OJ Simpson: If I did it, here's how...

Do you believe he's written a book called "If I did it, here's how" describing how he "could have" murdered his wife and her friend?!?

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5686138

I hope no one buys it.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina

I hope no one buys it.

--Tina
    Unfortunately, many people will buy it.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

He was paid to write it. It wasn't his idea.

Geez... if I were him I wouldn't be doing this. I'd still fear being put in the slammer or something.

I saw this today.... I think the road OJ is doing down is terrible. What is the point of doing this? Well, sure, to make a dollar... but it is sick, IMO.... What do his kids think about this... but I'm sure he is getting back at the Browns in their little war between each other...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

He thinks he is above the law....

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Geez... if I were him I wouldn't be doing this. I'd still fear being put in the slammer or something.
    He can't be tried again for this crime. He could outright admit that he did it and he couldn't be put in jail.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

It's called Double Jeopardy, I think. I know thats a movie about it too. lol

Regards,
    Anthony B.

Yeah it is double jeopardy and it is one of our rights granted by the fifth amendment to the Constitution, "nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb"

Not true, the Criminal Justice Act of 2003 states that when there is "new and compelling evidence" a person may be retried for an offense that he or she was previously acquitted for.
    JetNet, LLC
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable
    Shared Reseller Dedicated
    http://www.jetnethost.com

Quote Originally Posted by JetNet
    Not true, the Criminal Justice Act of 2003 states that when there is "new and compelling evidence" a person may be retried for an offense that he or she was previously acquitted for.
    Interesting I did not hear about that. I bet the Constitutional Lawyers had or are having a field day with that.

That's not in the US:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Justice_Act_2003

"The Criminal Justice Act 2003 is a wide-ranging Act of Parliament introduced to modernise many areas of the criminal justice system in England and Wales and, to a lesser extent, in Scotland and Northern Ireland."

--Tina

This is not the case. OJ can walk out and tell everyone he sees that he killed his wife; and he still can not be retried.

That's not in the US:

"The Criminal Justice Act 2003 is a wide-ranging Act of Parliament introduced to modernise many areas of the criminal justice system in England and Wales and, to a lesser extent, in Scotland and Northern Ireland."

--Tina
    Thanks Tina, I thought I was going NUTS. I figured if something that drastic passed I would have heard about it.

Looks like you got me. I must have gotten mixed up with something along the way. Anyway, I just meant that there are exceptions to the double jeopardy rule, whether in O.J.'s case or not. Such as trying the defendant in a different jurisdiction, or for a civil offense rather than criminal (e.g. Simpson being acquitted for the criminal homicide offense but losing the wrongful death civil case). Or if the previous trial was ruled to be fraudulent somehow.
    JetNet, LLC

They can if they want to. There are always loops around every law.

For the above, prosecutor can charge OJ Simpson again with the same event, but for a different reason.

For example some police officers who killed minorities in the past and got cleared for Murder, are now being charged for violating the civil rights of the people they murdered.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu
    ... but it is sick
    Well, is expected from a murderer.

I hope no one buys this book so that he makes no/little money at it.
    Last edited by AceWeb; 11-15-2006 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azizny
    They can if they want to. There are always loops around every law.

For the above, prosecutor can charge OJ Simpson again with the same event, but for a different reason.

For example some police officers who killed minorities in the past and got cleared for Murder, are now being charged for violating the civil rights of the people they murdered.

Peace,
    Interesting point. What do you think they could come up with for a reason?

--Tina

Interesting point. What do you think they could come up with for a reason?

--Tina
    Manslaughter?

I am pretty sure there are dozens of charges that can get him life sentence for such case.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Same thing happened with the Rodney King case back in the 90's. The officers were acquitted of criminal charges by the county court, but some went on to be charged for violating King's civil rights by the federal court.
    JetNet, LLC

It would be funny if the publisher typos the cover with "I did it, here's how..."

This is Sick, how can a publisher pays someone that is a killer to confess on a book and make money out of it. If he was in jail I don't have much problems with it but he is free laughing about it. He thinks about his child? the family of the victims?

But I find more incredible is that Fox is planning on making a two part interview with him... Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    From the link:

Judith Regan, whose ReganBooks imprint is publishing the book, refused to say what Simpson is being paid for the book but said he came to her with the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Z-M
    This is not the case. OJ can walk out and tell everyone he sees that he killed his wife; and he still can not be retried.
    well, possibly, however, they could THEN get him for perjury.

they acn always find something.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

he might as well admit to it. IMO he's admitting it without saying it, as he's saying, "Well, i DIDN'T do it, but if I had...here's how it would have gone down..."

What kind of sick **** would even have had time to contemplate how he would have killed the woman he allegedly loved and another human being?

Sick I tell ya.

They won’t retry him. For what… writing a book of fiction? I could write a similar book… it would be just as tasteless and repulsive, but it would not mean that I killed her.

It is 76 on Amazon… it is going to sell. I’m sure every law school in America will be talking about it… along with the case. Many people will order it online and hide it from their friends. With all the publicity, we will HAVE to know what is inside… well, you know, for our “educated” arguments for and against OJ and the book.

The Juice is not done tormenting the family and friends of his victims!
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Surely the statute of limitations is past on perjury and any other smaller offenses they could come up with. If the fedgov really wanted this guy locked up, they could just sick the IRS on him.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Z-M
    No but his life can be ripped apart!!! (People coming @ him from every direction for any little thing)

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ub3r
    He could have said no.

I hope no one buys it.

--Tina
    I know I won't ..