Looking for reliability in a reseller host

Hi,

I always run two separate Linux reselling packages in different hosts - spreading my risks etc.

One of the companies I buy space from is proving to be unreliable over quite a period of time. So I'm looking for recommendations for reseller hosting, with the prime considerations being reliability and good support when needed.

Space and bandwidth are not the issue, as all plans seem to have plenty. Money is not the issue, as an hour spent fixing problems more than covers the cost of a months hosting fees. It's reliability and stability that are paramount.

I'm used to WHM/CPanel and would like to keep with that.

I'm happy with HTTPMe, with their servers in LA, but would like a second host in another city (sorry, Aussie Bob) - spreading my risks again.

Any suggestions, preferably based on your own experience?

Quote Originally Posted by websitesNZ
    Money is not the issue, as an hour spent fixing problems more than covers the cost of a months hosting fees. It's reliability and stability that are paramount.
    I wish more people would realize this. Have you tried dotable Aussie Bob's new company?
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Well, at this point, I think that a lot of host may fit in your search
    I suggest to narrow your list to 5/6 hosts and search about them here and in google.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by SharkSpace
    Have you tried dotable Aussie Bob's new company?
    I am pretty sure Dotable has servers in Los Angeles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by websitesNZ
    Money is not the issue, as an hour spent fixing problems more than covers the cost of a months hosting fees.
    I am going to save that line.

You may use whreviews.com for your searching.

I have had some experience with ahosting. I like their support and reliability.
    P.S. My site coming soon.

I'm used to WHM/CPanel and would like to keep with that.
    Some WHM/CPanel reseller providers with a good reputation over time include digitallyjustified.com, monsterhosting.ca and dotable.com

Hope this helps....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLex
    I have had some experience with ahosting. I like their support and reliability.
    P.S. My site coming soon.
    What domain do you have hosted with them? *some* experience isn't a very good reason to recommend anyone.

I can suggest who NOT to go with, have had some bad experiences in the past. But I would recommend UPScaleHost.com. Hostgator.com as well as hostforweb.com. Support is excellent for all three providers.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Hi

If your looking for US Based link hosting i recommend taking a look at:

http://www.hostsearch.com - web host directory
    http://www.webhostdir.com - web host directory
    http://www.findmyhosting.com - web host directory
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

I wish more people would realize this.
    To me it's the most important "feature". And the one that is hardest to doscover.

Have you tried dotable Aussie Bob's new company?
    That's in LA too. I don't want all of my sites hosted in LA servers in case a big earthquake knocks out the infrastructure there for a few days or weeks.

You may want to do a list of +or- 5 hosts and contact them about the location of their datacenters, some have servers in more than one DC.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I would recommend searching on http://www.hostsearch.com/

1. Make a list of web hosts that meet your requirements.
    2. Contact them to find out where their DC is located, also test their response timings.
    3. Do a search on them here on WHT for reviews

Some companies have servers in multiple DC's.

I definitely would not go with ahosting. I've had some bad experiences with them several years ago, I'm not sure if they've changed, but it was something that would make me never return.

One of my customers on our reseller package started sending out a large number of e-mails. I quickly terminated that account as soon as I received notice of it. However, our ENTIRE reseller account was suspended. Trying to resolve the issue over their instant messaging support turned into a heated dispute and in the end, the only thing I asked for back was our files (although we had paid a year in advance and this happened at around the 3 month mark I believe). That was denied and we left for a VPS solution at ServInt where we could have greater control over things.

If money is not an issue, I would recommend getting a ServInt managed VPS (which is what we did). They are very reliable and I've spent a very pleasant year or two there using cPanel/WHM before I returned to shared hosting. Great support.

If a VPS is not your cup of tea, in my search before getting a VPS, I settled on Hostgator based on the reviews/comments of this community, and a pre-sales chat I had with them. I haven't had any personal hosting experiences with them so it's best you do some research.

Good luck in your search.