Interview with HostNine

Hey, I just finished an interview with HostNine... It covers a wide range of stuff on how they are advertising, affiliate marketing, SEO, hosting directories, print ads and a lot of stuff on their reseller hosting plans, their eventual end user support for resellers, their support staff and more!

Read it at:
    http://www.resellerguide.com/article...-interview/138

Let me know what you think

Not in audio btw, did it before I got that suggestion ;
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

I'm confused by the following [quote] Rick: Reseller Hosting really allows customers to control their websites as much as they possibly can without going for a VPS/Dedicated solution. While our shared hosting plans allow unlimited domains, it can get a bit confusing / cluttered when using addon domains. Where as with Reseller Hosting you receive the WebHost Manager control panel as well as the cPanel control panel in return making it easier to manage your websites.
    Does he mean they place their bets on shared? It sounds incredible! The price for shared and VPS is almost the same. Who will go for shared in the future?Marketing and Advertising

I'm skeptical with this figure "We're currently hosting over 10,000 websites" LOL
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Bhw, How can we unprove their case? Or is it true?

[QUOTE=HHIC]I'm confused by the following
    Rick: Reseller Hosting really allows customers to control their websites as much as they possibly can without going for a VPS/Dedicated solution. While our shared hosting plans allow unlimited domains, it can get a bit confusing / cluttered when using addon domains. Where as with Reseller Hosting you receive the WebHost Manager control panel as well as the cPanel control panel in return making it easier to manage your websites.
    Does he mean they place their bets on shared? It sounds incredible! The price for shared and VPS is almost the same. Who will go for shared in the future?Marketing and Advertising
    I think what he meant is that he sees the future of shared hosting in becoming what we now think of reseller hosting because WHM organizes sites a lot better then having just cpanel and addon domains or so on. So its better for people to go with what we now call reseller plans for shared since its a bit more organized and offers a lot more options. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost
    I'm skeptical with this figure "We're currently hosting over 10,000 websites" LOL
    Well don't forget 90% of their clients are resellers with a lot of sites hosted, some hosts don't like to share customer base and would rather do it by sites. Especially when they just started this year.

I might just have to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by NameServer
    Bhw, How can we unprove their case? Or is it true?
    Well I believe him, why would a company lie about this? I have a ruff idea of how many customers they get per day and how long they have been up. If you really wanted to check just use whois.sc on all their servers.... take a long time and have to track down the domain's used on their reseller clients but it could be done, would be a total waste of time but could be done

It looks like HN customers don't like using forum.

Our users have posted a total of 268 articles
    We have 412 registered users
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise