timorperfectus.com

Web design and web development web site with free tutorials, free code, etc.

http://www.timorperfectus.com

honestly...

- looks a bit boring. i think a little more colour would be good. maybe introduce shades of the dark red.
    - the navigation should stand out more. i had to let my eyes wonder for a few seconds before finding it. what about having a dark red background for the menu which went all the way across the page. this would bring more colour into the page as well as making the nav stand out more.
    - the logo would look better if it was even each side.
    - there seems to be a larger white space to the right than the left. is this intended? it just makes the site look little amateurish.
    - a side column might be a nice thing to add to make the page look at bit less empty.

its a good start but i think since the topic of the site is web design no one will take notice unless your site is good. the main things which need to be sorted are the colour, to make it more attractive to look at.

hope this helps and good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, it's lacking something. I totally agree with the nav bar of some sort on the right, i'm working on an AJAX feed or something of that sort that has a list of random "cool" URLs or some such.
    I like the idea for the navigation on top as well, I think that could definitely sort of get squashed between the logo and the body text.

I don't understand what you mean by "the logo would look better if it was even each side." though...could you maybe elaborate?

thanks again for the feedback! :-)

Too simple i think ,isnt it ?