Thread: Lost (Season 3)

Lost (Season 3)

Hello all,

Am I dreaming? The UK will get the rest of Season 3 before the US? I love Sky One!

Now just answer my second dream for 24 Season 6 asap.

NOTE: I'm happy for people to discuss lost and 24 in general but don't discuss any of season 3. Although I've already seen the first 6 episodes of Lost season 3, some people haven't and you'll spoil it for them. If you some how have god-like powers and know anything about 24 Season 6 PLEASE DO NOT post it here. Thanks

No Spoilers Please!
    Sean

Last episode to air in the us was s03e06, when does 07 air there? Are you sure you won't get cut off at the same point as us?

Am I dreaming? The UK will get the rest of Season 3 before the US? I love Sky One!
    No, we will not. Just like in the USA we will also take a break once these first 6 have been shown.

ABC would be crazy to let another country get ahead of them on such a big show.

Now just answer my second dream for 24 Season 6 asap.
    We will get the new series of 24 shown the same week as the USA.
    Steve

Well I'm sure the US don't get S03E07 until Feb but the UK's S03E01 starts 19th Nov. So that means we get the 7th episode 31st December.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds38359.html
    Sean

As I said above, just like the USA we will also take a break after these first 6.
    Steve

16 weeks break??

whats that all about?

The US TV networks like to have a season from August/September through till May/June. It is not feasible to create a new episode every week so they often stretch it out by using repeats or in some cases taking a show off air for a bit and sticking in another mid-season show which wasn't strong enough to be picked up for a full season from the start, or was not developed in time for the regular start.

With shows like CSI sticking in a repeat is not too much of an issue because the episodes often have their own compact story with little or no run on to the next episode. However with shows like Lost, which has an ongoing story, sticking in a repeat which takes you back weeks or months just confuses and annoys people. This year they decided to show 6 episodes in a row, then take a break and show the rest with no gaps in at all next year. 24 is doing something similar but with a straight run through from January.
    Steve

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it 16 weeks.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

All the ads in AUS always say something like "See it at the same time as the US", it gets annoying.

LOST is great, but I think it's going to be over-done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex-Steve
    The US TV networks like to have a season from August/September through till May/June. It is not feasible to create a new episode every week so they often stretch it out by using repeats or in some cases taking a show off air for a bit and sticking in another mid-season show which wasn't strong enough to be picked up for a full season from the start, or was not developed in time for the regular start.

With shows like CSI sticking in a repeat is not too much of an issue because the episodes often have their own compact story with little or no run on to the next episode. However with shows like Lost, which has an ongoing story, sticking in a repeat which takes you back weeks or months just confuses and annoys people. This year they decided to show 6 episodes in a row, then take a break and show the rest with no gaps in at all next year. 24 is doing something similar but with a straight run through from January.
    thats rubbish. just another reason im glad not to live in america (after 'they all talk funny' and 'they think a game of football is played with your hands')

http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/sk...2696/msgs.html

That states that lost s03e07 will be shown in the UK before the US.
    Sean

Why are you ignoring all the posts in that forum which quite clearly state the opposite! I can guarantee now that when the first 6 episodes are over we will have a break.

Maybe you should email Sky and ask them?
    Steve

No one actually stated facts with links though.

And I'm a step ahead of you, emailed sky this morning.
    Sean

I have to laugh at anyone suggesting ABC will let one of their biggest shows air on a foreign network days/weeks before its own.

The UK will see it the same week as the US and Canada.

The only people in the world who see Lost before the US are the Canadians. CTV show it one hour early here (8pm EST).

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemik
    No one actually stated facts with links though.

And I'm a step ahead of you, emailed sky this morning.
    Here you go:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds38874.html#

Sky One will air the first six episodes of season three, before a short break for Christmas.

The remaining episodes will air from February 2007, days after each episode is broadcast in the US.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

out of interest for those in the know - is prison break doing this as well?

Prison Break goes off air in a few weeks in the USA. It then comes back January 22nd 2007.

In the UK it will start January and run straight through.
    Steve

bah stupid americans!

now ill have to find something else to watch at work..