Thread: bestofdata.com

bestofdata.com

bestofdata.com

there layout looks professional they have great offers but there is a big but!

I signed up there. Looked at there servers and found one I was looking for. I believe it wad dual core. So I added money to my account 114$ to be exacly but then the problam came. It seems they didnt offer that server anymore I could only choose one which I didnt need! And they dont give me a refund so I basicly just lost 114$ because there system doesnt tell when a server is out of stock!

Im hoping to get the money back by contacting paypal. There service is rude! And its insane that a company like that doesnt do refunds

Quote Originally Posted by teeen
    bestofdata.com

there layout looks professional they have great offers but there is a big but!

I signed up there. Looked at there servers and found one I was looking for. I believe it wad dual core. So I added money to my account 114$ to be exacly but then the problam came. It seems they didnt offer that server anymore I could only choose one which I didnt need! And they dont give me a refund so I basicly just lost 114$ because there system doesnt tell when a server is out of stock!

Im hoping to get the money back by contacting paypal. There service is rude! And its insane that a company like that doesnt do refunds
    Uh, they can't force you into a server you don't want.. If it's not available, then they should cancel it..

Have you tried live support?

https://www.bestofdata.com/bod/?x=livesupport

Edit: If you already agreed with them to take the other server, then you're stuck. If you haven't agreed to it, then they cannot legally hold you to it and should refund you, if communication is presented.
    Last edited by VPSHelp; 11-15-2006 at 10:31 AM.

They still have the Core2Duo listed. Are you sure they are unable to deliver it, not just that it takes 4 days to setup?

They just resale http://www.ovh.com/fr/index.xml so if you want to save some bucks just order directly there

Yes, but OVH does not offer these servers to everybody, ways of payment are limited and to top it off: Their service is horrible. Oh, and you'll be needing a French dictionary

Its not that much of a price difference, and it will save you a lot of problems later on

You can order from anywhere with a CC. And the support do speak English. They even got a German website now for us Germans

http://www.ovh.de

6-Refunds BESTOFDATA.COM WILL NEVER GIVE ANY REFUNDS. ALL PAYMENTS DONE ON YOUR ACCOUNT ARENíT REFUNDABLE.

As with most hosting companies I've ever dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky
    As with most hosting companies I've ever dealt with.
    I would agree with them if I already bought a server but I didnt.. after the money went in my account I made a ticket to explain them the situation! For some reason my account got suspended I havent even done anything. So there is no account and no more money. There scammers

You didn't actually pay for the server.

You added $114 "credit" to your account, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L
    You didn't actually pay for the server.

You added $114 "credit" to your account, right?
    Yes, your right. (and my account is suspended for asking my money back)

Because when you go tru a list of there servers with no money on your account every server seems to be available but after you sent the payment to your account there is only one server left! And I dont want that server ! So I went to another company and ordered my server there but the guys from bestofdata dont give me a the money back!

Apparently you have never asked about turnaround time. These servers still are available...however not instantly. They take about 4 days or so to setup.

Guess there was only 1 server available instantly..which you didn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrios
    Apparently you have never asked about turnaround time. These servers still are available...however not instantly. They take about 4 days or so to setup.

Guess there was only 1 server available instantly..which you didn't want.
    4 days + 4 days setup this would takes to long.. but since I didnt bought anything how can they keep my money? and they even suspended my account what for? asking my money back? Im phoning them now because they simply stole my money by locking up my account with 114$ in there! I never ever got a email from them saying it locked nothing. This is stealing and if they dont give me a refund paypal wil get me a refund

This is stealing and if they dont give me a refund paypal wil get me a refund
    You really should have joined their IRC and asked Randy, or one of the other admins. Also by threatening with paypal won't get you anywhere imo. The ToS states they won't offer a refund.

They have that server in stock, you just need to wait for the setup to be complete (which is normally about 4 days)

Honestly, if you were my customer I wouldn't give you a refund either. I have in my TOS that refunds will not be granted, so good luck.

i wish you luck getting your money back but regarding setup times shouldnt you have asked this question before putting cash in to buy i know many european hosts that have upto a week setup time to be honest i cannot see anywhere on there site where it says instant setup on those servers so cant see how you can get your cash back

Hello,

I dont think you are posting the whole story, it's more along the lines of:

You ordered a server from us.

You created a ticket asking of you could host/link warez.

We told you that as our TOS states, illegal material is not acceptable.

You then decided you wanted to cancel the server and a refund.

We explained that also as our TOS we cannot refund you.

You filed an unauthorized transaction report on paypal.

We suspended your bestofdata account until paypal completes reviewing the unauthorized transaction report.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by bestofdata; 11-15-2006 at 08:15 PM.
    BestOfData - http://www.bestofdata.com - Your Online Gateway To Internet!
    DediboxWorld | SMS Gateway
    BestOfData is the ultimest solutions to all your webservices problems!

BoD has been good 2 me great service and fast support.

Im sorry but this isnt true. Backup your story with posting all the tickets that have been made.

The first ticket I opened Stated clearly I didnt wanted the server I just asked some extra questions!

You filed an unauthorized transaction report on paypal.
    We suspended your bestofdata account until paypal completes reviewing the unauthorized transaction report.

No I didnt

I made a dispute
    Nov. 14, 2006
    Non-ceipt Dispute

My account got suspended before I ever made a dispute!

But mistakes happen, It was stupid of me to ad the money to the account so fast, appeartly I wasnt thinking. Why arent you just giving me the money back? Even if you unsuspend my account I dont want a server at your place! I already ordered one somewhere else. You didnt earned the money I sent you because I got nothing in return It was a mistake would you be so kind and just give it back

did u get your cash back teeen seems like they ignoring tickets from everyone know so looks like it kinda going pearshaped

Quote Originally Posted by iand
    did u get your cash back teeen seems like they ignoring tickets from everyone know so looks like it kinda going pearshaped
    I filled a dispute at paypal..! They didnt just ingored my tickets they deleted my account. Its insane that they just keep my money.

i heard from the irc chat

that they also reboot customers servers into rescue mode and look thru peoples servers without telling them or anything

so go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by mihd

that they also reboot customers servers into rescue mode and look thru peoples servers without telling them or anything

so go figure!
    strange. i been with them for 2 month now and that never happend to me. only time they do is when you havent paid the server, that one i stated in their TOS .
    stubrud.com since 2002
    lauching new services soon at webservere.no

read this log of the irc conversation

http://paste.pierce.tv/?973e9e2f9d64...412eed7492bf1a

they admit to looking thru servers (see Thierrys replies) without asking customers permission...
    be rebooting into rescue mode and searching hard drives

they say they have big problem with bittorents on windows servers but that still doesnt justify looking thru customers servers without permission...

Too many exclamation marks. I was going blind.

Quote Originally Posted by mihd

so go figure!
    It's true, without permission they're going through the customer's servers using rescue mode...

Quote Originally Posted by advantz
    It's true, without permission they're going through the customer's servers using rescue mode...

I'm sure they have terms in their TOS permitting them to scan / investigate any servers that they belive may be performing malicious acts.

After all, it's their hardware, their network. I would expect them to want to maintain a cleand and profitable operation.

Bah wish ya luck getting that money back bud!

they are on the middlemen the hardware and network belongs to dedibox (and recently ovh.fr)..

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix
    I'm sure they have terms in their TOS permitting them to scan / investigate any servers that they belive may be performing malicious acts.

After all, it's their hardware, their network. I would expect them to want to maintain a cleand and profitable operation.
    TOS created 2006/10/18 and what about they are that already ordered before that time, and got cancelled??