains should be registered with german registrars which understand clearly the requirements of the .de registry. We've seen a few remarks over the last year where a US registrar has had some confusion about complying with the .de registry requirements (Although I've no personal experience, I'm just passing on the knowledge I've gained from reading these forums).

Its just recently that I discovered some flaws in their system.
    What flaws?

double login

since the upgrade i've had to login multiple times on almost every login. once it does let me in, many pages won't load completely forcing me to dump cache and login yet again. kind of a pain for me since we're in the midst of a complete overhaul and the enom schtuff is in my lap. hrmph
    PJ

It is slow in firefox I see